It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000 Try To Serve Citizens Arrest On Bush

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
reply to post by mad scientist

Been to Canada, Jamaica, and the UK. All alright places in their own right, but I wouldn't want to live there. Australia having more freedoms? Are you @#$@#$@ kidding me? Let's review, you just got done banning "terrorist" websites and your gun rights are significantly more restricted. Don't forget water restrictions.

LOL, England, Jamaica and the UK, gee that's seeing the world. I'd get more variety travelling around Australia, lol.

That's right far more freedom than the US. Why is it only Americans think true freedom comes from being able to carry a gun, how stupid. Australian's don't want guns, you'd find that almost everyone is happy that guns are almost illegal. We enjoy being able to walk down the street or go to school without worrying about being blown away.

Take a look at your own laws, LOL. I have lived in both countries and experienced how the law plays a part in daily life. I can honestly say Australian people have more freedom. And being a Westerner in China I had even more than both countries.

Australia is twelve places below America in PPP/capita (you got beat by the UK, ow), plus it's still really gonna suck when all your water's gone.

LOL see once again you have little understanding of the lmitiations of that statistic. Australia's wealth is more evenly distributed where in the US most of the wealth is held by the few. On average Australians make more money than the US. Our minimum wage is far far higher than the US.

PS. Where is our water going ?

[edit on 1-10-2007 by mad scientist]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

so what your saying is to remove the man from office you would rather have a few years of paper work?

Look we want the guy out of office. we want im chared with crimes buuut we don't want to have it done in publice cause.........? uhm yea
" well it was a publicity stunt, couldn't handle taking over OJ or brittany stories " bah

I'd rather see him get arrested in public for what hes done. So every one who sees it happen knows that all americans are not bad. We want it stopped.

It's not a publicity stunt. Its real and its going on now. People are fed up and going to try what ever they can think of to get this man out before he does something we all don't want to happen.

If it is a publicity stunt .... then what is to gain from it? Who is gaining something from it?

we all have our own thoughts and mine is on "woot, it's about time hes been charged"

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

But, with no enforcement, such an "arrest" is meaningless. It's pointless hand waving and everyone knows it. I might as well get Canadian citizenship and then declare war on America, that's how stupid this stunt was.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
isn't that what a citizens arrest is? enforcement by the people?
still why is it a stunt then if people are sticking up for what they believe?

If a citizens arrest didn't have any power people wouldn't be able to make them right?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Under American law, a citizen's arrest may be performed if an individual witnessed a felony or if an individual is directed to detain an individual by a police officer. Actually, what these individuals "did" wasn't even a true citizen's arrest, because a true citizen's arrest would consist of the physical detention of of someone by the citizen until the police took them into custody. These protesters did not do that and could not have even if they wanted to. What they *DID* do was make a ill-advised scene that unfairly portrays the anti-Bush crowd as a bunch of baboons.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'll start off on topic. Like most protests and demonstrations, I strongly doubt this one was meant to actually arrest the President. They know perfectly well that such a thing would be extremely difficult to do, and not actually worth the trouble. Seeing as he's got only a bit more than a year in office its not as if there's much point in arresting him and charging him with this and that.

What does matter is that they put out their opinion. By doing this supposed citizens arrest they got the point across that they feel that President Bush has has committed acts that are illegal. While I don't entirely agree that he's committed war crimes or crimes against humanity, I do feel that Bush has made some orders that were unconstitutional and unlawful. But it doesn't really matter whether or not I think he committed crimes or not, I'm just proud of the fact that there's a thousand people in this country who are perfectly willing to spend an afternoon doing a protest, even though they know that the stated objective is out of their reach. I'd much rather have people who I disagree with but are capable of and willing to protest like this rather than nobody speaking their mind, or simply not being allowed to protest like this.

Now on to a certain member's opinions about America that I'd like to dispute.

