It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think heaven is like?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
reply to post by wildcat

The lowly bug... I enjoy the bug. Bug is a weird word. Sorry about this.

Or should I of said insects?

Insects are too disgusting to make it in to heaven.

-except butterflies

oh yeah and flies were made by the devil

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yes I know, makes you don't want to wake up.

Those two dreams did seem like any other dream. But the feelings, peacefulness and christian themes made me think it was heaven.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

JiT, you've repeatedly pointed out that going to heaven isn't about being just, it's about being faithful. a serial rapist can get into heaven if he repents and sincerely accepts god, right?
but gandhi, a just man, cannot get in because of his religious persuasion.
einstein, a just man, can't get in because he had no religion
marie curie, a just woman, can't get in because she had no religion

what about buddha?
would buddha be in heaven? he taught almost all of the non-religious things jesus taught 300 years before jesus, would that put buddha in heaven?

what about the people that had no exposure to jesus after jesus came?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
cotton candy clouds ... white silk robes and tupac.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Madness, if the rapest confessed, did (major penance) (thats why we have purgatory), and confessed to (do it no more).

confession and repentance is not valid unless in your heart you will not do it against, firm purpose of amemdment.

than yes he can make it.

I used to throw things at my mother when angry, not heavy things but I was a bad kid and lazy.

but his grace has completely changed me. I have way more love then when I was a kid. (his) grace is good, not me nor you.

God is the only one who watches a souls life from birth to death. I would think he would not want that soul to perish right?

I believe that every just person will not be damned, and I believe that the ones who have not heard of God will by his grace.

God does not teach impossibilities.

Jesus says.

" I wish that all men might be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth "

You will have to wait until death to see his justice, which believe me, it will be done.

peace.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
On Topic

To me it is .......

Well it's knowing everything...

It's being there to worship The Lord in person....

It's meeting Jesus

Beauty beyond compare

Takes your breath away to imagine it

Semper

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Heaven is when 3rd impact occurs and Lilith rises from the earth and everyone's A.T. fields collapse and we all collapsed into LCL fluid and all our consciences become one in the sea of life.

...no, really.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

but you're ignoring part of my point... gandhi, the christlike guy, doesn't get to go to heaven.
and what about buddha? does he get to go to heaven?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

but you're ignoring part of my point... gandhi, the christlike guy, doesn't get to go to heaven.
and what about buddha? does he get to go to heaven?

madness, it's not worth it.

They'll continue to think the way they do; arguing does nothing.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Madness. I dont know Ghandi or bhuddas heart.

God knows whats in the heart, not me. If you are a believer you have to trust in Gods justice who is justice itself.

God knows what was in Bhuddas heart and he has been judged, I dont know if he converted or not.

At the end where the bible says.

" And there was no place for them, they were judged according to their works and whoever was not in the book of life was cast out "

I think we will be standing in space without earth.

But at this moment, you will see why whoever is in hell is there, and likewise heaevn.

Not one single of Gods children are going to be in hell, its a place of justice, not of injustice.

God knows the ones you mentioned hearts not me. But I garuntee you that whatever the judgement was, that it is just.

God is a million times more just than any judge in the world, since he is goodness and love itself.

we will see after death.

peace.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
On the assumption it exists, quite dull.

I mean, sure, gods eternal glory, legions of angels, lost family and friends etc. Wonderful. Fantastic.

But then what?

I mean, that it, isn't it? For all eternity. No challenges left, no adventure, nothing risky....I'd be bored witless, I tell you.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
But what if heaven has a beach with lots of topless babes, and nice little bars where they make heavenly margaritas and free corona. No cell phones, or dogs barking at 3am, where people always use their turn signals, and everyone smiles with a cheery "what's up bro" and diets actually work, and no one calls you a moron, and they always give you your correct change,

Actually it could be heaven on Earth if people weren't such morons.

let's start a heaven on Earth movement on ATS. Gotta start somewhere...

