It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

early death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
this might sound kind of strange but ever since i was a little kid i've always known that i'm going to die young. I'm not saying that i'm psychic or anything i've just always had this really strong sense of 'knowing'. I'm 16 now and have a feeling that i might be joining the Forever 27 Club (which i feel is a whole conspiracy in itself-especially Jim Morrison). So does anybody have any ideas on what this could be or if it's just paranoia?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just don't allow it to become
a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I almost did.

Why do you think Jim is really
dead, anyway ?

Regards,
Lex

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingwoody

Do you come from an economically underpriviledged background? Most young poor people I know are not very optimistic about the future.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Just don't allow it to become
a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I almost did.

Why do you think Jim is really
dead, anyway ?

Regards,
Lex

oh i dont, i accepted it a long time ago and don't really care now. The thing with Jim is that even if he didnt die when he was declared he would be dead by now. I don't really know if he died then or not but i feel that he did because i feel that he wouldn't have let Pamela Courson go through the suffering that she did after he died. I think that the government may have had something to do with his death since the FBI has admitted to having a file on him and he was one of the prominent leaders of the counterculture. Plus the Miami charges against him were bull.

and to reply to the other post, no im not poor. im not rich but im not poor. middle class i guess.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingwoody

Actually there's a man alive today who claims to be Jim Morrison, do an ATS search for Jim, we've discussed this.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I thought I would die young too. Almost 28 now. Thought I would have been dead by now. I've lived my life never worrying about tomorrow. Always living in the moment. Never caring about the consequences of my actions.

Now I wish I would have worried a little more about the future.

Probably just paranoia.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I always thought so as well. 44 now. If I was you I would plan on living forever.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
No one knows the time or day they will pass. It's not something you should dwell on. If it makes you feel better then think about all those that went before you and in that understanding you come to the realization that it's just a part of nature. Things are born and die on a daily basis. Enjoy every day as if it is your last. Just do not become reckless.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Now I wish I would have worried a little more about the future.
This is something my dad tried to pound into my head for years,man I should have listened.I too,lived in the fast lane while I was young,Live fast ,die young was my motto.Now I'm 1 year shy of 40,and am trying to pound dads adivce into my 3 kids'heads.Go figure.

edit:spelling

[edit on 25-9-2007 by crowpruitt]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by crowpruitt

Someone once said that the problem of "eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you die" is that you wouldn't die tomorrow. That's one of my favorite sayings.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I also believed I would die young flyingwoody...I was mistaken. Along with that conviction, I knew to my core that I would never have children...wrong again ( my one and only was born when I was fifty). If I'm blessed with an average longevity, I have approximately 14 yrs left. Once this reality was looked at and accepted, the question immediately became; How do I choose to spend them? Values seemed to shift of their own accord.

The way I see it, you may have an advantage. Whether your sense about death proves to be correct or not, I get the impression that you ponder your own mortality to a degree that many probably don't. None of us are permanent residents here, but most of us unconsciously try to live as though we are. I highly recommend befriending death before-the-fact flyingwoody...it's a life altering, life affirming experience.

Luck to you

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
How's your health?
Do you think you tend to be depressed?
How are you handling life... school, friends, girls, family?
Has your life had some tragedy in it lately... deaths of friends or family?

How do you imagine your death? A health issue? A car accident? A random murder or terrorist attack?

Sometimes I think imaging/wishing for your own death is a way to escape the responsibilities you have. Suicide is a form of escape, after all.
Things are too tough, life is too complicated, too many people are pissed off at me. So if i just die, then it's problem solved. The troubles Win, I Lose, but at least it's over.

Of course, I'm probably talking crap here.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by emjoi
How's your health?
Do you think you tend to be depressed?
How are you handling life... school, friends, girls, family?
Has your life had some tragedy in it lately... deaths of friends or family?

How do you imagine your death? A health issue? A car accident? A random murder or terrorist attack?

Sometimes I think imaging/wishing for your own death is a way to escape the responsibilities you have. Suicide is a form of escape, after all.
Things are too tough, life is too complicated, too many people are pissed off at me. So if i just die, then it's problem solved. The troubles Win, I Lose, but at least it's over.

Of course, I'm probably talking crap here.

no im not depressed or anything, in fact im fine with life. I was just wondering if there has been any research or anything about this kind of stuff. I'm definately not suicidal or anything, just interested.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think everyone questions their mortality, especially in hard times and in face of the current affairs of the world, however I wouldn't put much credence into the thought, because at one time or another, I think everyone can say they have felt that way. I've never awoken to the feeling "yeah I'm going to live forever" however I have awoken to the feeling of "wow life is short"

I share Obe1 sentiment in thinking I wouldn't have a long life, I'd never get married, I'll never have kids.... so far I've struck out at all my preconcieved notions about life. Now I live for each day and what I can do with every hour instead of thinking when my time will come.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You maybe psychic on some small level to make you aware of death within your future. You also maybe recalling a previous life where you did die in your twenties and this time around it surfaces as an illusive feeling you just can't nail down.

My spirit was brushed by the shadow of death several times and I know it's ways.

Perhaps, as suggested further up the thread, you have a health issue undiscovered. Death will extend an invitation at any moment if you fail to acknowledge.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Not crap at all Emjoi, well reasoned thoughtful post that made me think.
Thanks

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
yes....i do feel and fear that i am going to die young....for lack of a better term, i feel like i 'know' that it is gonna be cancer and it is gonna be early....

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I was absolutely convinced i wouldn't live past 30, no reason, just a solid belief.

Came close a couple of times but now well past 30.

Who knows where these ideas come from, maybe there is a design, maybe your actions can alter it.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I would have to study your psychology since the initial thought started and grew. You could do the same. By the way, what happened to freewill?

Every time I have got in a car crash I remembered a feeling of dread. I learned pretty quick when I felt like something bad was to happen I changed it. The day or the schedule my life whatever. Try it and have some faith, if not in something else, yourself.

top topics

join