It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok Indigos? Crystals? What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok, first of all, I'm 16 and I've always pondered the "Big" questions, and nobody in my age group really was concious to these questions or cared about them, so instead of getting depressed, I traversed the internet to try and find like-minded people to discuss existentialism.
I remembered ATS because I've always loved this website, so I was poking around the threads and I kept seeing threads with the titles of "Indigo" or "Crystal" children and adults, so I looked into a bit and I found that I have all of these characteristics. so I guess the question I'm asking is, do you really think there are these "Special" people, or is it just people thinking they're special and polluting other people? Or are these people really the next step in human evolution?

Thanks, Slappy Hannigan

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bruceleeroy2
or is it just people thinking they're special ... ?

That's your answer.

I'm nearly 43, and in my youth I fit the criteria for "Indigo" children. ALL adolescents do, it's part of growing up.

Just because someone has an interest in alternative topics, doesn't mean they are "super human." If everyone on the planet liked the same things, it would be pretty boring. Human advancement in the sciences and other areas are because people find different things interesting.

I didn't fit in when i was in school either. I sought paranormal events and studied the "occult." But it doesn't make me special. It just made me a teenager.

My advice: don't buy into this "Indigo" nonsense. it's just a way of feeling superior over other people. The criteria fit just about EVERY kid.

don't waste your energy trying to be better than other people. Just work on bettering yourself. That's the best anyone can do.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I kinda had a feeling I would get that answer, and I think I agree with that, and by no means am I trying to be better than anyone, I learned that lesson a while ago, thanks for the imput.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You're welcome, but I can almost guarantee you'll get some Indigo devotees in this thread in a bit to say how wrong I am.

sounds like you've got your head in the right place, though. Good luck with whatever you do!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I have a teenage step-daughter who I have been with since she was four and she fits perfectly into the category of "indigo kid" if anyone does.

But the reality is she is an "INDIVIDUAL" with her own gifts, talents, shortcomings, peculiarities. She is very "new age" and very much into art, music and esoterica, but yet she has been surrounded by these things all her life.

She was diagnosed of ADHD when she was 3 years old and was on ritalin for a few years so she was allowed to go to school, until we sent her to a Steiner (Waldorf) school were her behavioral problems were corrected thru better managment. She is now back in the public system and is doing ok, but she is not excelling in any one field. She is an average student. Not to say she is an average person.

By rights I would have been called an "Indigo" when I was a child as well because I still fit into that criteria.

I guess my point is you should treat each person as an INDIVIDUAL opposed to branding them with a silly new age Label.

Cheerz
Murray

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Indigo or Crystal.......
.....either way it's a myth with origins eminating from the New Age movement.
There are many websites packed full of fairy tales of Indigo & Crystal children born with fictional gifts.
If this fable is true then I would qualify as one. Believe me I'm not!
To my mindset this is the most pointless subject that rears its head on these forums.
~~~~~
~~~~~

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

Originally posted by Bruceleeroy2
or is it just people thinking they're special ... ?

That's your answer.

I'm nearly 43, and in my youth I fit the criteria for "Indigo" children. ALL adolescents do, it's part of growing up.

Just because someone has an interest in alternative topics, doesn't mean they are "super human." If everyone on the planet liked the same things, it would be pretty boring. Human advancement in the sciences and other areas are because people find different things interesting.

I didn't fit in when i was in school either. I sought paranormal events and studied the "occult." But it doesn't make me special. It just made me a teenager.

My advice: don't buy into this "Indigo" nonsense. it's just a way of feeling superior over other people. The criteria fit just about EVERY kid.

don't waste your energy trying to be better than other people. Just work on bettering yourself. That's the best anyone can do.

I have never heard somebody speak the truth so well. I am 15 and meet the criteria too, and i so not see myslef as an indigo.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hi there, welcome to ATS, let me start by saying read this thread.
I only recently learned about this and believe you me its real. Saying that, I would also say listen to Majormalfunction, he speaks truth and logic and if its just the criteria you fit then I don't believe you are Indigo or a Crystal child.
The reason I believe I am one is because I know in my heart I'm here for something and I know I'm different. It's too hard to explain but if you feel like it, you will know what I mean. Don't be discoaraged though but I do urge you to listen to absolutely everyone on here. As you're only young, it could just be that you want to be different so really think about it. I am in my twenties and had nothing to gain from my claims apart from abuse, critisism and information. So listen to us all and do some research and if you want U2U me for more info as I have now a fair understanding and also friends on here who understand aswell.

Hope you find what you're looking for

Omen

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

LOL I love your input, as I believe there are people on here that are just saying this to get attention.

I don't think you're wrong, I believe alot of what you say, but I still believe I am Indigo.

Keep up the good work!

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bruceleeroy2

Hi Bruceleeroy,

You are so very young and you will have a long way to go before you find yourself comfortable in your own skin! All I can say my friend, and I think this is pretty much in line with Majormalfunction - never try and put yourself in a box. We are all different. Some of us travel through life following the flock, some of us stop and question and even disagree with the rest of the flock. If you want to put a label on yourself - thats fine! But we ARE all individuals and don't deserve being lumped in a type of category, because even inside that category - we are vastly different!!

Some of us have amazing spiritual experiences and gifts, some of us just feel a little out of place on this planet and wonder just what it is that we are meant to do here. Some of us find our greatest gift is our relationship with others and how meaningful that can be - never underestimate how valuable your company can be to another person.

I seem to fit what is labeled as an Indigo too, although the term makes me cringe. I don't like labels!

Research what it is that you want to research, find friends that you feel comfortable with, live your life YOUR WAY! But remember, we still have to survive within the current system - don't try to make life any harder on yourself than it has to be.

Thats my two cents worth!!

All the best

Dobbie

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglosaxon
Indigo or Crystal.......
.....either way it's a myth with origins eminating from the New Age movement.
There are many websites packed full of fairy tales of Indigo & Crystal children born with fictional gifts.
If this fable is true then I would qualify as one. Believe me I'm not!
To my mindset this is the most pointless subject that rears its head on these forums.
~~~~~
~~~~~

In summary, it's basically a load of nonsense.

top topics

join