It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you read this? This is AMAZING.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Heres a little something for you to read, first time i saw this i thought what the hell is that, but i started speed reading it and i could read it right through the first time. Here it is.

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Was you able to read this without thinking about it? Its amazing what the human mind can do, i dont agree with the strange mind part because i think everyone should be able to read it without a problem, or am i wrong? Is there anyone out there that cannot understand this?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Is that true that only 55 out of 100 people can? This is quite a few years old and it seemed that 100% of people can read it.. im more curious of the people who can't read it, than the people who can.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
yeah really. i read it without a hitch....its a fun thing to do though and points out the oddities of our brain and eyes.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Chiiru]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
why is this a thread??????????????????????? It is something I get on myspace.........a few times a week

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Timmyboi23

because not all of the people on ATS have myspace, and thus might have never heard about this.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Thee 55 out of 100 thing is not true. I've looked it up. Everyone should be able to read it because as long as the first and last letters of the words are in the right place, your brain automatically unscrambles everything.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I could read it, but it was slower than my usual reading pace. I had to kind of make my mind go "blurry" to do it. The patterns of the words were off so it had a minute effect on how fast I could read them.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
seen this a while back.. im suprised at the stat. though.. only 55 out of 100?.. you sure about that?.. if so... thats sad.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is the basic foundation how subliminal advertising works. The mind can unscramble and find hidden imagry in the most subtle of cues; not just text but all sorts of graphics, film and stills.

Makes you wonder what kind of mind control the elite have at their disposal, doesn't it.

This information has been around since the 60s.

Check out "The Clam Plate Orgy" for some enlightening stuff.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Exactly, i had to sort of blur my mind whilst reading it, its sort of the same thing you do when your playing a computer game, you dont actually concentrate on pressing the buttons etc, you just do it without thinking, if that makes any sense?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timmyboi23
why is this a thread??????????????????????? It is something I get on myspace.........a few times a week

Its a thread because its interesting and i want to know if anyone has a problem with reading it also some people might have some good explanations on how the human mind can unscramble.

And as the other poster said not everyone uses homosexual sites like "myspace". Do you have to use so many question marks and full stops?

One of each would suffice or are you just trying to make your pointless unintelligible one line response look like its a two line response?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The 45% who can't read it can't read English, so actually the "55 out of a 100" is probably right.

BTW, I can remove the cap off of a bottle of Jack Daniels with just my mind.

Peace

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
The 45% who can't read it can't read English, so actually the "55 out of a 100" is probably right.

BTW, I can remove the cap off of a bottle of Jack Daniels with just my mind.

Peace

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Dr Love]

Dude you need to teach me how to do that

(sorry for ot)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

It's not something one can teach, it's a gift given at birth.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I agree. I think everyone can read that without problems. Its very normal in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by markjaxson

Yep pretty much a breeze. This is why symbolism carries so much meaning. Something in our minds are able to connect the perverbial dots. Also probably the majority of the people in the US are now beginning to see the big picture- again like those 'hidden pictures' within pictures, the figure just 'appears' to grow away from the main context. the human mind is far more perseptive and powerful than we are yet able to comprehend and thus use efficiently and effectively.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Autistic children fail one of the test for autistic children is a paragraph where certain words like it are used twice. Autistic kids see it, forget why.

The real thing here is to know how much the subliminal effect us. There is something you can try, while relaxing, try and put a suggestion in your mind that will fire off when you detect a subliminal on certain topics. Make the suggestion just a trigger to bring it to the front of your mind. Then never go to shopping malls again, it is amazing...

You can also put your mind in a box, imagine all of you, all of who you are, is in a protected box, many layers, each one blocking an input, each layer a protection or an alarm. Of coarse this gets into splitting the core, and MK Ultra, but can be valuable protection in drugged hypnosis environment.

The banners that run under CNN news cast can be used for subliminal if they want also, just run stories that are bad when you want to paint a person as bad or incredible.

Its good to learn the basics, things that make you more suggestible. The article in my sig. mentions that people in power noticed by acting powerful others would believe it, this is subliminal. Also treating us like children will make us act like children.

Just an idea.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I am not sure that this is a strictly subliminal thing but it shows how good the brain is at coming to a conclusion with only partial evidence - a lesson to us all

Seriously, a similar effect is seen with sound as studies show that the brain is really good at filtering out background noise or interferance to hear a sound. This is why, despite all the technology sonar aboard submarines still ultimately rely on the human ear.

I remember an example of subliminal advertising that my Father told me about when I was small (so you can see what a good source this is
) was the beef extract OXO (not sure if you get in in the states). The packaging was designed so that when the boxes were on the supermarket shelves the words formed an OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO shape. This, according to my Father, formed a 'wall of subliminal eyes shapes' that forced you through some primeval protection mechinism to look at the eyes of a potential predator.

I wish my Dad was here so that you guys could tell him he was nuts..

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Are you kidding me?? When did we start posting MySpace bulletins that have been getting posted for years?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I can read this, There are postings like this I can't read. I think it depends on the individual and how their mind processes information.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join