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by uberarcanist
reply to post by mad scientist

Been to Canada, Jamaica, and the UK. All alright places in their own right, but I wouldn't want to live there. Australia having more freedoms? Are you @#$@#$@ kidding me? Let's review, you just got done banning "terrorist" websites and your gun rights are significantly more restricted. Don't forget water restrictions.

LOL, England, Jamaica and the UK, gee that's seeing the world. I'd get more variety travelling around Australia, lol.

Actually, uberarcanist said he went to Canada, Jamaica, and the UK. Although England is a major part of the UK, he never actually stated having gone to England. For all we know he actually went to Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. And I doubt you'd actually get more variety from only traveling around Australia. I don't doubt that it's a lovely and diverse place, but it's not a particularly large country when compared to the diversity you'd get from America, Jamaica, Canada and the UK thrown together. Perhaps you should inquire more about uberarcanist's travels before you make your assumptions.

That's right far more freedom than the US. Why is it only Americans think true freedom comes from being able to carry a gun, how stupid. Australian's don't want guns, you'd find that almost everyone is happy that guns are almost illegal. We enjoy being able to walk down the street or go to school without worrying about being blown away.

I must disagree with your notion that a healthy respect of gun ownership makes us stupid. If Australians don't want guns, that's fine with me. Their opinion, their country. However here in America we have a right to our own opinion without being regarded as stupid. Studies have shown that areas that are well armed and allow concealed carry permits tend to have lower crime rates, so us allowing firearms is far from baseless.

Australians may feel safer by not having any guns around. Myself and many Americans feel safer by having the means to defend ourselves in the event that someone does violate gun laws. Seeing as the vast majority of criminals (such as the shooters at Columbine High School and Virginia Tech) tend to use firearms illegally anyhow, many of us feel much safer if we're allowed to defend ourselves from harm.

Take a look at your own laws, LOL. I have lived in both countries and experienced how the law plays a part in daily life. I can honestly say Australian people have more freedom. And being a Westerner in China I had even more than both countries.

Keep in mind that your expirience with American law may be very different from that of many other people simply because the laws that have the most direct effect in this country tend to be state or local laws rather than federal.

Also, being a westerner in China may have been very different than if you were a Chinese person living in China. I'm assuming that you never ran into the internet censorship that the PRC's government is so fond of.

Australia is twelve places below America in PPP/capita (you got beat by the UK, ow), plus it's still really gonna suck when all your water's gone.

LOL see once again you have little understanding of the lmitiations of that statistic. Australia's wealth is more evenly distributed where in the US most of the wealth is held by the few. On average Australians make more money than the US. Our minimum wage is far far higher than the US.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by mad scientist]

Whether or not people agree with it, our system is entirely workable. As it stands, everyone has the ability to become one of the rich with hardwork and brains. Our system isn't perfect, baring some really severe medical disabilities, but it is possible for anyone to work their way up in this country. Not a lot do it, but at least the average American has the oppurtunity to rise above the norm.

Also, your water is going to the place's that water usually goes to. Down your throats, down the sink, down the toilet, and into the ground. But my discussions with a fellow from Melbourne seem to indicate that Australia does indeed have a water supply problem.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
These people are a huge embarrassment.

It's hard to believe that people could be so misinformed and misguided.

Let them try that in Iran or Venezuela or Cuba or N. Korea.

Truly pathetic.

Yes as ALL of the known world now knows, there are no WMD´s in Iraq, and there never was.

IT´S HARD TO BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE COULD BE SO MISINFOMED AND MISGUIDED, to quote Grady. Practically all the U.S believed Bush in the beginging, VERY PATHETIC.

The good people of the U.S, being MISINFOMRED and MISGUIDED by its president who has increased the family fortune by millions if not billions, has had to pay the REAL price, the sacrifice of it´s son´s.

Like Johhny Cash sang "Each week we loose a hundred fine young men"

The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA has been -

1) MISINFORMED
2) MISGUIDED

Yes, it´s a huge embarrasment
Yes, its truly pathetic.

