It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think heaven is like?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I heard from the saints that Gods joy will effect all the senses. Hear the best music, smell the greatest smells, see Gods beauty ect...

Since God made women and man and even the idea of Beauty. Beauty is a reality. So can you even imagine Gods beauty?

I think thats why in the Ot it says.

" No man shall look on me and live "

An eternity of hapiness of joy with family and God. I wish the innocent animals could be their, but who knows....

Its ok to suffer here alittle you christians, because what we have in store is unimaginable.

Likewise I believe hell, as the saints have said is horrible.

Everybody will be hidiously ugly, impossible to look at, because their evil souls reflects their faces in hell.

They will smell bad, reflecting their stench of evil.

They will not walk as the saints have said.

If you notice that laziness is a sign of dead hearts, of someone with know love or dilligence. So what do lazy people do who give up in life?

Stay still. No motivation. I believe this is what the saints meant.

They will scream horribly and blaspheme God.

Their states of soul will be so bad that if they had a chance to convert, they would not want too worshiop God still.

Also I think thats why God made the center of the earth fire, lava.

In the Ot it says the earth opened up and swalloed men, into the center of the earth. Thats why fire is there I suppose.

(Christians) what do you think heaven to be like?

Peace.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
heaven, or what i could consider heaven will be like outer space

i'll have complete free-will. it will be amazing

i'll be able to go anywhere in the universe i want in the blink of an eye.

i'll be able to talk to anyone i want to whenever i want to.

it's going to be sweet

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
i'd say that your heaven would be my hell, as some of the greatest people in history will be in your hell suffering because they didn't believe.

oscar wilde
einstein
gandhi

just to name 3

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
God wants you to have free will, but with the acknowldgement of him as creator as a child.

Madness, the heaven I talk about is your hell? please dont say that.

Eternity with family and God in complete joy we cant even imagine, I dont know how thats hell. Oh and this dead heart of mine filled with Gods.

The senses is just something that comes with it. All those things without love dont exist.

anybody else?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

how could you possibly enjoy that when you know billions of people are suffering eternally just because they chose not to believe in your deity?

how could you possibly be happy when gandhi, someone who is probably greater than anyone here on ATS, is suffering?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
i think heaven is like, very IMAGINARY...

best way i can describe it

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
" Greater than anybody here on ats "
Good sign of humility.

Madness. I, (if) I make it, I actually feel worse than you madness but I dont know how to explain this. I will be happy because Im with God.

Everybody in hell has chosen it. Now Ghandi I dont believe he is with Christ. I dont know what was in his mind but I do believe Christ is God and that Christ said.

" If you do not believe that I am he, you shall die in your sins "

I wish to God Ghandi was in heaven, but that only God knows and him only.

At the judgement seat everybody will be gathered together that was ever created and will be judged, and the saints said God will show everybody clearly was graces were rejected and accepted and each mans heart will be shown whats in it.

God made the heart, he loves souls to death, and he will reveal it after death.

after someone dies, the world sorrows for a while, and then people are forgotten very quikly and happiness returns.

Because whoever is in hell is not going to take away from the angels happiness, its what we are created for, to be happy.

Its why God made laughter and joy.

The only reason we care for anybody is because of Gods grace. So he wont let one of his go to hell.

" they chose not to believe your diety "

If he is true, and you dont want to believe, does that make him not true?

God is god, whether I believe or anybody, he will remain true nomatter what. But the ones who sincerily dont be;lieve, I believe will convert.

peace.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
" Greater than anybody here on ats "
Good sign of humility.

...yes, it's a sign of humility to raise GANDHI above myself.

Madness. I, (if) I make it, I actually feel worse than you madness but I dont know how to explain this. I will be happy because Im with God.

i don't feel better or worse than anyone on ATS, i just feel that certain people, like gandhi, are better than the rest.

Everybody in hell has chosen it. Now Ghandi I dont believe he is with Christ. I dont know what was in his mind but I do believe Christ is God and that Christ said.

" If you do not believe that I am he, you shall die in your sins "

that's sad, cause it's incredibly UNJUST. what about the millions that lived between the dawn of humans and the birth of jesus?
how about all the people that lived in parts of the world unexposed to your religion even after that?

Because whoever is in hell is not going to take away from the angels happiness, its what we are created for, to be happy.

how can you be happy when gandhi is being tortured?
how can you be happy while einstein is being tortured?
how can you be happy while marie curie is suffering?

hell, how can you be happy about heaven while anyone is in hell?

" they chose not to believe your diety "

If he is true, and you dont want to believe, does that make him not true?

there isn't anything to show that he is true...

God is god, whether I believe or anybody, he will remain true nomatter what. But the ones who sincerily dont be;lieve, I believe will convert.

...again, how can you prove that your god is true?
all you have is your belief.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Can we make some headway? Remember faith? That's the answer to why and how we believe... so... back to the topic. I believe heaven is void of all negativity. No shadows due to the glory and light of God.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This thread reminded me of Field of Dreams:

Shoeless Joe Jackson: "Is this Heaven?"

Ray: "No.......it's Iowa!"

Heaven was playing baseball to Shoeless Joe.
I'm getting verklempt!

