It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who hasn't eatin or drank anything for decades.......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Oh, I am, I did, and I've moved on.

According to what science knows of the human body and how it works, what this man (and breatharians) claims is nonsense.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
science has all the answers. Isn't that kinda like saying the only way to know God is through Jesus?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Gee it's fun battling with science! haha cheers Major

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Who said science has all the answers? It's just the only reliable method we have for observing the world how it works. It's flexible. It learns and grows.

I'm not saying it hasn't happened. I'm saying that I doubt it happened based on what science currently understands about the human body and how it works, and that in order to convince me otherwise, it would take some extraordinary evidence to prove an extraordinary claim.

If this guy is living on water and "soma" then let him go take the James Randi million dollar challenge and prove he's REALLY doing it and not faking it somehow.

Science also doesn't take the word of one researcher -- it's peer-reviewed, which means that the test has to be able to be replicated and verified independently in order for the results to be considered valid.

One ten day stint and his word that he's lived decades without food doesn't prove anything other than that some people will believe in just about anything without real evidence.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
yeah a 10 day stint doesnt prove anything, but a 411 day stint under medical supervision by Hira Ratan Manek, adds more credibility, and just because "the current version" of science doesn't support it, is simply because there is a lack of any research available in this area. But that by no means doesn't show it's not possible.

Just like the scientists "knew: it was impossible to have a horse-less carriage (a car) in the 17th century??? Those guys are a joke to us now. Just like many of today's scientists will be a joke 200-300 years from now.

Most importantly, with quantum mechanics/physics, we now have the ability to find loop-holes in standard scientific laws and theories such as law of thermal dynamics, gravity, light speed, and so on. It's to the point now where anything is possible.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
You will find it's because he's seen through the illusion of the world so completely that he knows and most importantly BELIEVES he no longer needs food. take from it what you will

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
You will find it's because he's seen through the illusion of the world so completely that he knows and most importantly BELIEVES he no longer needs food. take from it what you will

It's not the food that would kill him. It's the H2O fo sho. He would be dead after 30-40 days without water.

Thats my H2cents.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Mind over matter. It's crazy what you can achieve when you push your limits physically and mentally. I did a 25 day fast and was amazed at the efficiency of the human body. It's SNIP crazy how limitless you become when you put will power above all else. I think that's just the tip of the iceberg for me too.

Buddha Boy

There's a lot of awesome stuff about mind over matter in other cultures. Makes you feel kind of inadequate after looking at other people and what they're able to do.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

The same boy who was not allowed to be seen after sundown.
I'm not discounting what you say, but as for the story you reference I am previously familar with and I believe this child to be a hoax. I'm sorry but I have to disagree. No water, no life.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
So basically we have a person who went 3x longer than the normal time it takes for a person to die of dehydration but its a leap of faith to believe he did it for decades?

Comon' now...

And then the supervision, or study, he was under needs to be replicated... somehow I don't think that would impress anyone who's not already impressed. For the next thing will be "Lets see him do it for this long duplicated by this many studies" and as such will never end and will never satisfy those who will always doubt.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
For those in the know, the only thing that REALY exists is the spirit! once you understand that it's hardly surprising when people can do these things and MORE

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
People are so suspicious these days. This man spent 10 days in a lab environment being monitored 24 hrs/day. Any normal person would have died, even sitting around doing nothing, because your body and brain always need energy, specially water.

This guy is in perfect health. So the guy has special abilities. Whats so hard to believe about it? Scientists have even proved lately that the world doesnt exist unless we observe it. Isnt that stranger?

You have to realize that at a global scale of consciousness and understanding, we are at an infants level, because we havent practiced these things for thousands of years.

To my knowledge, the last civilization that really "got it" was the Maya.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Another statement about Buddha boy Ram Bomjon was this:

"More recently, the Discovery Channel did record Bomjon's meditation on a 96-hours non-stop video, and for those total of 4 days, Bomjon didn't eat, drink, or move. Doctors interviewed in the documentary were stunned, and noted that for an explanation of Ram's activities, the science textbooks must be rewritten. The documentary was later packed in the special show of 'The Boy with Divine Powers."

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My father has not eaten or consumed any water for over 40 years

But he died 40 years ago

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

I think a more clinical study should be done on the boy but in the same right shouldn't be exploited for the same purposes. Science is absolute but in regards to the human mind, I don't think we can fully comprehend our limits or lack there of quite yet. It's pretty amazing that this 15 year old kid has the mindset to take on something like this. When I was 15 all I was concerned with was skating, punk rock shows, and getting on girls.. I applaud his efforts just by comparison alone, haha.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Oh, and for clarification... I don't believe anybody can go a decades without some sort of nourishment. I'm not defending that claim by any means.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
what allot of my skeptical friends here on ATS haven't realized, is that in ancient Indian and persian tradition, during meditation and subsequent enlightenment, a person's body can begin to secrete smething called "Soma" or "the Nectar of the God's" which is a fluid that drips down from the Pinneal gland, down through the pallet, unto the tongue with enough nourishment, vitamins, and minerals to sustain someobody in a constant meditative state.

This was very common in the east and it seems as if it is now scientifially verifiable, being that after a long time in this state, eventually a "hole" forms in your pallet to allw the soma/nectar to drip dirctly onto the tongue.

I don't see any BS in my meter!!!!!!!

Yes, well said!
He's done it for soo long, it just has become. Possibly sneaks some food once and a while, to recharge?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by kleverone

I think a more clinical study should be done on the boy but in the same right shouldn't be exploited for the same purposes. Science is absolute but in regards to the human mind, I don't think we can fully comprehend our limits or lack there of quite yet. It's pretty amazing that this 15 year old kid has the mindset to take on something like this. When I was 15 all I was concerned with was skating, punk rock shows, and getting on girls.. I applaud his efforts just by comparison alone, haha.

Very true, I agree with pretty much all of what you just said, well put.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join