Does´nt it say something in the decleration of independance about the people removing the government when it´s not fit to govern?

[edit on 1-10-2007 by andy1972]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

These people are a huge embarrassment.

It's hard to believe that people could be so misinformed and misguided.

Truly pathetic.
It's your opinion that these people are misguided and misinformed, And you partially justify such opinions by the fact they couldn't get by with freedom and being true active citizens and not slaves in these other nations?

maybe it is you yourself who is misinformed and misguided,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Presidential Oath of office

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

How pathetic and embarrassing. It is instances like this which make america a laughing stock. America is becoming weaker and weaker.

No it's those who follow something blindly and never question it, It's those who see wrongs committed by those on their side but say nothing of such wrongs, It's those who sit back and let the people who hold the the most powerful positions in the free world reign supreme without question, It's those who sit back while the very Constitution which insures the freedom and liberty of all who are protected by it stand by while those sworn to protect it continuously ignor it, It's those who follow party lines and never sway to the side of free thinking, It's those of supposed faith taught to turn the other cheek, yet are very people who are pounding the drums of war the loudest, it's those who forgot what freedom and liberty truly are who have made America a laughing stock.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kespuds3
Interesting. May I ask why aren't you going to school in China, or back in your homeland. Sounds to me like you would be far more happy there, and we certainly don't need to be educating people who think the education they are receiving is so inferior. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Something different to do, I thought about staying in China, but I go back every summer. Your university's are ok, or at least one of the Ivy League onces I am going to. Your High School education sucks, which is why I come across so amny morons. You don't sound too knowledgeable yourself, I bet you can recite sports stats though,

Learn to use spell check before calling other people morons, it might help your case a little bit.

Oh, AUS also doesn't let citizens own guns like the USA--so your argument about, "more freedoms" falls apart there.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
owning a gun does not mean `more freedom` it just means you can

drumroll

own a gun

wooptydo.

to the OP , would have been better if a million people had gone - sheer weight of numbers then - what is security going to do - machine gun them all?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Bah, there's goofballs in every country. Nevertheless, America is so far ahead of every country in just about every category that all the nuts in the world couldn't drag us down!

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Here you are.

China's a glorified third-world country, Australia is running out of water and their standard of living is behind America in just about every measurable category.

We can have crappy schools and still have the best economy on the planet.

We are running out of water, yes. Have you ever seen Australias climate?

Its dry, its really...really...dry.

Its hard for some people to believe how dry our nation is. We do everything we can so everyone can have their share of water and we dont run out.

Australia having more freedoms? Are you @#$@#$@ kidding me? Let's review, you just got done banning "terrorist" websites and your gun rights are significantly more restricted. Don't forget water restrictions.

Actually, we dont have as many freedoms.

We dont have the freedom to kill people and get away with it so damn easily.

We dont have the freedom of being able to avoid reponsibilty.

We have thick skins down here
Want proof? Watch a game of Aussie rules compared to Gritiron.

We arent going to run out. If there is one thing i need to say about Aussie character, we know what has to be done and sacrifice everything to do it.

Water restrictions, Anti terrorism measures, Kokoda track, Gallipoli.

We give all to get what needs to be done.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Where it needs to be.

People dont understand what we say when we tell them we have 'water restrictions'

right now, it means that we arnt allowed to wash our cars between certain times and other nonessentials are restricted.

The govt. also urges us to take shorter showers and use less water in certain ways if we can.

Actually, uberarcanist said he went to Canada, Jamaica, and the UK. Although England is a major part of the UK, he never actually stated having gone to England. For all we know he actually went to Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. And I doubt you'd actually get more variety from only traveling around Australia. I don't doubt that it's a lovely and diverse place, but it's not a particularly large country when compared to the diversity you'd get from America, Jamaica, Canada and the UK thrown together. Perhaps you should inquire more about uberarcanist's travels before you make your assumptions.

