It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Watch: NYC 2007

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stratsys-sws

Personally he struck me as a composed, intelligent if not slighty too religiously orientated, leader. I felt that he dealt with a blatent display of disrespect with dignity and professionalism. I think he got his point across well without needing to rant or try and stir emotions a'la Bush.
I think that for a country that has been continually attacked by western leaders and media he is incredibly placid.
Compared to other leaders he answered questions directly and did well to avoid been drawn into giving answers to loaded questions.

I agree completely

[edit on 25-9-2007 by spoke]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It's funny how the mainstream media was gearing up for sparks and
fireworks, but the Ahmadinejad visit has already been replaced on the
front pages of News websites by other stories.

If his goal was to soften the hearts and minds of the American people,
he may be succeeding based on the comments I'm reading here and in
other places. The way he talks and the effect he's having on people
reminds me of how the Bible says the Anti-Christ will come to power
on the world scene.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
The way he talks and the effect he's having on people
on the world scene.

Oooooh...........the boogeyman.............anti-christ!

Have you really reached that point of desperation already?

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The article below speaks for itself and is just the beginning.

"This is how the Iranians are reporting on their president's speech on Monday at Columbia. Notice how they sugarcoat and aggrandize the whole experience."

[q url="http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-24/0709252616013529.htm"]Despite entire US media objections, negative propagation and hue and cry in recent days over IRI President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's scheduled address at Colombia University, he gave his lecture and answered students questions here on Monday afternoon.

On second day of his entry in New York, and amid standing ovation of the audience that had attended the hall where the Iranian President was to give his lecture as of early hours of the day, Ahmadinejad said that Iran is not going to attack any country in the world.

Before President Ahamadinejad's address, Colombia University Chancellor in a brief address told the audience that they would have the chance to hear Iran's stands as the Iranian President would put them forth.

He said that the Iranians are a peace loving nation, they hate war, and all types of aggression.

Referring to the technological achievements of the Iranian nation in the course of recent years, the president considered them as a sign for the Iranians' resolute will for achieving sustainable development and rapid advancement.

The audience on repeated occasion applauded Ahmadinejad when he touched on international crises.

At the end of his address President Ahmadinejad answered the students' questions on such issues as Israel, Palestine, Iran's nuclear program, the status of women in Iran and a number of other matters.[/q]

When you couple this with the news that Iran has closed another news station you begin to understand why allowing this guy to speak was such a bad idea. Dictators like Ahmadinejad work tirelessly to control all the information that their people get. They filter out the bad and punctuate the good to increase their standing among their people.

"I'm sure that over the next few days Iranians will get a steady diet of a hatefull Columbia University Dean and brilliant, albeit somewhat obtuse, answers by Ahmadinejad. Applause will be the only reaction that Iranians see on their television sets. And this scene will probably play out on the television sets of the citizens in countries whose leaders have aligned themselves with Ahmadinejad."
"This was a great victory for Ahmadinejad and his band of international pariahs. He has positioned himself as the one who is open to discussion and cast America's leadership as hateful and warmongering. By way of the crowd's applause he has solidified the terrorist talking point that the American people are opposed to their leadership in favor of the leadership coming from the Middle East. Chalk one up for academic freedom."

--

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKriv
No, if people don't like here they can leave and go somewhere that is "better"
Bad thing is, nobody can name a place.

Norway

Do I get a prize now?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What does it matter whether someone is elected or not. A terrorist is a terrorist. No need to have anger

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by elderban

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I'm not angry at Iran. I am angry mostly at Columbia University. I think it's a sad statement about our country that we censor someone who actually cares about the security of the United States, yet, let someone the like of Mahmoud speak...

It was most likely planned.

Bollinger, the President of CU, is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, which also has many PNAC members, including Robert Kagan, the co-founder of PNAC.

Still looking in to whether or not Bollinger is a member of PNAC, but can't find any substantiating information regarding it.

