It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
A Post recently brought back a memory of something that happened to me a while ago and then I forgot. What had happened was that at some time a few months ago, I had awaken about some time in the Late afternoon (3-5 PM, can't remember which). I remember it was around 42 on the minutes part of the clock. It was digital, so I couldn't have mistaken it like with an old clock. Tired and so early, I returned to sleep. I was sick with a horrible flu virus (inoculations do nothing) and So I woke up with pains a few minutes later. Thinking I must have slept for a while , I looked at the clock again. IT WAS 34 NOW, RATHER THEN 42ish! My heart paused for a moment, knowing something was wrong. Thinking maybe I was pushing the alarm earlier, and that was the alarm, I checked, it wasn't set to 42 minutes. I jumped out of bed. Thinking I had gone outside of time, I ran downstairs thinking to see something from the past (or future?) Everything was normal. I still cannot explain it. It's also happened a few times other then that, including recently at the morning. I also remember something similar happening when I was in High School years ago. I fell asleep in class
and it felt like I slept an hour. I woke up plenty awake, fully refreshed, and feeling nice. 5 minutes had passed by

So, has this happened to anyone else?

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Gorman91]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The first explanation I thought of is a bit mundane. In the past I've changed the time on my clock because I pressed every button trying to snooze it. If you hold down the time and minute buttons does it scroll through the numbers? I had an old clock that wouldn't do that, it was a pain to press the button each time, but if your clock is like that then my explanation would seem unlikely. You could have also been mistaken when you saw the 42, was it a groggy look or did you wake up?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I was thinking along the same lines. Are you sure it wasn't, say, 3.42 when you first saw it and then 4.34 when you next saw it?

I would say there IS a mundane explanation for this rather than you travelling through some time slip.

You DO say you awoke "after a few minutes" thinking you had "slept for a long time"

So it's possible that you slept longer than you thought. Or didn't think.

EDIT: to add content

[edit on 29-9-2007 by geek101]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
same thing happened to me once. but while i was thinking that i did some sort of time travel i forgot to check the date. it turned out that i was asleep for almost 24 hours

so...did you check the date?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ellroy, geek101, and parabol

I checked the date, same day.

Yes, sometimes pressing the snooze on my clock sets the hour ahead. But only the hour, and never backwards.

I know what hour it was. At the time when I was young, I was waiting for dinner to be made. My mom said "15 more minutes", and so when I went down to see what was going on and if I had time traveled, it was like she never said it and dinner was still being made. I ended up waiting another 30 minutes or so.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I totally know what you mean.

It occurred while I was reading a book, (FYI I read kind of slow, but I do that to remember everything that I read, for a good long time. I also am distracted easily. So a page of a normal paper back book can take me 3 minutes or so to complete) and at one point, I look at the clock. I read twelve pages, and I feel like at least 45 minutes have past. But then I look at the clock. Only like, 15 minutes passed. I rubbed my eyes and said "There is no way that is real..." but there was.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It's weird cos what the OP said happened to him, actually happened to me this morning.
I woke up, and thought i had overslept, cos i looked at the clock and it said 7.35am. Went back to sleep anyway and then i woke up again and it was 5.30am. (5.30am being the time i normally wake up)
Still dont think there is anything "paranormal" about this, but thought it amusing that after telling the OP he had just read the time wrong, the same damn thing happens to me

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I don't think I've done that but I know sometimes when I first wake up I have to focus my eyes for a few minutes when looking at a clock. The only thing I can think of is that you were maybe hallucinating or something as you said you were really sick.

new topics

top topics

join