It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What survival scenario are you convinced WILL happen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What survival scenario are you convinced is absolutely going to happen in your lifetime, and what will you do?

Here's mine:

I am convinced this War on Terror will become a Worldwide War, bigger than those calling it "World War III" can even imagine. I believe it will affect every country.

I'm not sure I believe it will result in any kind of nuclear exchange, but I believe Al Qaeda will succeed in getting nuke into the US--maybe more than one.

For those cities not destroyed by Al Qaeda, I believe life in the United States will become radically different. The US will cease to be a world power, and may break up into several smaller countries. I believe in that day almost all able-bodied people will have to be proficient with weapons and in order to survive we will have to form small communes capable of sustaining themselves.

I believe the US government will attempt to restore order, but will fail because the country will have become too compartmentalized. People will become loyal to whatever they think will help them survive, not some "pie in the sky" government or consititution.

I believe that in this scenario, Russia and China will become the new world powers. Either or both may try to invade and conquer the Middle East to get the oil, resulting in a huge nuclear war with both countries devastated.

Europe will probably get dragged into this as well. The US, broken up into several countries, will be irrelevant.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think your spot on with most of it, since the Bible says the same thing. The only modification I would add is that somehow Israel will be the focus of China/Russia attack. Probably due to Arab demands related to their energy resources. This situation already exists, just remove US from equation.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Not trying to be jerk here but am I the only one who finds it odd that all the destruction talk is about one of the most stable country on this planet?

In the OP there is talk of Russia. Well they had there chance it didn't work were still here. China was also mentioned. Sure its a up and comer but have you looked at the complete lack of human rights over there. how long do you think that is going to last.

My point is this. The United states is not the only bad guy out there. there are other country's in this world who are very unstable they as well as us need to be given in examples and post too.

Now to answer the OP
I strongly believe that There will be a major hit on the power grid blacking out the whole country and most of Canada and Mexico too. As to what that hit will be it will probably be DIY non nuclear EMP bombs. How ever it could be as simple and low tech as dynamite used on strategic power poles and or sub stations.

i also believe that there will be a major new disease outbreak that will claim a lot more lives the plague and Spanish flue put together. I don't believe it will have any thing to do with birds. The bird flue is a dead horse that needs to quite getting beat.

Now for the bigger. I believe that the weather will keep getting worse and we will see hurricanes and tornados bigger and longer lasting and more destructive then has ever been seen before. Winters will get shorter and more brutal summers will get longer and hotter. crops will suffer, and so will our food animal stock. This will be a world problem not a country problem. War with other country's will probably not happen because if there is no food to feed an army that army sits. however I believe on a local level there will be fighting over what food scraps are left. successful farmers will be heroes but they will have to hire armed guards to guard what small food stock they are growing.

Billions will die world wide. it wont be pretty boys and girls. I may be wrong thow I often am.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I have faith in the aliens preventing a global war. It will be interesting to see if im right. Maybe they will step in and help us. Maybe transport Bush and the others onto some other planet where they can continue fighting eachother, while the rest of us pick up the tools and start using technology to improve the planet instead of destroying it.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If we are faced with a survival situation here in the U.S. I think it would have to be along the lines of what happened in Argentina.

You can read it about here by a guy that lived through it and blogged it.

www.buildanark.net...

Pretty much a slow slide into higher poverty, more crime, needing to bribe police to go about your daily life.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Snap]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
What kind of survival scenario will I think happen? Zombie attack- plain and simple
I don't know if there will ever be a real need to take up arms in my own house, not for a few years at least.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Snap

Your link should be memorized and read several times by those who wonder what it might be like. Survival isn't just hiding and shooting at the bad guys, as if you could pick out the bad guys anyway.

Survival is a long hard struggle, where being tired and hungry and sick are the the norm. Survival is a day by day event, trying to outlast the hard times. Ask those who lived through the Great Depression.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I kinda lean towards AngryAmerican's view on troubled times.
With changes in world weather, dangerous viruses, and a porous border there are several ways for disaster to occur. Yay for NAFTA.. blek.
This is what motivates me to read each and every single day. It's not an IF but rather a WHEN.

Jules

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Psunamis are very devestating as we have all seen. There is a volcano that has a fult running through the middle of it, it's not a question of if, but when that volcano erupts and splits in two sending hundredes of thousands of pounds of earth into the ocean and sending a psunami to the eastern seaboard. It will destroy much of the USA. This will happen we just dont know when. The earth will also be struck by a large meteor again as it has in the past. We cant sit by waiting for these things to happen, but must be aware that they will.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by angryamerican

Billions will die world wide. it wont be pretty boys and girls.

i have to agree with this
seeing as one of the main goals of the NWO is depopulation

right now,
i think it's a toss-up between nukes in the middle east
which may bring in russia or china

or the CDO's and derivitives mess that could be exploding soon

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
That something will happen to disrupt the supply lines in America, such as an EMP burst. When water/food is no longer available, all hell will break loose.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Yes indeed, if the supply lines were cut to the grocery stores for a few days, all hell would break loose, I agree. I know I would be eatin me some rice for a while. Scary how fragile it all is.