You guys do know that after announcing/inviting whats his name to speak, Iran released a political prisoner who is an alumni of Columbia University.....or was it they released the prisoner and bent over and took one so whats his name could speak at their school?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Also, i have someone in my family that is high up the military that knows for sure that the Car Bombs and Roadside Bombs are being supplied by Iran

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
IMO, It's not a crime to be anti-zionist... it's just a view that has nothing to do with targeting Jewish people. Anti-zionism does not equa anti-semitism... so why do Americans treat Ahmadinejad with disrespect? There are plenty of anti-zionist groups out there including Jewish anti-zionists. What I mean is why would someone who is anti-zionist be automatically considered anti-semitic when there are Groups of Anti-zionist Jews....

Why the double standard of letting certain groups of Jews question the existance of Israel as a state vs. critizing arabs/muslims for questioning if Israel should be a state.

I don't think Ahmadinejad is a threat to America or Israel. What proof do we have that would justify going to war with Iran? I sure hope we don't come up with some made up proof that they have WMDs just like Iraq.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well i do believe that Ahmedinaasheljadad said he wanted to wipe out Isreal completely, last week

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKriv
Well i do believe that Ahmedinaasheljadad said he wanted to wipe out Isreal completely, last week

Please provide a link to your statement. Providing false or misleading information is against the TAC of this message board. If you point to the old and infamous misquote, then you need to educate yourself here:
Lost in Translation

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sorry about that I was incorrect when it was said. Don't want to get ratted on:

"The president then said: "And God willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism," according to a quote published by IRNA."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I remember back in the 80's I used to get quite a kick reading the extremely exaggerated reports from the Iran-Iraq war. I'm sure the exact text of these wild claims by either side are still available somewhere, but were similar to Baghdad Bob's hilariously inaccurate propaganda.
This propaganda is not meant for our consumption, in the west, but for the Iranian and Iraqi citizens consumption. I can't imagine anyone who believes it, but who knows....
Ahminthemoodforjihad's talk at Columbia seemed to be composed of the same material. homosexuals don't exist in Iran???? Who told us that? I couldn't even read the rest i was laughing so hard.
Iran has no homosexuals, no nuclear weapons ambitions, there was no holocaust, my suit is brand new, all aspirins are alike.........

His answers were not to us, he does not care what we think. He wants sound bites for rebroadcast in Iran. If he visits ground zero, he will say some crap that will be doctored up and include our insults.
In Iran, all you get is what they spoon feed to you, any indication of disbelief results in jail or worse. Therefore, if they say the sky is green, only a fool would disagree. That's why they make these wild and crazy statements - they have no idea what is believable.

I originally was against him speaking anywhere, heard the utterly transparent BS and thought " if that's what he says, then what are we afraid of"
Now I see that his answers aren't meant for us, so we are fueling the internal Iranian propaganda machine.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by carewemust
The way he talks and the effect he's having on people
on the world scene.

Oooooh...........the boogeyman.............anti-christ!

Have you really reached that point of desperation already?

Peace

WELL..the thought did cross my mind while watching the news media
and blog participants melt like butter in the hot sun as this guy spoke!

But then, a lot of things cross our minds every day don't they.
Peace to you too Dr. Love
-cwm

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKriv

I would like you to elaborate on how he is a terrorist? Please back up your claims, don't just make wild accusations.

Saying I know someone who knows someone who says they know for a fact that Iran is doing something is not legitimate.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by me262

He doesn't not deny that the holocaust happened.
During his speech at Columbia when asked about the holocaust he said, and I quote "I'm not saying that it didn't happen at all"

He continued to say how he just wants further research done and what not. Which is completely valid.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Bush never said we were going go to get hit again. He said to be prepared for another terrorist attack. The guy from Homeland Security, however, Michael Chertoff had his "gut feeling" about another terrorist attack happening in the U.S.

Iran supports terrorists and they are targeting our troops in Iraq. As a known fact, Hezbollah and Hamas are terror groups attacking civilians in Israel. That's whats really causing fear in the Middle East and here.

Why the heck would you call our president a terrorist? Are you that brainwashed from biased media channels? We have all seen Bin Laden's tapes and know for a fact that he's a terrorist. It's pretty sad when people have trouble identifying terrorists when it is really common sense.

As for Israel's and Palestine's right to exist, I think they are both wrong. Israel shouldn't have forcefully take over Palestine and Palestine shouldn't keep attacking Israel and saying they are "counter attacks" when they are killing civilians. But two wrongs don't make a right. Palestine or any other countries have no right to attack Israel just like Israel has no right to invade other countries. Israel was created and shouldn't be looked at as an invasion of Jewish people.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
People who say Ahmadinejad is bad are because for the past 4 years he has been quoted from various sources as being an extremist in his ideas.