Anyways, I don't know, I'll find out when I get there.

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Now I have had various dreams of heaven, and I'll tell you what I saw and felt in them without giving any of my own opinions of what heaven is like.

You do not have to breathe, and you feel no pain. There is this warm feeling in your body, it is God's love. It is so strong, that it's better than sex. The people are pure, their personality is perfect and good. In fact, it is so perfect that we humans on earth, have never experienced anything like it. So those people would be regarded as weird and too friendly in our society. And also, everyone is always happy to see you. And you feel so peaceful, that you cannot possible feel like that as much on Earth.

Entertainment is different in heaven. It is not like anything we have here on earth. But unfortunately I cannot explain clearly what it's like. So I'll just say it's better.

There are great structures with great views looking down at nature. The view is so great, that when I was on one of them, I couldn't stop adoring it. I also wished over and over that we could build structures like that on earth.

And lastly, there are no bugs.

After dreaming all of this, I conclude that heaven is worth it. And everyone should change and become good people to go to it.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wildcat

The lowly bug... I enjoy the bug. Bug is a weird word. Sorry about this.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I have to add my comment to wildcat's.

I had a dream one time years ago, where I was floating in reddish-orange clouds, pure consciousness, and the feeling was one of pure joy and contentment.

There was a feeling, like being in the presence of a 'supreme being', and no sense of wanting anything, and a feeling as though this could go on forever and it would be OK; no need for 'things' or 'variety'.

It really gave me a sense of what it might be like to be in a type of 'heaven'. There were no thoughts, just visualizing 'flying' through the clouds.

I remember being quite disappointed when the dream ended,

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

i was quite on topic with certain points.

like, how can you enjoy heaven when so many others are suffering for something as trivial as their beliefs, regardless of how amazing of a person they were?

i mean, honestly, in the last 300 years, i don't think anyone would fit the mold of "christlike" as well as gandhi did. how can you feel bliss knowing he has been suffering?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Man, what are you talking about?

Where did I say anything about religious beliefs? Where did anyone mention specifically adhering to the Christian belief of Heaven and Hell.

I don't particularly happen to believe in hell. (nor, in heaven)

You're blinded by your own prejudices, and using them to judge others.

Believe me Gandhi can fend for himself.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The same way not paying your bills feels. Or how it feels when strippers you used to date finally stop calling you to get back all the things they bought you. That has to be exactly what it's like. See you guys in hell.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

well, i wasn't addressing you in particular, i was more addressing JiT and om

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
My cousin Virgil was struck by lightning while playing the 10th hole at the Lincoln County Municipal Golf course and was Killed. But the para medics gave him cpr and resuscitated him.

I said, "Virgil you was dead, did you go to heaven or hell?"

"Heaven" replied Virgil.

"What did it look like", says I.

Virgil studied a minute and says......."Mexico."

Virgil never lied!!

[edit on 21-9-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
" No bugs "

I love that, because I am alittle scared of them.

Madness, the last years before Christ just men were held in limbo. A place where they were held, thats not heaven, only until Chrsit came. Then they were introduced into heaven.

Understanding is a grace. My brother has an idea of heaven.

he said, what will we do there? sit around in white rooms doing nothing?

In his ever arrogant tone. I love him still. But you see he doesnt have any understanding of the joy we cant even imagine.

Now madness, we were created to be happy.

Only unjust souls will be in hell. You will have to wait until after death to see this.

Trust me God will judge all injustice, the ones who creat aids virsus and start wars to bring about NWO.

No just will be held from converting. I believe this with all my heart. God who is justice itself.

Ive seen his grace work in my life, and trust me I dont care for anything without him, his grace, ive experienced it intensly.

" How do you have proof "

what ive seen you have not seen. You will see what I mean after death. The trintiy is literally implanted on our bodies, and the 2000 years of historical miraqcles of the church and saints.

I believe in them.

Youll just have to wait until death to see his justice at the seat. And books will be open.

Now Ghandi believed in a God. So would you not call him deluded? Or are you praising him for his works?

wildcat.

That feirce love ive felt. I have not felt it for 2 years, but it enetered into me several times, and ive writen down each time ive felt it and it is an intense fire.

Its incredible, and it distinguishes all lust and shallowness and pride.

people will be innocent and just.

yes yes, I understand this and its true.

Like in the 50s how some people talked like kids and there was more innocence. Today that stuff is made fun of, but the childlikeness is gone today.

also some people like to disguise love by a familiar attitude always like eddie hascal? I cant spell.

But they try and get on your good side, they try and make best freinds with everybody for gains sake.

Those type, not always, but sometimes run on a pride.

But the love im talking about which you mentioned wildcat, is a feeling inside so deep that it goes beyond the shallowness the world thinks is love, not all the world though.

I think thats why God says.

" the sensual man perceiveth not the things of the spirit, for it is foolish to him and he does not understand it "

Most men I know anyways are sensual more the spiritual.

Oh and read my signature st gemma. she was an innocent childlike angel.

peace.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
What do you think heaven is like?

Love

Peace

Joy

Warmth

Light

Radiance

Quiet