It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Crime Unit To Carry Submachine Guns On Central Fla. Streets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Anti-Crime Unit To Carry Submachine Guns On Central Fla. Streets

www.local6.com

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Members of the Orange County anti-crime unit will carry automatic submachine guns to combat heavily armed criminals roaming Central Florida streets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I absolutely love the weapon they have chosen.

It does bother me that American cops are going to start patrolling the streets with assault rifles and machine guns.

The police state is here and here to stay it seems.

www.local6.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well, it sounds like good action to me, as long as they don't harm any of legit citizens. Not too sure. They have to fight the crime, what can you do? You wouldn't want florida to be filled with large amount of gangs, like "crips and bloods", that who they attempt to harm innocent children, people and to get them to join gangs and such?

I don't see how it supports the police state though, that when they're attempting to fight the crime...

[edit on 29-9-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I cant believe people dont see the danger in having these unstable cops using automatic weapons. They use their tazors every chance they get for fun... and there is no way to bring it to attention unless someone shoots it with a video camera by accident.

Wow. Just wow.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I cant believe people dont see the danger in having these unstable cops using automatic weapons. They use their tazors every chance they get for fun... and there is no way to bring it to attention unless someone shoots it with a video camera by accident.

Wow. Just wow.

I see the danger you speak of, but remember the shoot out in LA a few years back when the cops were Way out gunned.

I don't have a problem with cops having extra firepower like this in there truck, but to see American cops on the street with submachine guns makes me Real nervous.

This how Soviet and Nazi Germany patrolled there streets.

This is however the time of the approaching police state, or is that already occurring.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Why would it make you nervous, though? Why, are you a criminal by any chance? Lol, just don't be nervous dude, it's probably nothing.

I mean, it doesn't mention anything about shooting non-criminal dissidents, protesters, and such, right?

Perhaps there has been a high crime recently in that area and that's why they're trying to take an action...

I'm sure the anti-crime unit will take their leave if crime sleeps down.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

So how many times have you been busted for getting "hi"?

Cops should drive M1A1's in FLA.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
no I'm not a criminal. Its just another attempt at making our police more militant. They police a civilian population.

Should they also were camouflage and helmets. And parade goose stepping down main street, this would really make me nervous.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I used to live in Orlando and the area they're going to be using the guns in (South Orange Blossom Trail) is a bad area of town.

Downtown Orlando is different altogether. There you see cops on bikes and on horses. It's more of a nightlife kind of area and is mostly busy with foot traffic.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
...but remember the shoot out in LA a few years back when the cops were Way out gunned.

That's why they've got SWAT teams and the such... not your average Joe walking the beat.

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Its just another attempt at making our police more militant. They police a civilian population.

ding ding ding!!!

People should open their eyes. This definitely isn't a good deal.

top topics

join