It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After alien invasion, do we still have to work?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm all for an invasion if they give all 6.5 billion of us food replicators and Free Energy devices. Then I'd quit my job since I'd have no need for money. It would be a great way to create a Utopia. With no money, we'd still work to better ourselves. We'd share our creations with everyone for free, such as AI robots that build shelters, sew clothing and provide healthcare to us.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Totally re edited this as to be quite honest i really think u can take your holyer than thou stance and my stool dont stink views a park em somewhere where the sun refuses to shine !

[edit on 1-10-2007 by completenuttergit]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

In support though of completenuttergit,
It was funny and it was not offensive.

What did you think about all those Muslims making a big issue about the cartoons that were printed in Denmark?
Did you think they were o.t.t.?
Did you think they were being repressive?

If the image had been graphic, I may have agreed; this was just funny.
Not meant to be representative or anything, just funny.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
OK some of you went against my view of No work= no luxuries (the little things in life thats fun)

Well I too know what you all mean about the whole being free! I love the idea too, we could make our own food easily anyway, great recipes out there, but I guess what I'm saying is without work we wouldn't have as much knowledge, I wouldn't be talking to you now, (computer) you wouldn't have fun with the little things that gives us entertainment.

But I do have a solution, for no work AND luxury! But it would require WORK first. My solution is to create highly advanced robots with specific jobs. They do the jobs we have the fun! Its possible but would require a lot of work to perfect them,(safety) you know without errors all the time (Microsoft)

Then people would be free to make music for music( not money) and art for art etc, it would be a world full of passion and freedom not struggles for a coin.

Oh well I'm actually getting rather confused with this whole no work world thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have deleted my entire post and resolved any/all issues with
completenuttergit and freeborn. Sorry for the distraction to the topic.
I mean no one harm....live and let live.

Back on topic.

regards...kk

[edit on 1-10-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Funny thread. We will be 'served' in bite sized portions to our hungry reptilian guests. No more work.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
ok i am sorry to all here, it got out of hand, i am unable to edit my posts to remove some of the things i had put .. K K and i have sorted it and sorry again to all

Best Regards to ALL

A RED FACED GIT

Ha dunnit , ah not quite all of them as the edit feature is missing on them!!

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by completenuttergit

The ability to admit fault and be so open about it proof that you are both are to be complimented!

Now let's get back to topic, granted, it's only monday to ponder about such amusing thoughts as alien apocalypse...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hey, one last "we're all mates together" post.

That's the beauty and quality of ats and the people we encounter here.
All misconceptions between git, kk and I have been clarified amicably and respectfully.

Regards and Respect to both.

kk

Back on thread, if you all have to stop working does that mean that I will have to start working again?
No internet, no ats, no lunchtime sessions in the pub!
Truly, the end of the world.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well me ol' fruit its either that or talk to the missus...

But looking at this why would you stop work really?

Posibbly the "visiting alien" chief decides its a holiday and were all invited to the party so bring them burgers n steaks. oh we are the burgers n steaks..

Or would they rather have the whole planet on indefinate curfew?
They may have blown up your place of work?

You never know we may get an all expenses paid Holiday to Alpha wherever.

I would like to see another civilization pay us a visit but i dont really think it will happen in my lifetime and im kicking on a piece now , and really will they realy want to interfere too much? If at all ??

Git

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Why would I stop working? Many, my pride as human will be non-existant since they are clearly superior than us in every aspect, (maybe not in the lust and horny areas of us).

No doubt they are here to exert somekind of "wisdom" to us for better or worse. We are "children" to them, to me, that means philosophical slavery.

Freedom means fighting againts opressors, and I will stop work and join resistance against them. It's more fun that way than to live a boring mechanical work-eat-crap routine.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Ok , not really wanting to ruin this thread anymore but ...

Just turning it round for a moment to ponder...

IF and this is a big IF... we , us , were the formost intelligent beings (not saying we are) in this vast expanse , what would we do ???

Ok i know we as a species are greedy and monopolising and cast aside any that try to stop us , but how would we really tackle a less superior species ? would we be all benevolent? lol no!

It would be more like got any oil ?? gold ? give us your money and we will give you this nice (having to think of something we all know) 300mmx silcone chip just to help you along , as were so nice ... are you getting my drift ? Would we say "stop work you fools! here is a new way of living" No ! i dont think so ..

Intelligence breeds avarice, gluttoney , and sloth and also other not so nice things so why not the same to aliens ??
Some people think Jesus Christ was a saviour and an alien but he soon bugged off and look at the mess he left behind...

I , as i said before , would like to see the total opposite of what i have said above , and that if we were to be visited it will be from a people so unlike us that we can see the error of those above deadly sins and try to change our ways ...

More chance off taking a leak in our queens handbag and poking a corgi!

Sorry gone off on one again

Regards to all

Git

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yep. We will all have to work. Even those who currently have the means to not work.

Work will also no longer be known as work. It will be called "contributing to society" instead and everyone will have a role.

It will be somewhat Orwellian without the need for constant goverment intervention.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join