It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five People Arrested For Reading The Constitution At A Pro War Rally

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...well its now been proved once and for all, they could at least announce there is no freedom of speech instead or pretending there is whilst arresting anyone for it.

its utterly disgusting. Yeah those code pink protesters are nothing but trouble WTF

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. Sad...but not really surprising is it?. Just more confirmation of how our government does not serve us anymore.

Disgusted? Angry? Not going to take it anymore? See thread below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The police are installed in a country to protect the corporation ie. U.S.A is a corperation. So therefore it is the duty of the poilce to protect their capital gain.

It is shadey I know but it is the world we live in.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
this is way out of hand... the more these cops do this... the more people will resist them and not see them as protectors,but as anti constitution gaurds.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Is there anything else about this or just this one video? I'd like to see what the charges were and what happened before the arrests were made.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

So, I'm rather confused... when you are arrested, don't you have to be informed WHY you are being arrested? If you ask the police directly, "Why am I being arrested? What charges are being placed against me?", do the police not have to give you an answer? Can the police arrest you anytime they want, and then give you reason later, if at all?

This seems to be a trend lately... remember the Florida student that got tasered at the John Kerry forum? He was never given a reason for his arrest either, at least not until he was taken behind the closed doors of the police station.

What the hell is going on??

In the words of our own Dave Rabbit...
FLAG THE MUTHA!!

[edit on 9/20/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well, maybe the police guys are clones.

That's why they can't answer them and that's what is going on

But I agree, it does seem like to be a new trend lately. There's too many videos to support this statement of the new trend being born.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
*SNIP*

But if it's anything like the title says, then..wow. Our police state has arrived. Reading the Constitution is a crime...hmmm. That's a good one.

Go back to watching your reality TV shows now. Nothing to see here.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

The video above IS Reality TV. And the story ends tragically.

Somebody has got some explaining to do... otherwise the public outcry to this travesty will be enormous. Do the cops really want an uprising? If they keep this up, they'll get it...

Fascism

[edit on 9/21/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I know that there is a topic like this already somewhere. I remember because a moderator and a user had a very interesting argument about sarcasm.

Hold on while I try to find it.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Ah, here it is: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems that this topic was made in a different forum, though. As I recall with an argument I had with a moderator not too long ago (do all we ever do is argue here on ATS? lulz), two of the same topics can exist if their in different forums, so I guess that this topic is okay.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Lol, imagine if ATS was the country as a whole.

link   
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsy believe they are free."
- Goethe

This is just sickening. Unless it turns out that the rally was actually a group of ultra violent terrorists with links to al-qaida, I don't see a reason for these peopel to be arrested. Apparently that FBI and police field guide that says people who quote the constitution are terrorists was right. At least none of these people were tasered to death. yet.

----

Here's an apt quote from a German dissident who was one of the last to be arrested. He said:

"When they came for the Jews, I did not speak up, because I was not Jewish. When they came for the Catholics, I did not speak up because I was not Catholic. And, when they came for me, there was no one left to speak up."

Those who do not learn from history are condemned to re-live it
- George Santayana
-----

In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
- Notebook, 1904

-----

No man is safe when freedom fails,
the best man rot in filthy jails,
while those who cried appease appease,
are hung by those they tried to please.

----

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 5,10

link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Oops... didnt see the other one. I'll have to visit...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
OK...we basically have a very uninformative video there with no context and yet all the posters on this thread are taking the individuals statements as to why they were arrested at face value. You're just not getting both sides of the story.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja

Somebody has got some explaining to do...

Like what happened before they got arrested. I sincerely doubt the charge being brought against them is misdemeanor Constitution Reading. It's pretty screwed up they didn't tell them what they were being charged with though.

This is from Code Pink's blog:

Colonel Ann Wright, fed up, jumped over the wall. Many others followed as the crowd became wilder. Two men stood in front on the ledge and chanted as CodePink women joined in attempting to incite the crowd. The police began to pepper spray them and one of the men became violently ill, falling back into the crowd. A couple of CodePinkers were harmed by it as well. Relentless, as he gained back a little strength he pulled himself back up to show he was not defeated. Weak and unstable, though, he fell upon the police and after being handcuffed, had to be carried up the Capitol steps. As the event became more stagnant we decided to head back to the house to prepare for our party that evening.

This is also from their blog (this is from the entry after the one about the rally):

"Okay, if we do anything you don't want in there, would you give us a warning first?" she said. "We don't want to get arrested today. We've got people catching planes tonight."
"We will give you a warning," Hanny replied. "But it's going to be up to you."
"Because sometimes people want to get arrested," she said. "They do what they have to do to get arrested. This is not one of those days."

Bold is my emphasis

There was more than likely more to this than some little old ladies got arrested for reading the Constitution. I noticed that their blog doesn't seem to mention the fact that anyone was arrested for this from their group.

And more from their blog:

As for the 192 demonstrators arrested Saturday, about five were still being detained yesterday because of outstanding warrants in other cases. The others, charged with illegally crossing police lines,

They were arrested for crossing police lines.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PistolPete

Told you you weren't getting both sides of the story. In less free countries, people like this are summarily machine-gunned or crushed with tanks. The police officers handled this in a very professional, appropriate, and legal way.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
well, in light of what has been posted just above, I must retract some of my statements. Oh well, I guess even I can be wrong from time to time,

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Then why didn't the police just openly say that the ladies crosses police lines instead of being dead silent? If they just informed the public that that was the reason they were being arrested, everybody would have calmed down a little.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by damajikninja

In the words of a Mason on the SS forum when I renounced an anti-mason theory I once held: "it takes a big man to say that".

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join