It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Security Guards Beat Teen over Cake Spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

School Security Guards Beat Teen over Cake Spill

www.myfoxla.com

Palmdale -- It all started with a piece of birthday cake, but it ended up with a high school girl being beaten and expelled. The incident, which occurred last week at Knight High School in Palmdale, was caught on a cell phone camera. Michael Brownlee was live in Palmdale with what the girl and her mother plan to do now.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Cops,security,something is seriously wrong with law enforcement nowdays.This is just another example.

The video is also located here

www.myfoxla.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

mod edit, removed bad link which was a dup to the link already posted

[edit on 29-9-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
wow, what the heck?

The girl, her mother, the guy who took the video, and his sister were all arrested? Please post more details as they are found, this is unbelievable.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hmmm. It certainly sounds terrible from the girl and her mother's point of view.

But I don't like stories when you only have half the picture, if that. The cell phone video didn't show what happened before the girl was put on the table.

A few things have my wind up:

1) Why arrest the mother for battery because she asked for the guard to be arrested? That doesn't make sense unless she did something herself.

2) Why arrest the kid with the cellphone and her brother?

Something doesn't add up here. While it's entirely possible the guard was some kind of insane white supremacist, I'm not buying it with so little information.

People overreact all the time, even (perhaps especially) people who work in security. But to have these actions on a mom and her daughter for literally nothing ... I smell a rat. I wonder what went on before the video was shot, and what some of the other information is, such as why the girl was in trouble two weeks before.

Maybe they'll get some more answers so that this can be properly weighed.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yeah MM.... I pretty much agree.

I always say two sides to every story and this story is showing only one side of the story.

If that reporter would have shut up, we might have been able to hear more of what the girl had to say, I couldn't catch it all.

We'll never get the truth, no body knows if the girl gave any attitude when first asked to clean the cake up or even the second time she was asked. It could have been her actions, facial expressions, or even something she said.

That being said, she didn't deserve to have her arm twisted and to be handcuffed....

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

I agree one side of the story is not enough and without seeing more it is hard to tell who is telling the truth here. Frankly I think the mother and daughter are making it out to be worse then it actually was.

Now before anyone jumps on me you have to see they have rallied protesters to protest for them and now claim it was two students not one which starts to make it smell fishy

Palmdale -- A walkout is planned for this morning by some students at Knight High School in Palmdale. They are protesting what they call an "unprovoked assault" on two students by a security guard. Source

[edit on 9/28/2007 by shots]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Talk to the hand finger in the face waving na na. Theres way more to it than whats on the video. I doubt the kid got a beating and ma jumped in with more head bobbling, talk to the hand and finger waving than the cops could handle. Than ma gets cut from her school job after the arrest. Something must be up with the kid and ma that put em where there at now.

Just the security being there in the first place tells me its a troubled school with students ready and waiting to set it off. High school kids are not little angels learning education anymore. Its about attitude, bravado, daring and craziness in front of friends.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Without more video or audio, it's he said she said, plain and simple.

Witness credibility will be huge in this case.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I agree. This story reeks of B.S. They arrested her and expelled her for dropping cake? How many of you are actually forcing yourself to believe this nonsense just to make yourself feel like everything is a conspiracy?

When the girl was being interviewed, her eyes were rolling all over the place -- a typical sign that she is lying. Her mother saw an opportunity here to pull what I like to call a "Johnny Cochran". Hopefully a jury wouldn't award these people any money. But I don't have much faith in the American justice system after seeing the O.J. trial. :shk:

This woman must have already been advised by an attorney. The attorney is probably the one that told her to say that the security guard called her "Nappy head" for effect, automatically triggering a reaction from people that remember the Imus incident, where he called them "Nappy headed Hos."

I especially love that arm sling she's wearing. Nice effect.
I'm sure Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will be crawling all over the media.

LOL, I never use BTS. But I just thought of this:

Richard Pryor: Before & After

[edit on 9/28/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I agree this reeks, but I think the smell is Racism.

