It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five People Arrested For Reading The Constitution At A Pro War Rally

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I guess they just didn't want some sort of media circus. You know, give 'em the silent treatment, they won't have anything to latch onto and start arguing with you.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Yep,
time's up.

Can't people see what's happening when mothers and grandmothers are being handcuffed and stuffed in the back of paddy wagons like common criminals for simply disagreeing in public fashion with our government?

Did you see when the camera man asked the first cop if this is the way thing were going to be from now on, and the cop nodded his head?

Shame on the cops for even following orders like this. But if they'll follow orders, others will too. It's trained into them. Brotherhood.

Movement, I believe, is stronger than the government ever realized though. It's just getting started.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is Utter Blasphemy Where the heck is the world going when you cant even exercise your first amendment of the constistution which the officers who are arresting these people are sworn to protect. This is Redunculous, so ludacris I have to make a new word for it! This is the foreshadow of what is to come. I pray you all be protected...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PistolPete

You hit it on the nail PistolPete there is/was far more to it then what they showed in the video and watching the video clearly shows the whole thing was staged to make the police look bad.

It is real easy to show them at the van but that is not the crime scene that took place out of view of the camera who alleged they just arrived on the scene (yeah right and if you believe that bs I have a desert in Alaska for sale)

Now with that said, I wish I could have been there to see it happen and get the whole picture not just the part they wanted to show which only makes the police look bad.

Does anyone have a media account of the event? My guess is it may contain more factual information that lead up to the encounter but I could be wrong.

For the record what I meant by the above is I am not going to jump on the bad ole cop police state bs until I know what really lead up to their arrests.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Im torn on this one. Part of me thinks this is Police State Stuff, the other part says that this video was creativily edited to skew the point of view in favor of the the Pink Ladies. Unless we actually see what happened before the arrests, we wont know if it is Police State Stuff, or the Police really having to remove trouble makers.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
"Does anyone have a media account of the event? My guess is it may contain more factual information that lead up to the encounter but I could be wrong. "

Yes, because the media is clearly unbiased as far as protesting, look at all that coverage on CNN.

*eyeroll*

I think this is appauling and anyone arresting protesters for simply stating their opinions doesnt deserve to wear that badge. This is how they keep you in your house huddled by the TV quiet, like they want you to be. It seems young people these days dont even care about rights and would rather be led then lead .

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Directed to Shots; If it was staged, why wouldn't the police answer? They were questioned about why these women were being taken, without being read rights nor being charged for anything? this seems too fishy to be staged.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think all of you need read the patriot act again.

They dont have to tell you anything.
And miranda rights are no longer required as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by parry noid
Directed to Shots; If it was staged, why wouldn't the police answer? They were questioned about why these women were being taken, without being read rights nor being charged for anything? this seems too fishy to be staged.

How do you know they were not told their rights? We only saw the part where they put them in the van nothing that let up to it.

Yes I understand what they are claiming but we have only the word of the tape which is clearly biased. As I stated I would like to see a parts of the picture before I pass judgement.

The police standing by while others loading individuals into vans may not know what the charges are and that alone could explain why they kept their mouths shut. In fact I believe the police are under no obligation to tell any Media/ alleged media what the charges ae until they are officially filed in the court house. I also believe the police can detain anyone for up to 72 hours without officially charging and even tht varies by state Rhode Island says they can be detained for two hours

Temp Detention

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Erikthared

That is odd because code Pinks blog clearly said they were arrested for crossing a Police line and not what you claim.

The others, charged with illegally crossing police lines,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ahh it's all much clearer now Shots, Thanks for clearing it up. I didn't know they could do that. But even still, what would they charge them with if indeed it is what they are claiming? And couldn't these women sue the city if they were subdue'd for no reason?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
this pisses me off

I dont care what the charges where at this point, they are probably all BS anyways. I want to know why all the police just stood there silent and ignored the publics questions? Have they answered them yet?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BobbyDidgital

Originally posted by BobbyDidgital
this pisses me off

I dont care what the charges where at this point, they are probably all BS anyways. I want to know why all the police just stood there silent and ignored the publics questions? Have they answered them yet?