I'll start by stopping calling people morons. I promise!!

But I can't promise that I won't call you something else.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Madness. I dont know Ghandi or bhuddas heart.

God knows whats in the heart, not me. If you are a believer you have to trust in Gods justice who is justice itself.

God knows what was in Bhuddas heart and he has been judged, I dont know if he converted or not.

so buddha would have had to convert to a relgion that came about 300 years after his death...
and if he were alive after jesus, his geographical situation would have inhibited his religious options.

At the end where the bible says.

" And there was no place for them, they were judged according to their works and whoever was not in the book of life was cast out "

I think we will be standing in space without earth.

But at this moment, you will see why whoever is in hell is there, and likewise heaevn.

Not one single of Gods children are going to be in hell, its a place of justice, not of injustice.

but you're defining "god's children" as those who follow a religion.
where did jesus say "now go out and make this a religion"?

now, if gandhi, a spiritual person but not a christian, isn't in heaven just because he didn't believe in jesus, is that just?

God knows the ones you mentioned hearts not me. But I garuntee you that whatever the judgement was, that it is just.

God is a million times more just than any judge in the world, since he is goodness and love itself.

tell that to sodom and gomorrah or the midianites.
he wasn't very just to them.

what you're actually saying is that god judge's according to what you believe.. which isn't just.
judging you by your actions would be just.

we will see after death.

such an arrogant assumption.
have i once told you that you will not see after death because you'll just be rotting in the ground?
nope... not once. but that's what makes the most sense to the best of my knowledge. i just don't make the assumption that it's necessarily the truth, just the closest to the truth we can get with available evidence.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Madness,

I am going to go off topic for a second, hopefully no MOD will spank me for it..LOL

As far as your questions go, I have heard them before and they are a legitimate concern to many...

Having studied the New Testament, here is my take on it. (I am NOT an expert mind you)

The bible says that all that lived prior to Jesus, and/or were in no position to receive and understand His blessing, will be "Brought Back" and given the chance to accept redemption some time after the Second Coming.

John said those not resurrected at the time of Jesus' return ("the rest of the dead") will live again at the end of the Millennium: "But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished" (Revelation 20:5).

Jesus spoke of a future time of judgment when all will understand His teachings. He described a time during which people from all generations will live and be judged at the same time: "Then He began to upbraid the cities in which most of His mighty works had been done, because they did not repent: 'Woe to you Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you'" (Matthew 11:20-24).

In similar examples, Jesus refers to the long-dead people of Nineveh, to the queen of the south of Solomon's time and even to ancient Sodom and Gomorrah, the epitome of wickedness (Matthew 10:14-15; 12:41-42). He doesn't tolerate perversion and sinfulness, but He has not finished working in their lives. The people from those generations lived and died without having the opportunity to learn of God and His plan to offer the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ.

Jesus described a time during which people from all past ages will live at the same time. Together they will come to understand the truth about who Christ was and the purpose of life. Those from different generations will find it remarkable that the people of Jesus' time rejected Him.

Christ Teachings

As far as the "Heavenly" people you may mention that do not, or did not follow the teachings of Christ, here you are using "Human" principles in an attempt to understand a mandate from God...

After the Lord Jesus Christ came, as the Son of God and God on earth, He made it clear....

He died for our sins
He was resurrected to continue to live in our hearts as Christians...

It is clear in what he said..

'No one comes before the Father except through Me'
John 14:6-9

Prior to Jesus and John the Baptist, The Lord carried on personal relationships with people here on earth, that all changed then...

So no matter how evil or saintly "WE" may think someone is or was, in all reality You nor I really know their heart. Only The Lord does.... And if it is in their heart to accept Jesus as their personal savior, even on the death bed of an evil person, they will see heaven

Evil and good are manmade concepts that can not apply to God..... This also carries over to "US" not being able to understand his motives. He is God after all...

It is also much more than Faith....

