It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After alien invasion, do we still have to work?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Wow, nice post Mr. Schuyler. Posts like that is what keeps me coming back to ATS. I mean a somewhat comical post by OP spawns this kind of wisdom and insight. My first response when I read the OP was laughter and my initial reply was meant to be humorous, but now?

A star for Schuyler and the OP. Your depiction of events reminds me of a great movie, Apocalypto. It is a must see and portrays a similar scenario of a superior culture dominating and "inferior" one. Actually, inferior was the wrong word, as they were pacifistic and self-contained. The movie depicts how the Mayans dominated their continent and era with their supreme understanding of astronomy, building and technology, much to the chagrins and demise of the "natives".

I look forward to more posts, both funny and serious, to this thread.

regards....kk

edited to fix many typos...btw....I am glad ATS DOES NOT offer spell check, I am glad to be reminded of my laziness and lost ability to make words correctly.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by docklands

I'm for alien invasion if they feed us.

If THEY feed us ???

What if they want to feed on us???? i for one would be telling them not to bite me im not strawberry flavoured !!
But it is a nice idea put your feet up and do what ?? nothing will be happening as no one will be working ..

No TV
No shops
No sport
No pubs !!! OMG disaster no way clear off Aliens we dont want u !!!

A thought , If we had to protest about Aliens landing , would we say "DOWN with aliens" or would we be better saying "UP with aliens"?
Just a thought
Regards

Git

[edit on 27-9-2007 by completenuttergit]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by completenuttergit

It's OK. I heard they've come to be our servants. They even have a book to help them. It's called 'How to Serve Man'....

....what's that you say?....it's a cookbook?

IT'S A COOKBOOK!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

LOL ... fried , roasted or stewed ? or cold with a nice bit O pickle ??

Regards

Git

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
depends on wht you cansider work...if you mean go to a routine job then thatll propably be encouraged by the government and to ignore whats going on....then no i wouldnt but if you consider guerrila attacks on alien landing vehicles work then yes you would have to go to work everyday then there would be a large uprising on there homeplanet about how the war was not right and how there leader only went to earth for uh sOIL they would be here for years until the people er uh aliens of there world convinced them to come home and stup fighting us furryheads from the planet packed with explosives because they have other things to worry about like the illegal "aliens" coming from other planets.....that metaphor was kinda hard to pull off but you get it

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by docklands

there is, for me, two possibilities after an alien invasion.

the first one is they are not coming in peace and the intergalatic war will start and then we will all die or be slave because their technologies are far away "better" than ours and then we will loose the battle.

or the second possibility, the one i hope/want, they are coming to save us from those political/dictator pigs who don't care about us and just want to put more and more money in their pockets even if that could cause our death, and then finally live in real freedom world/country/state and stop with this stupid work.

i just realized that our governments are doing my first possibility right now, maybe are they the alien invasion??????

anyway it will be great if we could stop to work, we are humans not slaves.
slavery is supposed to be banned for decades no? but what i see in work it's that the modern slavery!

by the way, if they feed us i hope they have some alien's vegan food........

[edit on 28-9-2007 by ufopunx]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Can anyone say SkunkWorks ??

This is where this one belongs...Funny and entertaining, sure
But belonging in the main forum, nuh-uh...

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by completenuttergit
If THEY feed us ???
What if they want to feed on us????

I can see it now, the unemployment line winds around and around, you finally get to the front of the line and it is an upscale Alien restaurant. You bet they will solve our economic ills.

But seriously, will they be bringing a microwave sized Star Trek like replicator, cause that sure would cut down on supply shortages and production labor needs.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If ETs are so smart why are they crashing? So there has been 6 supposed crashes that we know of in the past how many years? There are at least 6 traffic accidents in most towns over 25,000 people PER DAY. It appears that there are many more ET flybys than there are Space Shuttle missions and our space shuttle program is averaging a 2% failure rate, that is 2% of the launches end up with total destruction of the space craft.

