It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copernicus Tower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Was discussing an anomaly in a well-known picture of the Copernicus Crater with a friend, and was familiar with the white tower/anomaly on the horizon in the photo, when it tweaked my memory that i had snapped a screenshot of a tower sometime ago.

i had 2 problems. Find the photo & confirm the general area that the tower was located and determine if it was anywhere in the vicinity of the Copernicus Crater. After some digging, i can confirm that the tower is located in the Sinus Iridum - Mare Imbrium which indeed is in the vicinity of Copernicus.

I am not stating for a fact that the spire/tower in my photo is the same tower in the Copernicus photo. But i wouldn't rule it out completely either. It would be interesting if one could determine the distance from Copernicus to Sinus Iridum so that one could ponder just how high this tower would be if indeed it was the same tower.....Regardless, it would have to be quite massive and huge if they are the same due to the apparent distance involved from the following map.

Sinus Iridum - Mare Imbrium

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
skiguy,
i've found two other pics of the same area:

Sources:
www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.nrl.navy.mil...

In the pic which you provided the object looks to have a shadow below...

To find it on Clementine 2.0
its coordinates are:

Lat.: 43,31
Long.: -8,36

Edit:

This should be the original pic:
apod.nasa.gov...

IMHO, this could be what you're looking for:

[edit on 25/9/2007 by internos]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Since I can't see most of your pictures from work, I'll have to assume they are different then previous threads.

Here's the last thread on Copernicus Tower for comparison:

Huge Tower-Like Structure Near Copernicus!

Cheers,

Leibolmai

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hi Internos. i think i would have to agree with your analysis. the tower from the Copernicus photo looks like the tower you posted from the area of the Mare Insularum and given its closer proximity and its apparent shape, i would agree that tower pic u posted is more likely the same as the tower in the Copernicus photo. Good work and thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I'm new here on ATS and i see there has been a thread going on this topic for some time. Thanks Leibolmai. I think we need to close this thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
In my opinion the last picture of the close up looks like a crash site.

Doesn't really look the same on the others

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Abandoned ruins?
Vantage point?
Were I an extraterrestrial, I'd make the dark edges of the moon my base of operations.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Very impressive skiguy. The shadows present would indicate this perfectly cylindrical structure must be hundreds of feet high.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Come on...Is not someone going to remember what else that tower is suppose to represent ?...
...That is the "Soul Catcher"...We use the souls over and over again...some of them get adjustments and then poof it's back in the mix...a fellow called "sleeper"....he knows all about the "Soul Catcher"...is that goofy enough for you.. never saw pictures of the tower like those...that thing cannot be denyed..its tall,...it casts a long shadow,..100% not natural looking...If Nasa was asked what that was.,....What can they possibly say..an old booster stage landed there like a spear..and it stuck there..?...Can we see all this stuff with a 10" reflector ?..

top topics

join