It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you read this? This is AMAZING.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
i read it... didn't need to make it go blurry or anything special like that, just read it through. guess i must be a weird one.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by section8citizen

Its interesting,and i have had some good replies explaining different things like this.

Can you explain how your brain can interpret suftf lkie tihs?

No i didnt think so, but thats what i wanted to know so i thought the great minds of ats members could shine some light onto it for me, yes i know its been posted all over the place, alot of people dont use myspace or anything like that so i thought id post it on here.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Think you read what we said wrong my respected foe, we said we make our minds go blurry, suppose its better described as speed reading.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EJHoover

I remember an example of subliminal advertising... ...was the beef extract OXO. The packaging was designed so that when the boxes were on the supermarket shelves the words formed an OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO shape. This, according to my Father, formed a 'wall of subliminal eyes shapes' that forced you through some primeval protection mechinism to look at the eyes of a potential predator.

wouldn't they call it WI then? WIWIWIWI After all I don't look at the eyes as much as the teath

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by markjaxson

ok... not even my mind went blurry. it was just like reading a book for me.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
Are you kidding me?? When did we start posting MySpace bulletins that have been getting posted for years?

I, personally , found this interesting and had not seen it before, though I was aware of the phenomenon.

Not all of us are senior citizens who have time to sit at the 'puter trolling through endless mire to get to something interesting, so thanks and appreciation should go to the OP for highlighting this.

Any complainers should be mindful that they might not be perfect and that the world is bigger than just them....there are so many things out there that it takes too long as an individual to find them, and as another poster said, some of us don't go to myspace (or facebook, or ebay or trademe or youtube or whatever...geez
).

It's easy to complain. It takes a lot more effort to be constructive, but it can be so much more rewarding. Try it, you might like it.

I think this has implications that are only just being picked up (considering it has been on myspace for years and I have only just seen it!)>

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I could read it fine. Take that 45/100 people!

When I got to the "aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy" part though, I stumbled purely because it doesn't make sense in English anyway. First of all, it should translate to either "according to research at Cambridge University" OR "according to a researcher at Cambridge University." Last time I checked research(er) only had one "c" and one "h" in it, so that part doesn't really follow the theory. Oh well, that's just me being pedantic.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
We went over this excercise in my high school gifted class, among a bunch of other brain info.

Every healthy(sound mind) english reading person can read that. Only the first and last letters are in place, which the eyes latch onto, perceiving the picture(letter symbols) and associating sounds and information to the symbol, it becomes difficult when the first and last letters are jumbled, depriving the eye of a familar shape to recognize, forcing other areas of the mind to process the info, resulting in a slower reading time, as more energy is being expended on the paragraph which has now become a puzzle.

It's similar to how the mind can perceive faces in things where there are none. Differing mental association resulting in a new end product, assumption or assertion. Brains are cool!

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have never seen this before either, and I do have a myspace account...how did I miss this one?

Very, Very interseting. I did run into a small problem however. I sent this to my fiance via email and it shorted out my spell checker.

My fiance may never see it now!

Dorian Soran

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I could only understand it when I read it fast.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
As Elmer Fudd would say, "Vewy intewesting."

I knew we were all idiots, but it turns out that we are all idiot savants as well. I hadn't seen this before. Thanks to the OP for posting it.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
At the age of 44 today(it really is related to growing old, but to how long you have lived in corporeal form), I can still read without any problem those words without hesitation.

My brain can make sense out of things that doesn't make sense to others. I can understand what people with speech difficulties are speaking when others the words are jumbled and meaningless. I can understand every word.

The human mind is a wonderful thing and it is important to exercise it no matter the length of time you have been on Earth.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well...I don't think only 55 out of 100 literate adults could read that....if they are well educated and/or have a decent vocabulary then all 100 wouldn't have a problem reading that. However it does make an interesting point about how the human mind works.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There are some similar tests used in some schools in the UK; I'm sure it was for autism or dyslexia if memory serves correctly, like those coloured number pictures or the coloured words in a different colour (like you had a red coloured "yellow" and had to say yellow or whichever way it was).

Perfectly legible to me and I read it slightly faster than usual which was quite odd.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i can read it that wasnt that bad

i am uesd to teshe tpyes of wrting cusae i hlep poeple who slpel lkie tihs

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I could actually read it beter if I 'scanned' it faster. I could read it easily, but usually at ATS the 'content' is important, and sometimes in people's haste they are not clear. So once I read the first sentence, I could understand it better if I tracked my eyes faster than slow.

I would like to know if there is 'real' research about this. It smees erveonye I hvae telakd to can esaliy raed it. I wonder if part if is the fact that the text that you are reading usually tells you that are reading jumbled text. It include the key to the cipher, right? Plus only words of four letters or larger get jumbled. So all the "Ifs, Ands and Buts" stay the same, which helps the viewer discern some meaning.

I imagine some of you might understand me if I said:

"I smurfed itno Avobe Top Smurf and smurfed a smurf taht smurfed a smurf aoubt smurfing smurf and sitll bineg smurfable."

DocMoreau

While this is something I get on myspace all the time, I have never had a discussion about the 'phenomena'... Nice Thread!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It's Esay - You Jsut need to look at the frist and lsat ltteers to mkae snese of it.

I raed it ftaesr tahn i raed nrmralloy.

As For Why - i assmue it has smeothnig to do wtih how the hmuan mnid emaxies the wirtetn laagunge; lkie a mocrichip.

Remember, computer processers cannot even begin to match the speed of which the sunbconcious mind operates - why do you think you lose most of your body heat through your head?

E:

AS for why someone might not be able to do it... it's a tricky one, perhaps they've simply become too detached from the subconcious mind to coherently communicate between both parts of the mind - the subconcious no longer has any say it what goes on in coherent thought.

It's likely someone has done some research into this at some point - keep looking, you'll probably find something eventually.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Is there anyone here that is classed as dyslexic? We could get 10 people to try it and see if they can read it and how long it takes (say get one sentence and time themselves).

I asked a friend who's dyslexic and they took quite a while to read it properly (the first post).

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I can read it too, in fact it was super easy to read and I breezed right through it. It's a bit shocking though that only 55 people in 100 can read it? I guess I'm one of the weirdo's that can
The human mind is amazing, just think of what we could do if we actually tapped into our entire mind/brain functions

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
You could choose to be braindead?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join