It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

5 million on terrorism list

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The Toronto Sun is reporting that U.S. security agents have a master list of FIVE MILLION potential terrorists - or criminals. Last time I checked, the Patriot Act is pretty vague, to say the least, with regard to defining what a terrorist is. Most conclude that the definition of terrorist is actually what ever the sam hell Bush and Asscroft say it is.

FIVE MILLION people!

That is a lot of supposed terrorists!! Have you gone to a protest rally? You have? Then guess what, you're probly on the list. God knows what else qualifies one. Posting anti-administration messages on the net, perhaps? Most likely. If they're looking.

BushCo. has got to go!!! This country and what is left of our tattered Democracy CANNOT bear four more years!


Here's the Toronto Sun story:
5 million on terrorism list

Canuck: U.S. on the lookout for 'potential problem'

By TOM GODFREY, TORONTO SUN

U.S. security agents have a master list of five million people worldwide thought to be potential terrorists or criminals, officials say. "The U.S. lookout index contains some five million names of known terrorists and other persons representing a potential problem," Brian Davis, a senior Canadian immigration official in Paris, said in a confidential document obtained by the Sun.

www.canoe.ca...
[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]




posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It is insane how far this probably goes. I was thinking the other day that anyone who has bought any sort of weapons over the internet or through credit cards is probably on a similar list as well.



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This isn't a democracy anymore. You're now guilty until proven innocent. Sounds more like the great witch hunt in the medieval ages. This is scary stuff!.

The Canadian Government is also in on it. They have yet to give an explanation why a Canadian citizen was stopped at New York and just sent to Saudi Arabia where he was tortured for 9 months!.

[EDIT]
And you also have to love the term 'National Security', which means that I can do anything to anyone and get away with it!

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by quintar]



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by quintar
The Canadian Government is also in on it. They have yet to give an explanation why a Canadian citizen was stopped at New York and just sent to Saudi Arabia where he was tortured for 9 months!.


Link please.



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You're both right. It's gotten way out of hand and it should scare the bejeezus out of every patriotic American - Canadians, too. This is exactly why Bush as president has got to go! After that, the Patriot Act needs to NOT be extended. It needs to be thrown into the trashbin of history IMMEDIATELY!

As for those LISTS, these lists are for one thing - confiscation and pick-up. Can you hear the Nazis comin'? I can.



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
5 million people???
How the hell can they keep track of 5 million people??



This is seriously messed up...

I wonder if I am on that list
Muslim student in Austria posting anti-republican posts



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I made a mistake. It was Syria where he was transported, not Saudi Arabia.

www.amnesty.ca...

www.globeandmail.com... ws/freeheadlines/LAC/20040109/ARAR09/national/National

www.cbc.ca...

www.cbc.ca...



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
5 million people on a terrrorism list, so I guess once you're on this list the government tracks you every possible way.

This sounds scary, like these 5 million people are on a hit list, and most probably are not even 'terrorists' in the extreme sense of the word.

U.S President Bush said the parts of the Patriot Act were set to expire next year, but he claimed that America must keep them. After he said that, I thought about those agencies that are working with these new powers granted by the legislation, and my prediction is that Bush will remain in his position of President of U.S., as he has been credited with granting power to the dark governments.



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
We're all in this shyte together Paperclip. One of these days, if you're not old, white and extremely rich, you'll be on the list. It's inevitable. EVERYONE. It's very scary.

Thanks for the links Quintar!
Very helpful.



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
5 million people on a terrrorism list, so I guess once you're on this list the government tracks you every possible way.

This sounds scary, like these 5 million people are on a hit list, and most probably are not even 'terrorists' in the extreme sense of the word.

U.S President Bush said the parts of the Patriot Act were set to expire next year, but he claimed that America must keep them. After he said that, I thought about those agencies that are working with these new powers granted by the legislation, and my prediction is that Bush will remain in his position of President of U.S., as he has been credited with granting power to the dark governments.


With all the mega computer technology, the U.S. government's got the MONDO triangulation shyte goin' on. I wonder how many of our names have popped up on the airline screening lists? I know that they take pictures of anti-war protesters and WTO protesters. I'm sure they consider them subversive - terrorist. It's complete and pure EVIL. Our government has been taken over by the world's biggest terrorist entity.



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid


As for those LISTS, these lists are for one thing - confiscation and pick-up. Can you hear the Nazis comin'? I can.


I can hear them coming.....I wonder why the rest are simply ignoring the stomping of nazi boots..



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti

Originally posted by EastCoastKid


As for those LISTS, these lists are for one thing - confiscation and pick-up. Can you hear the Nazis comin'? I can.


I can hear them coming.....I wonder why the rest are simply ignoring the stomping of nazi boots..


It's pure denial. I think for a lot of people, they feel like if they can ignore it, then it will not happen. I hate to break it to them, and all those earnest Bush supporters, they're gonna get you, too! Unless it's like I said, Unless you're a rich, white, millionaire. How many of you fall under that description? If you don't, you should be seriously thinking about this.


And just in case somebody wants to think I'm scared or whatever.. Being informed and preparing for possibile outcomes has nothing to do with fear. God is my savior. I fear no man. Man only has the power to kill the flesh. Only God can save my eternal soul.



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Check this out. Bush now wants to join this treaty allowing MORE snooping on us via the internet. So, what we've been discussing is on the way. Better stop talkin' shyte 'bout Bush! The Nazis are gonna come getch-O azzz!


Bush Pushes Plan to Permit Internet Surveillance

January 21, 2004
by Haider Rizvi
The Bush administration is pushing to ratify an international convention that civil libertarians say would pose serious threats to privacy rights at home and abroad.
antiwar.com...



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I wonder how many of those 5,000,000 'terrorists' are American citizens?! This is ridiculous!


I'm sick of his Bu#!



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
I wonder how many of those 5,000,000 'terrorists' are American citizens?! This is ridiculous!


I'm sick of his Bu#!


Meeee toooo!
Probly lots and lots and lots of Americans. Who are NOT terrorists. They just happen to disagree with the aparatchik and speak their minds. They will be called martyrs and the disappeared one day. Unless we throw that illiterate bozo out of office a soon as possible.



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
What the hell is going on with this country? Has there ever been anybody convicted of the crime that started this #? (9/11) If there isn't some actual detective work and real litigation other than this harassment and detainment stuff on these 5 million suspects, there should be hell to pay for the people who conduct this basic rights terrorism upon the constituency of the United States and the rest of the world.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by heelstone]



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
What the hell is going on with this country? Has there ever been anybody convicted of the crime that started this #? (9/11) If there isn't some actual detective work and real litigation other than this harassment and detainment stuff, there should be hell to pay for the people who conduct this basic rights terrorism upon the constituency of the United States and the rest of the world.


Alls I can say is AMEN TO THAT!



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
5 million terrorists, thats enough people to populate a full economy in a city, or a tropical island, what did he do write down every arab with a red headscarf??



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedy_sid
5 million terrorists, thats enough people to populate a full economy in a city, or a tropical island, what did he do write down every arab with a red headscarf??


And then some. That is a huge number!



posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This does not surprise me one bit! Im sure they are adding to the list every day with anyone who is known to speak out against the government. And yes, with Bush's upcoming reconfiguration of the patriot act, every person could probably be jailed for terrorism legally!




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join