It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000 Try To Serve Citizens Arrest On Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

1,000 Try To Serve Citizens Arrest On Bush

www.infoshop.org

As George Bush made his appearance and speech today at the United Nations in NYC, 1,000 people issued a citizen's arrest warrant against him for war crimes and crimes against humanity.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is the best news I've seen in a long time. It goes to show you that our citizens are fed up.

www.infoshop.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well its a good idea,based on good intentions.
BUT....this will do about as good as trying to end the war.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
These people are a huge embarrassment.

It's hard to believe that people could be so misinformed and misguided.

Let them try that in Iran or Venezuela or Cuba or N. Korea.

Truly pathetic.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Yup. You have to give those 1000 people a big old A for effort, but serving a citizens arrest on the leader of the free world is about as likely to happen as Bush accepting a debate challenge from Ahmadinejead and pulling the plug on Iraq all in one day.

Perseverance may pay off 9 times out of 10, but this one should be canned as it will NEVER happen. He would just pardon himself the day before leaving office anyhow...

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm sure those people knew that they would'nt succeed with actually arresting Bush.

They were makeing a statement with their actions about how many citizens feel.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
How pathetic and embarrassing. It is instances like this which make america a laughing stock. America is becoming weaker and weaker.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

Bah, there's goofballs in every country. Nevertheless, America is so far ahead of every country in just about every category that all the nuts in the world couldn't drag us down!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

Bah, there's goofballs in every country. Nevertheless, America is so far ahead of every country in just about every category that all the nuts in the world couldn't drag us down!

HAHA, I live in the US now going to college, alot of poeple here are pretty stupid. Your first year of university here is equivalent to Year 12 in Australia, actually year 12 is harder.
After living in China for over a year, I find CHina far more exciting and intersting than America.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

China's a glorified third-world country, Australia is running out of water and their standard of living is behind America in just about every measurable category.

We can have crappy schools and still have the best economy on the planet.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Those unthinking DUPES!

They are being used, by the far right wing, to advance their own agenda:

Cheney in Charge.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

China's a glorified third-world country, Australia is running out of water and their standard of living is behind America in just about every measurable category.

We can have crappy schools and still have the best economy on the planet.

Actually I would say that Australia's standard of living is at least as good if not better. We also have far more freedom and far less baggage than Americans have.

Have you ever been outside of America, I didn't think so. But China is much more fun and far more exciting than AMerica. I wish I were there now. You do know of course that the 21st Century belongs to China, oh wait of course you dont't you live in the Amerian bubble of ignorance.
And yes your education system sucks, it produces so many morons, are you one of them ?

From the way you talk, I doubt you'd know the first thing about economics.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by mad scientist]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Interesting. May I ask why aren't you going to school in China, or back in your homeland. Sounds to me like you would be far more happy there, and we certainly don't need to be educating people who think the education they are receiving is so inferior. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kespuds3
Interesting. May I ask why aren't you going to school in China, or back in your homeland. Sounds to me like you would be far more happy there, and we certainly don't need to be educating people who think the education they are receiving is so inferior. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Something different to do, I thought about staying in China, but I go back every summer. Your university's are ok, or at least one of the Ivy League onces I am going to. Your High School education sucks, which is why I come across so amny morons. You don't sound too knowledgeable yourself, I bet you can recite sports stats though,

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Courtesy is mandatory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The topic, please... not each other

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Been to Canada, Jamaica, and the UK. All alright places in their own right, but I wouldn't want to live there. Australia having more freedoms? Are you @#$@#$@ kidding me? Let's review, you just got done banning "terrorist" websites and your gun rights are significantly more restricted. Don't forget water restrictions.

P.S.

Australia is twelve places below America in PPP/capita (you got beat by the UK, ow), plus it's still really gonna suck when all your water's gone.

en.wikipedia.org...

Look at the problems in your own country before criticizing mine.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
sarcasm/ Oh man, after reading this I feel ashamed to be an American,
what a crock of "insert what ever". /sarcasm

I can't believe people would still still up for this monkey in office.

1000's trying to do a citizens arrest well thats good for them cause how many have the power to do more then that?

not much else us citizens can do, besides get arrested at protests and try and alert each other of whats going on.

How many Policemen would be trying to arrest him?

None that I read or heard of.

How many judges would put him through court knowing what hes done ?

would they charge him with all the deaths that are linked to him, not including the the current war deaths military and civilian?

How many have tried and failed cause of the sheepeople that blindly follows him?
hence anytime some one brings to light "antibush" they badger them with well your a "ter-er-or-ist" or your a "commie" or better yet " anti-american"
look your either with us or against us. hog wash.

If we all did our research we would know how much wrong this man has done, and yet we put down others cause they are trying to do something most people don't have the "insert something here" for?

I say woot and show it on the 6 o'clock news or what ever time its on now.
People need to stand up or we all are going to be shut down.

I think all people who back him aught to be arrested to.

They are helping his cause to "bush-i-za-tion" (for his four syllable words he likes) of the globe. every vote they make every thing they help him pass gives the rest of the world less freedom.

I think he should be arrested, and tried for what he has been doing.

This man should be stopped while we can stop him but its the people who keep following him like sheep that keeps the rest of us down.

How many people have been harmed because of the laws that were put into place by this mad man?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Don't you know that ~70% of America opposes Bush? Nevertheless, Bush still has the loyalty of the Secret Service and probably most of the military. Realistically, he won't be convicted of anything while he has that. Nevertheless, I wouldn't rule out prosecution(s) once he's out of office.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

so why oppose the civil arrest? if you are against him why stick up for him? shouldn't you cheer the attempt?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

No, it's a harebrained publicity stunt. A standard demonstration with information booths about Bush's atrocities would have been much more effective.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join