The police did not answer the questions because they were under no obligation to answer them at that point in time. The police that were standing there may have been called in for backup, and maybe they had no idea what the actual charges were.

At the proper point, when charges are filed, the info will be made available to the public. But the police are under no obligation to answer any old question the public shouts out to them, although they just might answer them if you ask them real nice-like.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Me thinks some people just jump in to comment on how bad cops are all the time wihout taking time to read the replies that might suggest a possible reason they the police acted as they did. If I were a cop standing on a curb 2 three, four, five 9 hundred feet away from You sure as all hell would not get me to comment either.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seridium

listen to Dead Kennedys kinky sex makes the world go round

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You know...I always find it funny when protestors get arrested and everyone gets into an uproar over it. More than likely what's happening is the person is breaking the law or things are getting out of hand and the police ensure people aren't getting hurt.

There are probably hundreds of rallys and protests going on around the country right now that you'll never know about because no one is doing anything to get themselves thrown in jail. Hell, on a Saturday afternoon every major college campus in the country has some kind of protest going on. I've been to a number of them and I've never seen anyone get arrested. It really isn't a regular occurence. Unless you're trying to go to jail.

People should try living in a small town that's "protected" by a local police force. If it weren't for harassing people these guys wouldn't have anything else to do. And that's not by edict of the government, it's just that they have power and they're bored.

Edit: grammar

[edit on (9/21/0707 by PistolPete]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Nice BS headline, Subby.

So, if I have the alleged story straight, nobody knows why Grandma was busted but that doesn't stop Subby from proclaiming, "Five People Arrested For Reading The Constitution"

I think some moderation is needed on flame-bait headlines like this. Otherwise, this place will turn into a dump like FARK.com.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PistolPete

I don't see anything to confirm that the video posted in the OP is the same protest in which quotes were taken from the CodePink Blog.

If anything it seems to confirm that they are not the same event. In the video the portesters are at a Pro-War rally in which several representatives were speaking.

In the CodePink Blog the protesters were at an Anti-War rally. In the Blog 192 protesters were arrested or detained. In the video only 5. There was no evidence that pepper spray was used in the video as in the blog event. There are no dates on the video to confirm the dates of the blog rally.

Was this an attempt to derail the thread or am I'm missing corrobarating evidence.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Because of the lack of evidence to link the blog to the video, I'll assume that these were different events and thus, these people were arrested for reading the Constitution.

Let me remind everyone ... this is the Oath of Office all police are sworn to uphold:

“I swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the State of [Name of State] and support the Constitution and laws thereof; and that I will, to the best of my skill and judgment diligently and faithfully, without partiality or prejudice, execute the office of police officer according to the Constitution and laws of this State.”

Indeed it would seem that a Police State is well underway in this country.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

After looking a little deeper, you may be right. They're two different events. The gentleman speaking at the end of the video spoke about a veteran being arrested and so does the blog, I linked the two but they weren't the same veteran. Also the sky in the video and the pictures on the blog are similar. These things lead me to believe that the events were related. I also assumed that the protest was in response to the pro-war rally. I apologize for posting incorrect info, I assumed too much. And I'm still not 100% sure it's not the same day.

However, the rest of the info from their blog is relevant. They state that their purpose is to get arrested sometimes, and if you look a couple pages deeper into it, they do quite often. Also, if someone from their group was arrested for reading the Constitution, they would have capitalized on that fact. They do not.

If you look at part two of this video, which is an interview with a Code Pink member, she states that some of them started chanting something at the pro-war rally. The lady reading the Constitution was part of this group. She also says that the police asked them to stop and they didn't. If you go to any gathering and attempt to disrupt it, you're going to get arrested. It doesn't matter if you're an old lady or not.

Saying that anyone was arrested for reading the Constitution is just hyperbole.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join