It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone explain this strange experience?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I'm not 100% sure this is the best thread to post that in so feel free to move it to the right place if needed.

Something very strange occured to me 20 years ago when I was about 18 and I was wondering if anyone here might be able to explain what it was. Since it happened a long time ago, I will try to describe it to the best of my recollection...

Basically, it was pretty late... probably around 1am and I had spent most of the evening working on my bedroom's computer. I was starting to feel a bit tired so I decided to take a small break and lied down on my bed with the lights still on but dimmed down a bit.

This is when it all started...

I was resting on my back, eyes open and as soon as I put my head on the pillow, some kind of "window" appeared right in front of my eyes, 5-6 inches away. The best way to describe what I mean by "window" would be to say that it looked as if a translucent image was sitting in mid air and was blocking some portion of my sight. I could still see the room around the "window" but what was behind it was partially blocked and when I was moving my head, the "window" was following my every movements.

At first, the "window" was showing pure black but slowly, an image faded in. The image was showing something really strange and also a bit hard to describe. It sorta looked like a close up of a long tunnel but the point of view was from outside the tunnel, looking straight at its side rather than from inside and looking down the tunnel. The tunnel was extending both ways so I couldn't see the start or end of it. What was very odd about this tunnel was the surface of its "walls". They looked like they were made of flesh... something similar to intestines skin.

At the same time that the image appeared, a sentiment of fear kicked in inside of me even though I wasn't actually scared. It felt as if that fear was imposed on me the same way as the image in front of my eyes. Then the vision through the "window" started scrolling sideways, revealing more of the hidden part of the tunnel. As it scrolled (towards the left), I could tell that the tunnel was getting bigger and at the same time, the imposed fear inside of me started increasing. After about a min looking at it, the fear had became so strong that I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to get out of bed and turned on all the lights. Yet, the vision was still going and the fear kept increasing even more. I had to find a way of stopping this so I grabbed a book that was on my desk and started reading it. This wasn't an easy task since 3/4 of my sight was blocked by the "window" but I could still manage to read on the edges of it.

It took a little while to concentrate enough on the book to make sense out of the sentences I was reading but as I kept going, the vision started to fade away along with the imposed fear and after approximately 5 mins, it was completely gone.

Since that day, nothing similar ever occured to me again but I have always been wondering what could have occured if I had not tried to stop it.

So I was curious to know if anyone has ever experienced anything like this or could explain to me what exactly happened on that night.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I know what you mean by that imposed fear. I once had that where I was scared, yet at the same time my logical mind told me I shouldn't be, it was a different type of fear. I like your term imposed fear.

I have a question, did the thing move with your eyes, did it stay staionary, did it move when you got up, did it disapear and reapear. you said you turned your head, did you follow its movement with your eyes, or did it just stay infront of your eyes.

I guess I am asking how it moved in relationship to you, specifically your eyes.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The window moved as if it was attached to my head so I could move my eyes around and look at it but when I turned my head, the window was following too. Similar to when you look at your computer screen, you can look at different parts of the screen by moving your eyes except the monitor won't move with your head when you turn it.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
WOW!

THAT'S a good one. Barbadel, I'm giving you a star.

I have no idea on what to tell you about that. I just want to say I'll be watching the thread for good answers (and good questions from the readers more suited to give good answers) coming up.

Now, first of all, you and I are the same age and I remember what I was doing in my late teens. I would never assume you were under the influence of any mind altering substance, but, I saw some funky stuff when I did the funky stuff, if ya know what I mean. Someone is going to ask it, so I figured I would do it as gracefully as possible. Just say "No Drugs" and I'll believe you.
Secondly, a question. Did you at all, despite the terror you felt, feel compelled to try and enter the tunnel?

I hope you find your answers,
Cuhail

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I know how crazy those years have been for many people but I'm probably one of the rare few who never dared to try any drugs. So to answer your question, no drugs, no alcool and no medications of any kind.

For your 2nd question, I'd say I didn't feel like entering the tunnel was even a possibility. It felt more like I was a passive viewer rather than being able to interact with what was happening in front of my eyes.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Barbadel

Thank you. I hope I didn't offend. I admire your ability to restrain.

So, more like a viewer? Man, it's too bad it didn't return to you. (In a sense) I think it may have been an invitation of some sort and your fear was a natural reaction to the unknown. I have overcome a few good phobias in my life just with the realization that fear is an alarm, not a barrier.

Have ya tried summoning it back?