I think most people live in denial of anything like that happening. Their comfortable worlds have been uninterrupted by anything more serious than a power outage that keeps them off their comps. And yes, I am right there with them.

Great topics.
Peace...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think it will be a slow slide toward Martial Law, at least for a while. I agree that everyone on ATS needs to read the link that Snap provided.

I also think it is not inconceivable that the government will ultimately try to hurry this along in some fashion. All signs point toward consolidation of power. Although I really don't understand what this will gain.

I think that Martial Law will have to be something that the populace welcomes thusly limiting any resistance. I think the one thing that would accomplish full cooperation is something so hideous and uncontrolable that citizens will look to the authorities for defense and relief. I think this means biological warfare. Either a "terrorist attack" with a biological weapon or a contrived "outbreak"

Also, as a former resident of a hurricane zone and a current resident of a drought stricken zone, I am acutely aware that chaos is only 5 to 7 days away. Civilization is only as strong as our supply chain and natural resources. It is simple warfare strategy to cut the supply lines.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think the John Titor WWIII scenerio is pretty close to whats currently unraveling in the world right now.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
What I can see coming right now is that Oil and consequently fuel and food will continue to increase in price.

At some point, imported food and goods will be too expensive for the normal masses and locally grown food will become very popular; at least, as long as it lasts. Self grown food will become an important addition, but will not bring a large scale solution.

Then the common people will become dependant on food relief, provided by UNO. City by city, village by village. At this point, we might have to expect riots, looting, mass migrations and violent crime as people search/fight for food.

An exodus out of the cities into rural areas will provide relief for a while to some, but soon over-hunting will cause animal population to decline until extinction. At this point, starvation and diseases due to lack of viable sanitation will probably be #1 cause of death, followed by violence over food.

**acute paranoia alert**

Also, FEMA Camps in the US will be widely active and in use. This might bring the age of the NWO and population numbers will go down to a very "manageable" level.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The worst non-war scenario I can see happenning is a national/global-scale pandemic much like the 1918 'Spanish Flu' outbreak that killed 50+ million.

With the UK population topping 60million (@2006) and packed cheek-by-jowl in this little island, any repeat of the 1918 outbreak would hit our dense population especially hard, in particular, the increasing ratio of elderly citizens.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swordbeast
An exodus out of the cities into rural areas will provide relief for a while to some, but soon over-hunting will cause animal population to decline until extinction.

After reading through the many gun-related surival threads, I can see that as becoming a very real problem in the US...a mass-X happens, population breaks out into the 'rural interior' and as many will be armed with at least one firearm (rifle/pistol/etc) then the large and mid-size game animals will dissappear very quickly due to over-hunting

The only sustainable animal food-sources left will be offshore sea-fishing for those on the coast or vermin (rabbits, squirrels, and especially rats) for those in the interior...and any calibre larger than a .22 will in all likelihood splatter your varmint-dinner to the 4 winds

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I can see why people would think with all the guns in the US we would hunt our selves out of food really quick, but I don't feel that is the case. Of those with guns a relativity small number even have ammo let alone know how to load it. Of those that do keep ammo and know how to use the firearm. which in its self is an even smaller number. they will only pull the firearm out and shoot it maybe once or twice every few years. if you don't use it you loose it. in other words they cant hit the broad side of a barn let alone a small animal.

Also in a Major global or even nation wide Sit-x, there is going to be attrition. There will be a lot that will die immiedietly from the Sit-x there will be a lot that will die in the first few days to a two weeks. the population will drop dramatically.

Of those that will be physically able to hunt will hunt but believe it or not even experienced hunters get skunked. the animals are really good at staying alive.

I really don't worry so much about the US. I am worried about the UK. as you said all those people crushed into very little space. yikes a recipe for disaster. Even worse then the UK is countries like Japan. all island nations are gonna be in trouble in any global Sit-X

I'm guided by a old saying. Water seeks its level. in other words if the land is only capable of supporting 10 and there is twenty, some how 10 will find a way while 10 don't. nature is not always kind

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Have to agree with ya on that one AA. Most of the population have moved to large cities. And I remember seeing a statistic showing that very few actually have access to guns, especially Gen XYZ. Society has 'risen' so high, that it is a very long way to fall indeed! I could see the inner city going cannabal before burning out all together.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
First of all let me say, I really enjoy seeing a group of like-minded people on these subjects come together. I can't even talk to my wife about this stuff because she thinks I am paranoid. I am not one of these "NWO/911 was an inside job" guys who is full of conspiracies. But I am almost certain that we are headed for global thermonuclear war in the next ten years. I see the United States invading Iran or at least attacking it and provoking Russia and to a lesser degree China into a Third World War. Eventually someone will use a tactical nuclear weapon, leading to the use of a strategic nuclear weapon or ICBM which will spark a "use em if you got em" situation.

I am trying to prepare in my own way. In my office I think of "where would I go in the building if it happened" or "where in my city would the epicenter of the blast likely be and what part of the building is the most shielded". I know it sounds paranoid but after following politics as a hobby and being obsessed with international news I just see this happening in my lifetime. And unfortunately even in Canada I don't feel safe at all even if the United States was the cause of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join