Ahmadinejad Watch: NYC 2007

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I thought it might be good to start a thread to keep on eye on the events around President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's visit to NYC this week.

Now let me be clear: This thread is NOT A DOOMSDAY NOR A DOOM AND GLOOM THREAD.

I wanted to start the thread because there are a lot of people in NYC that are very angry about the visit and it might be interesting to see what the reaction is to his trip to the UN and his speech at Columbia.

Iran's President Visits NYC

It will be interesting to see how New Yorkers handle this controversial president.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I saw on CNN tonite that there was a Jewish NYC man calling for New Yorkers to somehow block Ahmadinejad from entering Columbia. If such a thing happened, would the cops intervene to guarantee the man access?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm very excited to watch the events unfold. I don't understand why he wants to speak to american citizens and inform us of 'the truth' because i know that most americans would not believe a word that he said if its anti-govt.

I think that its very possible that he will be executed by someone. He will have secret service but exactly how secure will he be with the US govt protecting him?

Last year he was suppose to speak at columbia but he was denied. why is he allowed to speak this year? If he is assasinated i'm going to be the first one to yell... 'CONSPIRACY'.

[edit on 9/23/2007 by stellawayten]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I saw on CNN tonite that there was a Jewish NYC man calling for New Yorkers to somehow block Ahmadinejad from entering Columbia.

It wasn't just any man -- it was a New York State lawmaker.

He called for acts of civil disobedience in the style of Martin Luther King Jr. to make Ahmadinejad's stay in New York as "unpleasant" as possible.

[edit on 9/23/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
the nypd refused to provide security for him to visit ground zero to place flowers at the site. i dont have a link but its been all over fox radio news.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This all kind of looks like a PR move. He had a speaking engagement tonight at a Hilton hotel and NY news said he was seen hugging and kissing children. The even was for Iranian Americans.

It almost seems that he is trying to look as "accessible" as possible, to promote a more positive image of himself.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Who would benefit if Ahmadinejad was assassinated? And before you say "Bush!" or some other such, consider the following...how would America benefit from starting a war it would lose?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
well, if you believe in conspiracy theories... it would give the ptb a chance to raise their false flag. i know that they could raise it at any time BUT if he was assasinated it would cause a lot of american citizens to fear an attack from iran. and if some attack were to happen then everyone would automatically assume that it was from iran. (except for ATS members.
)

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Yeah, a possibility I hadn't thought of is that it would be yet another manufactured crisis-just the ticket if Bush wanted to declare a state of emergency and overstay his term.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad has stated before, some time ago, that he doesn't have any ill feelings towards American citizens. It's the government he doesn't like. He also stated that Iran would pay American tourists $20 if they came to his country.

I'm trying to find some links/sources for this, but I am not having much luck so far. The one story I found a link to, which was on CNN.com, is no longer valid...surprise surprise.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I saw on CNN tonite that there was a Jewish NYC man calling for New Yorkers to somehow block Ahmadinejad from entering Columbia. If such a thing happened, would the cops intervene to guarantee the man access?

Why should someone the likes of Ahamadinejad be allowed to speak at Columbia, when the founder of the Minute Men, a person who loves America, was not?

[edit on 24-9-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Why should someone the likes of Ahamadinejad be allowed to speak at Columbia, when the founder of the Minute Men, a person who loves America, was not?

Becasue he is the elected leader of a nation, representing them as an ambasador.

As is everyone person on this planet.

Why should anyone not allow him, to speak at the world forum?
Specifically, when its HIS country thats being talked about!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
i feel he has every right to "plead" his case to the U.S.,and i think it takes more heart to come to a country that openly (most people in the U.S.) hates him.... i dont see bush going to Iran telling them why he feels they dont need to have nuclear power/weapons.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Becasue he is the elected leader of a nation, representing them as an ambasador.

As is everyone person on this planet.

Why should anyone not allow him, to speak at the world forum?
Specifically, when its HIS country thats being talked about!

That doesn't answer my question... Why was the founder of the Minute Men, a TRUE American, rushed off the stage when he went to Columbia to speak? Will Ahmadenijad get the same treatment? I can doubtfully hope, I suppose.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You said the Minute Man guy was not allowed to speak in your first post. He was allowed to speak. What is the problem? Just because he got booed off stage and threatened doesn't mean they didn't allow him to speak.

Iran's President has not received a very warm welcome either, so don't think his visit will be lined with rose petals.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
You said the Minute Man guy was not allowed to speak in your first post. He was allowed to speak. What is the problem? Just because he got booed off stage and threatened doesn't mean they didn't allow him to speak.

Fact is, HE DIDN'T SPEAK>>>>> He was forced off before he ever began!!
I can only hope that the Freak of nature from Iran gets the same treatment. However, considering Columbia's anti-American liberal mindset, I sincerely doubt that will happen.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with him being able to speak. I think a lot of the things that are said about him are false.

Is he a good peace loving guy? Doubt it. He's probably like every other world leader - they'd reach for more and more power if they got a huge amount of power, and they'd kill anyone in their way.

But there's nothing stopping him from being able to visit here. If you don't want him to visit, put him on the terrorist watch list. If we're not going to do that, then we should really stop talking about it.

I doubt he's going to carry out a suicide bombing himself, so I really don't see a threat coming from this.

But I agree, the possibility exists that he could be assassinated, which would be considered an act of war, which would open the flood gates for a false flag incident to occur, which would be considered an Iranian attack, which would start the Iran War.

But, anyways, I don't have a problem with it. I'm for freedom of speech no matter who it is, so if he's being beat up in our media, he should have the right to defend himself whether what he says is propaganda or not.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I think a lot of the things that are said about him are false.

Really? Based on what? What has this freak said or done in the last two years to make you doubt any of the accusations against him? The guy is freaking insane...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Consider for a moment that Ahmadinejad became a member of ATS.

Should he be allowed to post comments and answer questions if all is done in a civil manner?

OR...

Should he be banned before he got a word in?

Is the United Nations any different as an international platform?

Are universities not a place for differing opinions to be heard out and commented upon?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Really? Based on what? What has this freak said or done in the last two years to make you doubt any of the accusations against him? The guy is freaking insane...

Well, based on that our media uses scare tactics and propaganda against anyone that doesn't submit to our power grabs in the world.

So I'll reverse it on you - you say he's freaking insane. So - based on what?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join