Also as for arresting the student that filmed this I thought intimidating wittinesses is illegal. On what grounds did they arrest the student filming?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Nothing I've seen so far shows why the persom who filmed was arrested. Maybe the officers gave them orders to back up, move etc. Who knows.

I don't see any racism, I see a one sided story at the moment.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
I agree. This story reeks of B.S. They arrested her and expelled her for dropping cake? How many of you are actually forcing yourself to believe this nonsense just to make yourself feel like everything is a conspiracy?

i dont think anyone mentioned starting a witchhunt. I always find these comments ironic. "This story reeks of BS." So instead of taking this critical stance you seem to be implying... you go the opposite direction, and discredit it all?

How many of you are actually forcing yourself to believe this is nonsense just to make yourself feel better?

If this is what you consider a conspiracy, than I'll just say right now, we have totally different concepts.

apc

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Confecticide! Give her the chair!!

I've had an idea come out of the land of tin foil... are police and security forces receiving any vaccinations that the general public is not? Their reported behavior lately seems quite irrational regardless of omitted factors. Reminds me of the mental issues some troops deployed to Iraq are experiencing as a result of vaccination side-effects.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

What could the girl have done wrong to warrant that amount of treatment? Your response is appalling to me.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
We don't know what happened before the video. She could have spit in the guard's face. She could have brandished a knife. Who knows?

Her arm shouldn't have been broken, but things like that do happen when tensions run high, quite accidentally.

She was in trouble a couple of weeks before, who knows what for and if the guard's reaction was justified?

We'll have to see what the investigation comes up with.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The other thread on this was closed, so I am reposting my post.

Anyone notice that civilains are becoming more moronic? I've read moronic posts, not just on here but other forums as well, where people will yell at an officer on a car stop, say they have their children target practice where the target resembles a police officer and ask if police officers have had some type of injection.
Did it even register that some of todays youth have no respect? Parents don't always parent their children smartly and not all police offcers are bad. There's bad apples in EVERY profession and it also includes civilians.
Get a ticket for speeding and the speeder complains that the officer should be out arresting bad guys. You're just pissed you got caught speeding. You broke the law, accept the outcome of it. For every action there is a reaction.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The police have already stated why they did what they did and what the security guards told them. The kid dropped some cake. She was told to pick it up three times and apparently the guard was not satisfied with how the job was done. The girl tried to leave the area to go to class so the guard tackled her and arrested her for littering. The police said that the guard told them he had to hand cuff the girl because he “felt threatened” by her but does not say why. In the process of pushing her to the table and handcuffing the girl the guard breaks her wrist. The mom comes to the school in a rage because her daughter’s wrist was broken for dropping a piece of cake and pushes the principle and the security guard and so she gets arrested for battery. The two other students that were arrested who were videotaping the incident were arrested for “interfering with an arrest.” Both of those students were also tackled by the same security guard and have injuries.

There was no spitting, there was no knife, there isn’t even reference to cursing at the security guard. The girl was charged with resisting his arrest but the video does not show any resistance.

IMO, All of these charges are bogus. They are meant to install fear. None of these charges will stick because there is no way you are going to find 12 jurors to convict. This school district is going to get hammered with lawsuits.

If anyone wants to get the police reports to dispute any of this information they should be available to the public.

www.dailynews.com...

apc

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
As it is an open investigation reports should yet not be available to the public. Press may or may not have access.

I agree completely though. I hope that pile of turkey bacon gets reamed so bad it helps fight world hunger.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I remember that when I was in high school, if we accidently dropped or spilled something in the cafeteria, we weren't made to clean it up. Usually a janitor would take care of it, or a lot of times we would clean it up by our choice.

So, I just don't understand why the girl spilling the cake was such a big deal in the first place. Especially to the point where he wanted her to pick up every single crumb?

Is this a bad area/neighborhood where this happened? Is it possible that many of the students in this school act up so often that the security guards are quick to think that every student is a criminal?

new topics

top topics

join