It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu breaks Israeli silence over Syria strike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
answer this question

what would be the response if a country bombed Israel because of `suspected`WMD`s?.

they would get attacked right back

hypocracy

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Another report here stateing that the US was informed before this raid took place and that it followed a delivery from north korea.

The Israeli attack came three days after a North Korean ship docked at the Syrian port of Tartus carrying a cargo officially listed as cement.

What interest's me though is why is everyone keeping quiet? is it the US putting pressure on Isreal to keep quiet until they have gotten north korea to disarm or did the raid fail?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I would think by now that the US would have had a major "KODAK" moment over the entire area if it were uncertain what happened. Maybe a smaller one if we had prior notification from Israel to comfirm success.

Wouldn't there also be other indicators that could be used to verify something happened? Seismic anomalies? Airborne traces of explosives or chemicals in the atmosphere? Stuff like that.

2PacSade-

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot
What interest's me though is why is everyone keeping quiet?

Because nothing significant happened. Like the post above me mentioned, if there was anything significant, don't you they they'd have made a big hoo-ha about it? It was probably an attempt to disable Syrian air-defences that went south (back into Israel).

Syria is playing it smart. They know Israel is looking for a fight. As long as they don't do anything stupid, the world (except for the US) will continue to look at Israel as the aggressor. Why wouldn't they? Remember Lebanon?

The only thing Israel has got going for them in this fiasco is the power of the western main stream media to whitewash this thing and make it look like it was an attack on "Syrian WMDs".

Syria had nuclear facilities? Prove it.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

You re just making guesses and speculations, friend. You cannot provide ANY solid proof that ANYTHING was destroyed.

Originally posted by kacou

"It seems to be pretty common knowledge that the Syrians have had an active chemical and biological warfare program for many years."
Which knowledge you referring to? western media!
This is all speculation from the media, because they have nothing so they have to make up story.

Israel send some fighters over Syrian air space. Point.
Syrian air force chased them out. Point.
We know nothing more. Point.

Kacou

That pretty much sums up all the relevant info we have at the moment. Nicely done, Kacou. Short and accurate!

My opinion still stands - if some Syrian object got destroyed, they would use use media carped bombing against the Israel. No inspections or anything alike, just media campaign. I find that bad guy-police analogy of yours flawed. Like it or nor, Syria is still sovereign country.

A question for people pointing out connection of arrival of N. Korean ship to Syria with this incident - could you provide any serious info to corroborate this claim? If not, it should be discussed in the 'Skunkworks', IMO.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Duby78]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
kacou

Here is an interesting white paper written by a Syrian. I have no way of substantiating any of his information as I do not have access to anyone in the intelligence business, but in light of the accepted premise that Israel has nuclear weapons I would be very confident in believing that Syria has chemical or biological weapons.

cns.miis.edu...

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well, one can assume Syria has chemical and/or biological weapons in their arsenal. It's more then possible, IMO. But it is not the issue we're talking about in this thread. We're talking about the alleged Israeli raid.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join