It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Idol 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just curious to see how many of you are watching American Idol this year ?

I have tuned in for the first two nights. It's absolutely hillarious how upset these people get when they're told NO !

I know I can't sing, so I would never even attempt something like an AI audition.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I am...mostly because Wendy watches it...

It's amazing how bad some of these people are, and yet they just can't believe it when they are told how much they suck, hehe....

What's really funny, is that during his audition, Clay Aiken said he was good enough to win, at least number 2....

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Did you see the kid who said he was "like Clay Aiken" ?

I actually felt a little sorry for him, but at least he took it well and still felt good about himself.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yep, but some of them have no business being up there either, hehe....

I think the show would be better if it was just auditions all of the time....that stage of the competition is hysterical...
(and it's the only part I actually watch closely)....

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i olny watch the beginnign ones where they rip apart the people who cant sing and make total asses of them selves. but once they get all the contestants slected its boring.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I saw my first one the other night and couldn't believe how bad those people sing.

Then someone would seem actually good to me, and they would trash his/her voice, when you know they were just too fat, too old, etc.

Then some boobilicious hottie would yodel and they let her in. It's kind of a joke. I guess that's the point.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
this sort of delusion is the kind you'll see in all aspects of human life and society.

people love to think they are so wonderful/talented/great/smart/witty/perfect and when someone tells them they're wrong, not talented, not intelligent as they think or believe themselves to be then they blow up get mad and act like children,.

i see it on this board all the time.

some people simply cant sing, some people are not thin, some people are not attractive, some people are less intelligent than others, so what? why is it so important that we fool ourselves into thinking we can do something we really cant and probably shouldnt be doing to begin with?

i did watch AI this week and the one girl who's parents were practially soaking their panties over how wonderful their little girl was about made me puke. as a parent i'd like to think my children have talents/skills but not to the point that i think they are perfect in every way and anyone else who thinks otherwise is an idiot. she was putting on an act during her audition and they told her so, she went into denial and even gave them attitude about it.

how about the girl who left in tears with her friend who kept telling the camera guy to get away from them? i cant which one is worse, the girl who really couldnt sing but is convinced she's going to become rich and famous with her voice or her friend who kept reenforcing this absurd notion her friend has talent.

and this is why i watched it! to keep myself in perspective. i hope i never act like these people. i've never really thought i was so great at something that i should be a frigging millionaire and famous but still, i pray i never adopt this delusional behavior. if i do shoot me, seriously.

some of the people who were turned down did seem to take it fairly well, they all didnt have emotional outbursts but some did overreact. one guy did this, they told him he wasnt good enough for AI but was good enough to be on broadway. WTF is wrong with that? lots of people become famous working on broadway. it wasnt even an insult but he went on a rant about what they had said and blew it way out of proportion.

this show DOES point out to us just how delusional we all are, some less than others, some more than others.

of course getting mad over someone else's opinion, especially when you subjected yourself to their scrutinty of your own volition is a little more than immature to say the least. if you cant or wont accept being told you suck then dont put yourself into the position of being told you suck.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So true. And the guy that got mad over the broadway comment was indeed overboard...but I'm sure he was hearing what I heard in the comment.

You're a talented singer, but: too old, too gay and best observed in a dark room from far away.

It may hurt, but it was true for AI and he needed to hear it.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You're a talented singer, but: too old, too gay and best observed in a dark room from far away.

lol i dont think they were saying that, maybe partially but they were trying to tell the guy he had more than just one talent, he could dance and the way he sang was that of a broadway performer, not JUST a singer type of voice.

to me he just didnt seem right for the show. then again i didnt like the people they did pick, they all had a similar sound that got really boring to me after awhile. the only one they picked that i liked was the older guy. he sounded different from the rest and i liked that.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
she bangs she bangs

that dude made me fall off the couch

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedy_sid
she bangs she bangs

that dude made me fall off the couch

LMFAO! I LOVED THAT

"I have had no professional training in singing"

top topics