I know that many can not, but I can look around me at the perfection that is the universe and KNOW, without a doubt, KNOW that it was created.. To me it is simple common sense and not explainable in any other way..

I know that others do not see this, but that does not diminish it to me in any way

I hope this helps...

Semper

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
God is just Madness, your just to arrogant to sincerily try and understand him. He created love and put it in our hearts.

If you believe in God and stil put yourself over him, your running on pride. He loves all souls to death.

What I mean about (youll) see. Is that I know he exist for things you havent witnessed, and you will see at the judgement seat that he is just and good in all his decisions.

I cant wait.

Jesus did make his church. Its referenced in all gospels and acts. He said baptism in the name of the father son and holy Ghost.

three three Godhead which is implanted on our chest and stomach.

Jesus is God. 1 John says.

" and the word was with God from the beggining, and was God, and was (made) flesh and dwelt among us "

This is what Christianity is.

Thats why the winds obeyed him in the storm with the apostles. He came as a servant as talked about in phillipians but was God.

this is what we believe.

having said that, he would have existed before the world began, which the bible also says, which would put him years beyond Ghandi.

Since you think we rot at the end, then you would think Ghandis mislead as well, so dont act like your defending Bhudda.

you just want to deny Christ, because you know deep down if you accepted him and his miracles, you would have to become spiritual.

Ive posted acouple of miracles I have seen already, the trinity implanted on the body, all the body parts you know in your heart were created for the purpose I explained they were.

will you give anything a chance?

Even my brother marvels at the miracles me and him have seen, and hes a senual player who is a huge sinner.

i myself am a greater sinner than you.

Now, does anybody have any thoughts on what heaven is like?

peace.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
SPlease forgive me christians who the post was supposed to be for in positiveness, for madness highjacking it.

Oh and Madness I would give you all qoutes but I have little time. please respond to one qoute at a time out of my post.

I can alread tell this post will go in circles and circles and the original topic is ruined.

peace.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
But what if heaven has a beach with lots of topless babes, and nice little bars where they make heavenly margaritas and free corona. No cell phones, or dogs barking at 3am, where people always use their turn signals, and everyone smiles with a cheery "what's up bro" and diets actually work, and no one calls you a moron, and they always give you your correct change,

Actually it could be heaven on Earth if people weren't such morons.

Its possible, but I doubt many of the major religions would approve. They're abit...stuffy at times. At least with Discordianism I get to taunt my foes after I die, and a decent bar, as an explicit deal.

Well, yes. But again, those big religions seem to favour the "suffer now, reward later" stye of management.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Oh yeah, Kaliayev..........

Actually, the Church of the SubGenius *IS* a real religion; the fact that
it involves humor, makes people believe that it's a joke. Truthfully,
the fact that it involves more humor than guilt explains a lot of its
effectiveness ...

[edit on 28-9-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
first i'm going to say that semp handled my queries well. though i really already know the answers to many of them and i knew the info provided, what's the fun in not seeing how and why others believe what they believe?

God is just Madness, your just to arrogant to sincerily try and understand him. He created love and put it in our hearts.

where have i been arrogant?
i'm actually quite sincere. i SINCERELY tried to believe.

If you believe in God and stil put yourself over him, your running on pride. He loves all souls to death.

well... i don't believe in god.
i'm not putting myself over anyone. hell, i put myself below people in this thread.

What I mean about (youll) see. Is that I know he exist for things you havent witnessed, and you will see at the judgement seat that he is just and good in all his decisions.

you don't actually "know"
you claim to know. when, in fact, you are agnostic (without knowledge)
you are an agnostic theist posing as a gnostic (not to be confused with the christian sect of the same name) theist. you believe you have knowledge, but you just have assumption

you're the one being arrogant, not me. i'm saying "i don't know, but here's what i THINK"
you're saying "this is what i believe, and i know it's true"

I cant wait.

such sadistic pride.

Jesus did make his church. Its referenced in all gospels and acts. He said baptism in the name of the father son and holy Ghost.