I doubt that ET's are able to eliminate errors or accidents. One thing that seems clear is that all life forms are capable of making mistakes or just having bad luck. Randomness is inherent in the universe.

In one supposed crash just the port hole was cracked open and it appeared the ET bodies inside were burnt. If the atmosphere entered a flying saucer port hole at 17,000 mph you can bet that ET was burned up just like our own astronauts were when the atmosphere entered the heat shield through the hole on the shuttle.

Do we still have to work? Sorry to burst your bubble but just living requires work. It is almost the definition of living that just to live you must overcome challenges, such as acquiring food and water, acquiring shelter and dealing with health problems and environmental hazards. Most likely even if ET comes and gives all free robots to feed,house and clothe us we will still have to chew our food or digest our food. Some form of work will have to happen otherwise you would die. Try to stop the 24/7 labor of breathing and you will see that you will never get out of doing at least some work.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by docklands

My hypothesis is we were originally developed "bred" if you will as a slave race. When the Originators return to reclaim their feral humans, there will be 0% unemployment. Those unable or unwilling to work will be assigned kitchen duty soiling pots as stew. Waste not-want not. The number of unused sick days would skyrocket. Excellent free "universal healthcare" would be a given, after all sick livestock can ruin your operation. I hope I'm nutso.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If, we can use our tried and true model, that a superior race over takes an inferior race, assimilation should occur after annihilation till submission of those who wish to live, has taken place.

How much worse can it be. While the military is dying in battle and the government goes underground like the rats they are, At least I will have a chance to enjoy the show from my front porch. Maybe alien rule is not that bad after all.

Edit: Spelled worse as worst - now corrected

[edit on 09/18/2007 by WorldShadow]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
In all seriousness, yes, I will be going into work the next day...

I don't believe any kind of reveal will make any difference in the beginning, and later on down the line there will be some changes, but life goes on...

My landlord isn't going to lower my rent just because alien proof becomes absolute...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicize
I would have to say no to that. It's about as good an excuse as you can get. Other things that might get you out of work might include.

1. A sudden loss of earths gravity.
2. A prolonged pummeling of earth by meteors.
3. The moon falls to earth.
4. The sun goes out, even if just for a day.
5. A sudden increase in earths gravity by more than 100%.
6. Night time never arrived (the night before).
7. Nuclear war.
8. The rapture (if you belive in that) otherwise you'll have to go to work.
9. You win the lottery.
10. You come down with the flu.

11. France becomes the capital of the world.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
We wouldn't work IF we suddenly became one huge protein farm of 6 billion.
You'd be fed and prevented to move much.

Hopefully, cable will still work.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Work? Never...
Have you ever seen the animals in a zoo working?

We'll be sent to super comfy 'cells' with thick glass walls and alien robots will feed us our fav stuff right on time and everyone will get a cable TV.

I guess the only nuisance shall be those alien babies throwing peanuts at some of us and asking us to jump and what not. Showing your teeth and yelling at them may work.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i think after an alien invasion work is a rather small problem you have to deal with...
what if they just simply vaporize the whole surface of our planet?! well maybe you can find a new job in tom's underground bunker! who knows...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

We will enslave you puny human!! Our slave overseers are our own criminals. They are rewarded for how many energy units they work off of you (a renewable energy resource), and the only restriction on them is they must meet their production quota (that discourages them working their charges to death too soon, or snacking on too many. We await your surrender to the inevitable. The human infestation nears its end.

All hail Nir Hargasil her dreaded Almighty Malevolency!!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru

Originally posted by logicize

10. You come down with the flu.

lies!!! I had to work when I had the flu.

I did too! Actually, I tried calling in sick and they called and told me that my services were no longer required. No explanation... what a nice place to work being fired because you are too sick.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EBE154

I remember a little while back when a couple of our children caught two of your "astronauts" and put them in a jar. One told the other, "Shake the jar and see if they fight."

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dznetworks

Try calling in dead. Works for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join