C

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I managed a home dialysis company for seven years. My assistant and I were delivering a setup to a new customer in Lorain, Oh. Typical day, nothing out of ordinary. We came upon a stretch of road and I had the most horrible feeling of doom. It was like someone unloaded an ice tray down my spine. I, as calmly as possible asked Ben, if he suddenly felt a strange bad feeling, and he looked over at me with what looked like saucers for eyes. A 6'5'' 260 lb Kentucky behomoth. I told him to buckle up until the feeling past and he did. He hated seatbelts. I slowed a bit, even though doing the limit, and after about a minute the feeling passed. It was like PURE evil. Root road I'll never forget it. Just today I saw on news a signal 30 on that road, not that that means anything.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I have never heard of nor read anything describing what you describe. I am curious if anyone else has and am interested in what they might say about it.....

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Thank you. I hope I didn't offend. I admire your ability to restrain.

So, more like a viewer? Man, it's too bad it didn't return to you. (In a sense) I think it may have been an invitation of some sort and your fear was a natural reaction to the unknown. I have overcome a few good phobias in my life just with the realization that fear is an alarm, not a barrier.

Have ya tried summoning it back?

No offense at all... this question definitely had to be asked.

I'm a really down to earth person and I don't have any phobias that I'm aware of.

The fear definitely wasn't coming from me being scared by the event occuring. I'm 100% positive it was imposed on me the same way as the vision was.

Since I didn't "summon" this in the first place, it just started occuring by itself, I wouldn't know what to do to have it occur again. Also since I have no idea what it was, I can't tell if it would be a good thing or not if it happened again.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Barbadel]

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Barbadel]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
i have heard of two different people telling me at different times what you have discribed. Yet, they had taken this drug they nicked named something I can't remember and it gives you tunnel vision. They say you get the worst fear in the world from it. Almost to the point you want to ripe your head off, some have discribed. Its deffinatly not a party drug. Maybe someone slipped you something. Or maybe its something else.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinfull
i have heard of two different people telling me at different times what you have discribed. Yet, they had taken this drug they nicked named something I can't remember and it gives you tunnel vision. They say you get the worst fear in the world from it. Almost to the point you want to ripe your head off, some have discribed. Its deffinatly not a party drug. Maybe someone slipped you something. Or maybe its something else.

I wasn't having "tunnel vision"... I was looking at the SIDE of an object that looked like a tunnel or a tube if you prefer.

I had not left the house for a few days and didn't have anyone visiting. I was working on some important project so I had no time at all to go out partying. I'm sure the kind of drugs you described had nothing to do with what I experienced.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I have had my own experiances so I am happy to share my thoughts

I completly believe the fear came from the object not from you evaluating the presence of the object, that being said.

First though, we are in some matrix like thing and some material element outside handling the experiment stepped in. problem, why add fear? Furthermore one of the comptrollers probably got in big trouble for letting you see what he would be able to keep from you.

Second a dark spiritual entity appeared with some alterior or uncompleted motive, or by chance. It did not have strength to actually do a thought projection so just projected its essence fear, problem, why did it track with your head. Why no smells, or sounds?

Third some spiritual element attached to you, causing a disruption around you, this allowed it to move with you since it was ridding you, and what you saw was some lingering effect of the entity. Note that high EMP causes feelings of aprehension and fear, something commenly associated with spiritual entities. If this is it you got off lucky that it is gone, or maybe its not [insert twilight zone music]

possibly, a short term glitch in your neural processing, blood preassure momentary disruption of oxygen, over production of brain chemicals, that screwed your vision. problem it moved with your head. If it moved with your eyes this would be a sure thing, or if you had double vission possibly one eye was the source and was not moving so it was tracking eye as head moved.

Since you were in bed at the time most would say you were in a waking dream where the brain was feeding into your sight sensors and not just your eyes.

Thats all I got.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
If it was an entity of some kind, it certainly didn't feel like one. Although, the fact that the surface of the tunnel was made of skin made it feel like a human organ or part of some living organism.

I don't know all the details about waking dreams but the event started occuring right at the moment that I rested my head on the pillow. I was still fully awake, eyes opened and I could move... which I definitely did moments later since I had to go across the room to turn on all the lights, yet, the "window" was still in front of me when I was by the light switch.

There is one more element that I forgot to mention but it could also be important. At first, the vision was scrolling sideways. I'm pretty confident that the tunnel itself wasn't moving. It was my point of view that was actually moving along the side of it. So, as the fear kept increasing, the point of view started to shift slightly on an angle while scrolling. As it was shifting, I could see that the tunnel was extending much further in the distance but because of the viewing angle I couldn't see the end of it although, I could tell that it was extending into pure white lights, very far away. This is when I couldn't handle the fear anymore and decided to get up and turn on all the lights.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
well the base of this drug is a imbombing fluid. Everything you have discribed sounds just like the same experinces i have heard before. You didn't happen to be in conntact or around any imbombing fluid while you were alone?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barbadel
There is one more element that I forgot to mention but it could also be important. At first, the vision was scrolling sideways. I'm pretty confident that the tunnel itself wasn't moving. It was my point of view that was actually moving along the side of it. So, as the fear kept increasing, the point of view started to shift slightly on an angle while scrolling.