...i'm quite sure that jesus wasn't around in acts. and john the baptist was the guy that performed baptisms, jesus not once performed one.

jesus doesn't tell his followers "go out and set up an organization"
and honestly, if he really wanted to found a religion, don't you think he would've written the book himself?

three three Godhead which is implanted on our chest and stomach.

...yeah, i've read your theory. it's kind of silly, can't lie about that.

Jesus is God. 1 John says.

" and the word was with God from the beggining, and was God, and was (made) flesh and dwelt among us "

This is what Christianity is.

...yeah, the trinity just doesn't make any sense (you'll give me something about how god is beyond understanding, i know this, but it's a false argument). any attempts to

Thats why the winds obeyed him in the storm with the apostles. He came as a servant as talked about in phillipians but was God.

well, that's why the bible says the winds obeyed him... you can't really prove that they did.

this is what we believe.

(emphasis added)
exactly, you believe. you don't know.

having said that, he would have existed before the world began, which the bible also says, which would put him years beyond Ghandi.

now you're confusing gandhi and buddha.

Since you think we rot at the end, then you would think Ghandis mislead as well, so dont act like your defending Bhudda.

i may have thought he was mislead, but i still think he's a great person (though that one quote about hitler was a bit dumb)
and buddha i'm pointing out because all of the good teachings of jesus were said by him 300 years earlier, and some of those teachings were said by confuscius even early than that.

you just want to deny Christ, because you know deep down if you accepted him and his miracles, you would have to become spiritual.

quite the myth about atheists. i had no problems being spiritual earlier in my life, i just see no sense in it now.

i don't just deny jesus, i deny buddha too (though i admire some of their words anyway), i deny vishnu, amaterasu, odin, the great spirit, zeus, osiris, baal, and a whole host of other deities that you also deny

what you just told me is the same as me saying "you just want to deny islam because you wouldn't want to eat halal"

Ive posted acouple of miracles I have seen already, the trinity implanted on the body,

MM pointed out exactly how that wasn't a miracle.

all the body parts you know in your heart were created for the purpose I explained they were.

first off, you said the butt was for sitting, the glutes actually help in standing, as someone pointed out to you.

and no, i don't know they were "created" i'm quite sure they evolved to fit that purpose
honestly, why won't you accept evolution?
aren't you a catholic?

were you aware that a catholic priest first proposed the big bang theory?

will you give anything a chance?

get this into your head, as i've told you it repeatedly.
I
GAVE
IT
A
CHANCE
a two year chance.

Even my brother marvels at the miracles me and him have seen, and hes a senual player who is a huge sinner.

well, i haven't seen any. i also haven't seen any proof.

i myself am a greater sinner than you.

i don't believe in sin, i believe in right and wrong. sin is a concept of wrong without looking at consequence.

Now, does anybody have any thoughts on what heaven is like?

yes, it's not very good.
it's an eternity of the same thing
a lack of adventure and risk
it's complacency to the most extreme
it's boring

that's how i'd see it, from the postulate that it exists

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

SPlease forgive me christians who the post was supposed to be for in positiveness, for madness highjacking it.

i hijacked it by questioning the concepts and occupants of heaven? i hijacked it by sticking to the subject matter?
i hijacked it by pointing out exactly how i'd feel about your version of heaven?
honestly, it's a theological discussion, it's open to everyone, not just christians. hell, christians aren't the only ones with a concept of heaven.

Oh and Madness I would give you all qoutes but I have little time. please respond to one qoute at a time out of my post.

bible quotes aren't what you need to win an argument, reason and logic are. your arguments seem to be lacking in those

I can alread tell this post will go in circles and circles and the original topic is ruined.

so discussing the concept of heaven in a thread about heaven is ruining the topic?
i mean, it's not like i'm saying "no, heaven doesn't exist" and arguing that, i'm just arguing theologically against your form of heaven.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join