People on this website and across the world hear of the same stories about him, maybe not the fault of the viewers if they hear a second hand story through the news. But you cannot blame FOX news or American media about this guy only, the UK and European channel news state the same facts. Are they all wrong? Is it a conspiracy maybe the language is so different that it cannot sound kind in translation which ever language it’s in.

Okay for a start, these views not coming from America but European news, BCC and others for example, this guy has been quoted as coming across as an extremist.

His comments have been for example that God made the Columbia shuttle crash because it had a Jew on it as a way of punishment.

He has also stated the denial of the holocaust, some people may agree on here who knows, he did state that the number was a fifth of what history claims.

Also he wants Israel wiped off the map just when he is making Nuclear energy like it's that would not stir a bit of fear in people. Maybe he means something else but I doubt it.

Also he is waiting for his 12th Madi (prophet) to arrive when there is persecution against Iran and great threat coming his way whist he honours his self destruction no matter how many people in Iran get hurt.
Even the Iranians are complaining.

Okay if all this is wrong then how is it all getting negative feed back to us, is he playing translations of the language games to say come get me so we really will use nuclear weapons which they could have got from Russia who knows. But the risk is there built in his fundamental religious ways.

To me he seems like he wants war upon his country because around him like the American illuminati, they have in comparison fundamentalists wanting the world to become Islamic as his own religion requires. The two could meet in-between as I think the illuminati and the Islamic laws both hold to the same agenda, which will take your freedoms always, as we know it and dump Christianity out and open the door of hell on earth.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

You make some good points, however I think it is too easy for us to sit back and say that Israel shouldn't have taken over Palestine and Palestine shouldn't continue to attack Israel.
It is easy for us to reason that they should stop the violence.
It is also easy for us to say that the creation of Israel should not be looked at as an invasion of Jewish people into Palestinian land, but how do you suppose the Palestinians should look at it? Putting yourself in their shoes, could you see anything beyond the harsh reality of everyday life in your occupied land?
If I were a Palestinian I would be hard-pressed to accept an outsiders view of my everyday life under regime that I feel stole my people's land.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
Michael Chertoff had his "gut feeling" about another terrorist attack happening in the U.S.

Don't you think that is invoking fear in at least one person?

Doesn't fear allow them to take away freedoms?

Doesn't taking away freedoms accomplish something politically?

There you go - a terrorist.

Iran supports terrorists and they are targeting our troops in Iraq.

Proof?

As a known fact, Hezbollah and Hamas are terror groups attacking civilians in Israel.

They're terrorist groups because we labeled them that, right? So because we label them that, now, everyone in the world must conform to our definitions. Isn't that right?

That's some mighty fine arrogance.

It doesn't really matter that Hamas and Hezbollah have elected officials in their respective governments, does it? No elected officials matter unless they support us, right?

Basically, if they have guns, and they go against our world domination goals, they're a terrorist. They have no right to defend themselves against us.

Why the heck would you call our president a terrorist?

Because he, and everyone in his administration, is one.

Are you that brainwashed from biased media channels?

They certainly are biased, but not in the way you're thinking.

We have all seen Bin Laden's tapes

Have we? Do you think they're really him in the latest ones?

and know for a fact that he's a terrorist.

And a CIA asset. Let's not forget that one.

It's pretty sad when people have trouble identifying terrorists when it is really common sense.

Amen. I agree.

(probably not in the way you meant it though)

Israel shouldn't have forcefully take over Palestine and Palestine shouldn't keep attacking Israel and saying they are "counter attacks" when they are killing civilians.

The difference is, these Arabs are labeled terrorists, and Israel is praised.

Israel shouldn't be there in the first place. So Arabs have every right to launch attacks on Israel.

So you know what, I'm going to go controversial here and say, as long as we're all going to go with this eye for an eye mentality, and use a blurred, twisted, faulty version of history to justify Israel's position that they can attack whomever because they are being attacked - I'll say, backed by a correct version of history, as long as Israel remains on occupied land, what ever damages Israel suffers are well deserved and get no sympathy from me.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join