It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

copters being able to soar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I have never seen anything like this before. I hear blade going, but don't see them going.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Sistinas]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They say its resonant frequency, I dont buy that at all. My guess is CGI, event at a resonate frequency I believe you would still get some kind of blur of the blades themselves unless they are using one hell of a advanced camera.

[edit on 28/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Im pretty sure we have talked about that one before and Its my firm belief that it is bogus.

1) the chopter simply cannot stay up without its main rotors turning. Without that its a brick.

2) Even with the main rotors feathered they would still move way more than that.

3) the chopter sound we usualy assosiate with rotary wing craft is due in large part tot he interaction of air between the tail rotor and the main rotor.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The video must be edited. You can hear the sound of the rotors in the background, and I dont think the tail rotor would make that sound alone. Im not certain though, and Im not a expert..

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Fred, you amaze me. I thought you would tell immediately what was causing that effect, and it isn't fake. Neither is the Hind 'gliding'. The clue is in the fact that that you *can* hear the sound of the main and tail rotors interacting, it is an effect I have seen many times, a good example is how the wheels on a stagecoach appear to be going backwards on many an old Western movie, nothing sinister at all. Just a combination of the speed of rotation and the speed of the camera being almost perfectly in synch, note also the tail rotor which rotates at a different speed appears to be moving slowly, same effect. If the first image is taken and the next one taken exactly as the rotor completes a revolution, and the next, and the next etc then the rotor will look static on the video. If the camera speed is slightly higher and the rotor hasn't quite completed a revolution then it will appear to be going backwards. A simple optical illusion.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by waynos]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.....

Is it so difficult to grasp this????

The shutter time off the Camera is accidentaly the same ass the RPM that those rotor blades.......

Come on close this thread, this is already been addressed and debunked HARD!!!!!!

[lock]LOCK[/lock]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ongoing discussion...

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join