It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nail bomb' explosion near school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

'Nail bomb' explosion near school (UK)

news.bbc.co.uk

A nail bomb has exploded underneath a car, believed to belong to a teacher, near a boys' school in Liverpool.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-9-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Breaking story - I am in a hurry but will provide more details shortly

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It wasn't "Breaking News" but here is another thread on the topic - www.abovetopsecret.com... - It sounds personal but if it is then man alive, could it be a kid making a bomb?! Disgruntled parent? Former student?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ah didn't see the previous post. Well thankfully it seems nobody was injured although on Sky news on the TV it says' Police say device could have caused considerable damage and injury'

It is very worrying outside a primary school
. I suppose we will find out more tomorrow.

Sky News Link

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
this makes me not wanting to send my kids to a public school... it's gotta be scary for teachers to think that if you piss a kid off.. he could be plotting to kill you... talk about job stress!

(i vote hazard pay for all teachers!)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Thats exactly what people who do this kind of thing want.

My first guess would be to say it was a local anti-west, very possibly islamic. The fact that it is a catholic school leads me to that although I may very well be wrong.

Hopefully It is an isolated incident and we won't see anything else come from this.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
My first guess would be to say it was a local anti-west, very possibly islamic. The fact that it is a catholic school leads me to that although I may very well be wrong.

If it was a catholic school I'd almost think it was something back to do with the IRA or whoever were against them, but then it's not really like it's The Troubles any more is it?

If it was done by something Islamic, I'd really expect something more well planned, since A) they want to kill all the infidels apparently and B) they wouldn't just put it under someones car.

Note I do not have any hatred of Muslims, I'm just saying thats what I would expect.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yes that's what I thought. I thought IRA at first but it is highly unlikely at this time afterall, all the trouble in Ireland has recently improved considerably.

I say 'local islamic' because it is most likely a 'homegrown' local teenager or something not actually attached to any terrorist organisation but with a need to 'kill the infidels'. It is not that difficult to get info on how to make a bomb and the fact that it didnt cause much damage leads me to believe that it was probably an amateur job.

EDIT to say - I was watching TV while i wrote that and i am aware that I sound like i'm trying to be columbo

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Yes that's what I thought. I thought IRA at first but it is highly unlikely at this time afterall, all the trouble in Ireland has recently improved considerably.

IRA would not bomb a catholic school

Apparently, it was fireworks in a teachers car or something :S

this is the first time I have heard about it.

Although witnesses had said the device was a nail bomb, police described it as an improvised firework-type device.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by infinite]

join