Do this and tell me if this is what you mean by scrolling. Turn off lights look at edge of tv from a distance. Then look into a dark section of the room. The imprint on retni will remain, as you try to move your center vision to this object it will keep moving away, since it is actually a imprint on the periphial vision. If this is what you mean by scrolling it sounds occular to me for sure. This is what I meant by eye tracking. If I missunderstood scrolling sorry, please elaborate further.

If scrolling is like waves of the ocean on the thing this is also common occular artifact. A fun one strickly created by orientation is to watch waves slowly rolling into beach at an angle for 10 minutes, then look at the sand, it will shift and move as your eyes had been conditioned to ignore the consistent movement, and must readjust to stationary objects. Not the same thing but interesting to me.

Meanwhile I will tweak a few nobs here and there to make sure your holographic projected reality does not break down again. The controler has been recycled and you should complete the experiment quite well without further disruption

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinfull
well the base of this drug is a imbombing fluid. Everything you have discribed sounds just like the same experinces i have heard before. You didn't happen to be in conntact or around any imbombing fluid while you were alone?

Definitely not by any chance...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777

If I missunderstood scrolling sorry, please elaborate further.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Redge777]

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough with what I meant by "scrolling".

I simply meant that the point of view that I had of the tunnel was panning towards the right. Here's an exemple to describe what I mean: Imagine that you're standing beside a railroad while a train is passing. You see the wagons go by in front of you because the train is moving and you're standing still. In my case, I wasn't moving, the tunnel wasn't moving either but it was the point of view that was moving sideways which made it seem like the tunnel was going by (like the train in my exemple).

I hope I didn't confuse you even more with that explanation. I have to admit that this isn't something obvious to explain in words especially since english is my 2nd language...

Regarding the occular effects you described, I know exactly what you mean but it wasn't that for sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Food for thought

I'm going to suggest some possibilities here that may just amount to something or nothing.
1] You could have experienced an altered state due to psychological stress. I am not suggesting you are mentally ill here but the mind and our subconscious is susceptable to rapid and unexpected changes due to many factors such as stress, anxiety or post traumatic stress disorder.
2] Depression, sleep problems, night terrors, hallucinations, thought disorder, alcohol can all be attributable to triggering certain states of mind.
3] Have you had sleep deprevation due to worry or working long periods
4] Financial stress or dietry problems could all be factors worth considering as a cause.
5]Marital dischord maybe?
Do not discount this experience as an isolated one there could be other factors at work here.
I do NOT believe your experience is paranormal.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglosaxon
1] You could have experienced an altered state due to psychological stress. I am not suggesting you are mentally ill here but the mind and our subconscious is susceptable to rapid and unexpected changes due to many factors such as stress, anxiety or post traumatic stress disorder.
2] Depression, sleep problems, night terrors, hallucinations, thought disorder, alcohol can all be attributable to triggering certain states of mind.
3] Have you had sleep deprevation due to worry or working long periods
4] Financial stress or dietry problems could all be factors worth considering as a cause.
5]Marital dischord maybe?
I do NOT believe your experience is paranormal.

1- There wasn't anything out of the ordinary in that period of my life which could have created anxiety or increase my stress level.
2- I haven't suffered from any of those conditions and nobody in my immediate and extended family either.
3- Nothing out of the ordinary.
4- No financial issues and similar diet as I've always had for most of my life.
5- I was single at that time and in case you may ask, the relationship between my parents and I was excellent.

I'm not trying to affirm that the experience was something paranormal, I only want to know what it was or what could have triggered it. Since I have never had mental issues, hallucinations or thought disorder it is hard for me to compare my experience with someone suffering from these conditions. One thing for sure is that it was very strange and felt totally unnatural.

As I was replying to your comment, I noticed one detail about the experience. The image I was seeing through that "window" seemed like a flat projected image rather than a 3d physical object floating in mid air. The "projected image" would be for exemple like watching an image of an apple on a computer screen versus watching a real apple at the same distance. The image on the screen doesn't have the depth factor which you always see for objects surrounding you. The tunnel I was looking at was lacking that depth factor.

I don't know if this can help making sense out of all this but I just thought it was important to mention it.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
could it have been the same phenomena that occurs while driving for a long period of time while exteemly tired, can't remember what it is called but it's what scientists use to "explain" some ufo encounters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join