It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot/Yowie - Meateaters or Vegetarians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hi All,

I'm curious as to weather there is proof bigfoot are either vegetarians or meat easters?

I ask due to the recent events that have been brought to light in the rurial/country areas of Aus; increasingly live stock are etiher going missing or the carcass is found completely stripped, there is speculation of wild cats, but whatever is killing seems to be more intellegent, more so we have no proof, images, etc to suggest anything.

So really I'm inclinded to keep an open mind.....

Excuse my ingorance, Im still a novice

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think they are creatures of opportunity as well as being differentiated by region.

In other words they eat what's available with the least amount of effort. From what I have read over the years they tend to feed similar to bears which is primarily vegetarian. However, in some areas they may be more carnivorous than others.

My best guess is 85% veg and 15% meat/fish. Again this is JMO from research and reading.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If they are, as is suppected, related to primates, they are probably omniverous. Scavengers, or oppourtunistic hunters/fishers, 'course they could be grazers, too. Something that large, though, is going to need sources of protein, and the best sources for that is meat. MHO. I suppose it might depend on the region, too.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
i remember reading article somewhere about some bigfoot encounter where the guy stated that he saw bigfoot removing rocks and eating small mammals (or something like that).

when i find the article i'll link it.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
They are most likely omnivorous as said.

The mix of their diet is likely tied to how advanced they are. Chimps eat more meat than Gorillas for example. Humans eat the most meat of any primate.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
ok, here we go. found this site about bigfoot behavior. scroll down to see bigfoot eating habits, and if we believe the witnesses, its omnivorous.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Close to humans with eating habits, but more so closer to vegetarian as it's easier.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ellroy

Interesting stuff, really depends on the situation, or enviroment, so I guess it would be fair to say similiar to humans in some ways, with the exception we dont eat raw meat frequently.

Personally, I remain a skeptic until proven otherwise when it comes to bigfoots, etc,

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by downunder666

In widely believed to be a species of vegatarians. But in Ohio they have been observed following deer with a groups of up to 5. There have also been caves found there that were believed to have been inhabitated by them that contained numerous deer parts. It is a scary thought that something that large and powerful would acquire a taste for meat.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ellroy

Yeah I remember that, Also they are supposed to migrate so that means they are either following vegetation growth or their prey as the prey migrates I'm of the opinion they are omnivorous.

The migration theory might explain why when people hunt for them, and they look in the last known location, they find nothing.
IMHO

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I suspect that given it's sheer size, Sasquatch/Yowie is omniverous. Vegitarian for the most part, but when given the chance will eat meat, in particular, fish. Opportunistic is the phrase I would use...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If migratory, would they also need to follow weather patterns ? or do you believe that each creature in each state is so throughly adapted to it's environment that weather is not an issue ? or does it just stay in its own state ? Would a Florida bigfoot survive in Oregon ? Not that they would travel that far on their migration but if they did have a specific area that they live in would they be able to adapt somewhere else ? I'm sure that when hungry though they, like most creatures, will go for what is availalbe when the urge hits.

Hope that makes sense to what I'm trying to get at. I'm not really finding it easy to put into better words.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cbj845

I suspect that they are migratory in the sense that they require enormous amounts of food. A creature the size of Sasquatch requires a wide range in order to acquire that food...

[edit on 7/10/2008 by seagull]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
I suspect that given it's sheer size, Sasquatch/Yowie is omniverous. Vegitarian for the most part, but when given the chance will eat meat, in particular, fish. Opportunistic is the phrase I would use...

Agreed. Maybe some insects, too, and smaller game like rodents. Takes a lot of food to keep one of those big boys alive.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've never seen one of these myself, but I have a friend who met one face to face; she surprised it while it was going through her garbage.

I seem to remember from watching several Discovery channel specials on the evolution of humans that one of the keys to a bigger brain (i.e. higher intelligence) is more protein in the diet, and that 'we' got smarter as our diet evolved to include more meat.

If we assume, therefore, that these non-human primates have high intelligence, they must include quality protein in their diet. I agree with the idea that they are opportunistic, eating insects and small animals (such as frogs, lizards, etc.) routinely and taking the opportunity to eat a larger animal when it presents itself.

I have read quite a few reports of Bigfoot being spotted on roads or by the side of a road, and I have to wonder if they are there because they will scavenge roadkill. That may seem disgusting on the face of it but, hey, I've heard of humans who will eat fresh roadkill. In fact, I used to work at a Boys' Ranch and remember that the Rangers would bring us deer which had been killed by vehicles and they were prepared and served at our facility.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'd say omnivores. They do eat meat according to this article on the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization:

Deer Kills and Bigfoots

Is it bigfoots or bigfeet

A few days after the bow hunter's incident, his friend, Mike, while sitting in his kitchen, noticed that the entire deer herd was feeding close to the house. He sat at a table and watched the herd through the kitchen window for some time. As the deer browsed quietly, the owner heard a knocking sound coming from a wooded hillside overlooking the field with the deer. The knocking sound, which sounded like a piece of wood being hit against a tree trunk, was answered a moment later by a similar knocking sound coming from a wooded slope closer to his house. A moment after that, from the first hill, he reported hearing a short, loud, growling roar. In response, the deer herd bolted in panic toward the closer tree line -- at the base of the slope from where the answering knock had been heard.

The following day Mike decided to take a walk in the woods with his dog. He hiked up the nearby slope to a gated dirt road leading to a water tank back in the woods. As he walked along that drive he found a couple of manlike footprints, 14" x 6", very clearly imprinted in the mud on the edge of the road. He continued up the road to the water tank with his dog. Once at the tank, his dog wandered into the trees. Mike followed. The dog led him to what appeared to be the recently killed carcass of a young deer...

They apparrently can hunt in tandem with at least one other bigfoot. They target the deer's liver. Target, as in they pull out the guts to get to it and leave the other organs intact.

The article is well written and worth the read. As is most info on that site

top topics

join