It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Watch: NYC 2007

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The point still stands that you can have a good life living in Africa.
Not every country in Africa, but you can't just bundle all 50+ countries together like that.
It makes you seem ignorant.
I am not saying that you are ignorant, just that your blanket statement is.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by spoke]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Today should prove to most how much of a crazy lunatic Ahmnadindoofus is. He believes the holocaust did not happen, Iran has no gays, woman in Iran have rights just like in the USA and refused to answer the question about whether or not he believes Israel should be destroyed.
This guy is totally off his rocker.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I realize that people may be offended becuase of what he says or what his religion is or even the part he played in 9.11 if any. I would allow him I mean the guy is not doing this as a mocking statement this is for real and I would let him. Now if he gets assassinated or w/e thats a different story.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule

Hmm - let's see.

Iran is not affiliated with anyone in Iraq and is not trying to influence people there. Iran never supports terrorists, militants or anyone else by any name you choose that goes about causing trouble in the are. Iran never supports Syria, Hezbolla, Hamas or any of those other local gangs.
Iran never gives weapons to anyone, anywhere.

Nope - Iran is totally innocent. I stand corrected.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by itguysrule]

I like how you think Hamas is a gang.
Hamas won the parliamentary elections in Palestine. They are a political group as well as a militant ( Gang in your words ) group.
One can argue that Iran gives support to militant groups in the middle east. This does not mean they are trying to control the middle east.
They are not trying to gain new territory by supporting groups opposed to the west.
They have no desire to rule every country in the middle east, nor do they have a desire to use military force in any conflict.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by spoke]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoke

One can argue that Iran gives support to militant groups in the middle east. This does not mean they are trying to control the middle east.

So giving support to militant groups does not qualify as trying to control other countries? I guess it depends on your point of view.

A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf.

Would you like fries with that bridge you are going to buy from me?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

So, in your opinion, every time someone gives support to someone else they are trying to control them?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten

Please explain what constitutes a 'TRUE american'.

One who LOVES his nation regardless... One who believes that our national security is more important than "feeling good" about oneself... That is a TRUE American...

[edit on 24-9-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

By your logic, the US deserves to be invaded and have their government replaced. But, then again, the US can never do wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
By the way, those of you who think that Columbia is such a "great institution," I hope you know that they have also said that they'd even allow Adolf Hitler speak at their school... Yet, they won't let someone who believes that securing our national borders is a top priority speak...
Seems pretty pathetic to me....

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoke

So, in your opinion, every time someone gives support to someone else they are trying to control them?

Let's see . . . control, influence, manipulate, persuade, intimidate, terrorize, dominate. It's sort of all the same idea. Pick the word you like most.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisappearCompletely

By your logic, the US deserves to be invaded and have their government replaced. But, then again, the US can never do wrong.

I'm sorry, I don't understand how you got that impression from my post. I don't believe I said that either the US or Iran DESERVE to be invaded and I certainly didn't say the US can never do wrong. I did say that I think it is both naive and foolish to believe what Iran says and to trust them. I also said that I think Iran and the US are on a collision course and that I don't see anything in the works that can change that.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixsofar

Originally posted by John_Q_Llama
Ahmadinejad has stated before, some time ago, that he doesn't have any ill feelings towards American citizens. It's the government he doesn't like.

That's what everybody says but it's a load of politically correct CRAP. People who hate this country do not merely hate George Bush, they hate America all together. It's the entire country in general that people can't stand, it's hardly just the government.

And I about fell out of my chair when I learned Ahmadinejad was coming here to this country. And to top it off, he'll be speaking publically at a University?!? Geesh why not have Hugo Chavez, Bin Laden and Castro come also, they could all have a nice big conference together and talk about how much they hate our government "but not it's citizens"...

Well if him saying he has no ill feelings towards American citizens is a "load of crap" then, I quess you'll then have to say that the American goverment truely does have ill feelings for the people of Iraq, Afganistan, Hiroshima and Nagasaki since them have dropped plenty of bombs on them...

We can't call ourself a free country that lives by the constitution and the bill of rights and then be selective as to when and how they should be used. For it is when we choose to not have debate that we are then no different then a communist country

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What disturbs me is knowing if the President of Columbia University was speaking in Iran saying what he said today about Ahmeadinejad, he'd be dead
by night fall.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I didn't say Ahmadinejad is a good guy, nor did I say Iran is a free nation.

But, you know, don't look now...but we're not far off from that censorship and the lack of freedoms - all in the name of "national security" of course.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
U guys b1tch and moan all day, but try living in another country where your rights don't mean sh1t. No country is perfect, but at least America gives u chance to live a good life, unlike 99% of the rest of the world. If u want a perfect gov. go get an island yourself and make u own rules.

So, since there are 194 recognized countries in the world, and 99% of them are bad, that means 192.06, or just 192 countries, are bad and provide no opportunity for good living.

So that leaves two nations that do provide good living.

Obviously the United States is one of them because the USA is NUMBER 1!!!!!!!! right?

So what's the second one? The United Kingdom, I assume?

So France, Norway, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Sweden, Finland, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Ireland, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Australia, just to name a few, are third world dictatorships.

Is that right?

I love your American educational system sponsored view of the world.

Please research more countries more often and choose your opinionated, false statistics more carefully.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
I don't know if this was ever debunked, but this terrorist sure looks like the president of Iran.

I don't know if it has been debunked before, but it has now.

The CIA says it's not him. I'm going to go ahead and believe them, as well as the picture shown on that link.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
for your convenience, here are full transcripts of the events.

CBS

Columbia

Iranian nation is a victim of terrorism. For -- 26 years ago, where I work, close to where I work, in a terrorist operation, the elected president of the Iranian nation and the elected prime minister of Iran lost their lives in a bomb explosion. They turned into ashes.
A month later, in another terrorist operation, 72 members of our parliament and highest ranking officials, including four ministers and eight deputy ministers, bodies were shattered into pieces as a result of terrorist attacks. Within six months, over 4,000 Iranians lost their lives, assassinated by terrorist groups, all this carried out by the hand of one single terrorist group. Regretfully that same terrorist group, now, today, in your country, is being -- operating under the support of the U.S. administration, working freely, distributing declarations freely. And their camps in Iraq are supported by the U.S. government. They're secured by the U.S. government.

He is referring to:

June 28, 1981 -- The Mujahedeen-e Khalq (MEK), a militant Iranian opposition group, bombs the Islamic Republic Party headquarters and the Premier’s office, killing some 70 high-ranking Iranian officials, including chief Justice Ayatollah Mohammad Beheshti, President Mohammad-Ali Rajaei, and Premier Mohammad-Javad Bahonar. [US Department of State, 4/30/2003]

READ THE FULL SPEECH!! IT IS WORTH IT.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Free speech as long as you like the person speaking, and or what they are saying....

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ya'll are being played.

Why do you think they would let Ahmadinejad go to NYC and speak? So more and more Americans would get pissed off at Iran to further the Administrations agenda for attacking Iran.

If I were Bush, I would have told Ahmadinejad to stay home and that he's not welcome in my country. But Bush didn't do that, did he?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join