Perhaps you could realise that your talking to an Aussie, to an Aussie almost everyone from the UK is a pom. Although, to be nicer he said England.

Dont be so pedantic please.

Whether or not people agree with it, our system is entirely workable. As it stands, everyone has the ability to become one of the rich with hardwork and brains.

Just like Paris Hilton!

You can see that she truly worked her ass off to be where she is.

Our system isn't perfect, baring some really severe medical disabilities, but it is possible for anyone to work their way up in this country. Not a lot do it, but at least the average American has the oppurtunity to rise above the norm.

Why are you assuming the same isnt true in Australia

(Except for the medical, which ive found to be top Notch where i am)

Also, your water is going to the place's that water usually goes to. Down your throats, down the sink, down the toilet, and into the ground. But my discussions with a fellow from Melbourne seem to indicate that Australia does indeed have a water supply problem.

Yes we do, The government is trying to find a solution.

Building a desalinisation plant will make water much more expensive than it is now, but we are the sunburnt country. We know how to deal with harsh weather, we arnt soft

Learn to use spell check before calling other people morons, it might help your case a little bit.

Oh, AUS also doesn't let citizens own guns like the USA--so your argument about, "more freedoms" falls apart there.

Please make sure that arguement falls in the 'sane' category before correcting someones spelling

Bleh, AUS. Its OZ!

Guns are stupid cowardly weapons, that is all.

owning a gun does not mean `more freedom` it just means you can

drumroll

own a gun

wooptydo.

I love your name, i love what you say.

You are my god

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Australia has more freedoms . Rofl!!

Your criminals love that your guns got taken away. !!
www.nraila.org...

[edit on 1-10-2007 by deadjed]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
What if One day this 1,000 Citizens became 100,000? Would they be stopped? would You Join Them? If your not not fed up already to do so, you don't deserve to breathe free air.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Deadjed (appropriate name)

Your link is wrong, it doesnt take into account rising population in Australia.

It also doesnt take into account hightened tensions around the world.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Truly pathetic.

They actually did do this in Venezuela and stopped the US led cou against Chavez, interesting don't you think...

And please tell me what they claim that is misguided. Labeling is easy.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

They are being used, by the far right wing, to advance their own agenda:

Cheney in Charge.

I agree current anger at Bush is being used to escort Hillary into power, then everyone will say Yea, Bush is gone, as the same stuff is roled out by the one corporate party.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This is from 2004, still. wow!
Armed robberies in Australia up 166 % since gun ban.
nslog.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
hmmm, thats valid.

Still, i wont get a gun. Why?

because in Australia if someone sees that you have a gun your either compensating for something, or a criminal, or both.

Also, guns are an easy tool to fight against, ive beaten one while unarmed. Textbook stuff.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Oh man I know I am going to get it for sure on this one. The protest was obviously symbolic for starters. I am American as warm sunny days on the northcoast of Lake Erie. I am not comfortable with 100,000's of thousands of collateral civilian military deaths nor the needless deaths and disembodiment of our own. The abject tear down of a country that had no way of being a 'mushroom cloud' threat. Iran has always been our goal. Iraq is a stepping stone. There has got to be a better way. WTheck, must we kill them all? Got to be a better way. Glad to know some will give a different light on a six year 'war' with no end in sight that did'nt arrive in a multicolored minibus. Go head, lock and load. I know I will be reviled by the Bushies for this.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Secondly the senate passed last year a bill excluding W and his cronies from persecution of war crimes clandestinely. Meaning, it was not reported in main stream media and just recently came to my knowledge. And yes, anon, Hillary will probably get the NWO nod, the most hackable electronic voting machines will get rigged, and they will proceed with their agenda unabaited. I think they are beginning work on the new golf course in S. America the Bushes recently purchased for their getaway. Sorry folks, I'm taking the chip out my head and the ring out my nose. Do what you want.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join