It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Houston Texans dynasty has begun!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Being down fourteen points to a Super Bowl caliber team on the road, man that's nothing. They took out the Panthers like a freakin' tsunami, leaving only death and destruction.

You are witnessing the birth of a dynasty. Taking out the Colts next week will only add to the legend that is the Houston Texans.

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
2 wins is hardly a dynasty.
But they do look good so far.
And I hope they do beat the Colts this week.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
2 wins is hardly a dynasty.

Ah yes, 'tis only the beginning my friend.

Know Andre Johnson. Fear Andre Johnson.

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Im a big Andre Johnson fan.
Im also a huge Miami Hurricanes fan,he is a great receiver.
And I agree 2-0 is a good place to start.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Just make sure Mike Sherman stays a coach (not the head coach), and never becomes the General Manager. As the GM of the Packers he destroyed four drafts and gave away untold millions to worthless free agents.

Expect Ahman Green to get hurt any minute now by the way.

Nice pickup on the QB that's for sure. I bet Atlanta would trade a suspended dog fight kingpin for him in a second.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musky
Expect Ahman Green to get hurt any minute now by the way.

I fell out of my chair after reading this.

Don't think we don't know how fragile the guy is. If he averages fifteen carries a game I'll be surprised. At least we got Ron Dayne backing him up, and he really made a comeback last year.

And as far as Sherman goes, he'll be somebody else's head coach way before he'll ever move up any higher in the Texans' organization.

BTW, Andre Johnson is doubtful for Sunday's game against the Colts. OUCH!!!! Guess it's time for the rook Jacoby Jones to burst onto the scene (hopefully). That injury hurts.

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
And as far as Sherman goes, he'll be someone else's head coach way before he'll ever move up any higher in the Texans' organization.

No doubt he'll get another head job. He is a damn good coach. Great offensive mind. Very organized. Just a terrible judge of talent.

Between Sherman and Kubiak, the Texans should eventually become an offensive machine.

I forgot you had big Ron Dayne down there. One of the best college backs ever. He destroyed UCLA in the Rose Bowl. Great game. The Badgers have a guy now, P.J. Hill, that has a butt and and thighs just about as big. A real bowling ball.

Good luck to the Texans, but.......GO PACK!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musky
I forgot you had big Ron Dayne down there. One of the best college backs ever. He destroyed UCLA in the Rose Bowl. Great game.

Believe it or not I was going to mention just that in my last post. At the end of last year I saw shades of THAT Ron Dayne. I lost some cash on that Rose Bowl. God, did I overestimate UCLA's defense. Dayne went bonkers on them. It was like a video game, ten yards a clip.

Not one of my better gambling moments.

Edit: Pack's 2-0 as well. Favre will own every possible record when he's done.

Peace

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Tough loss today.

Andre Johnson down. That had an effect today.

It seemed like they didn't play the way they did in the first two games. They kind of pulled away from that man to man defense that worked well in the first two games.

They allowed far too many passes over the middle. It seemed like Manning did what he wanted.

That interception down there near the goal line was just killer. That was a very bad decision by Schaub.

So many injuries today too. Jones got hurt. Green got hurt (nice call Musky). McKinney got hurt, although you got Flanagan to back him up - not bad.

Also, lets hope Cedric Killings is okay. The way he just fell lifelessly looked alot like that Everett guy from Buffalo.

[edit on 9/23/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Whenever you let Manning not only dictate your defense, but your offense as well, you're pretty much screwed. The Texans spent the whole first half being conservative and just trying to keep the clock running. That was freakin' pathetic. In the second half they did what they should have done in the first half and almost pulled it off. You just can't play scared against the Colts and that's what we did.

Yeah, that pick was brutal and yes, good call on Ahman Green. Someone obviously blew on him in the first quarter and his day was over.

Atlanta's going to pay next week!

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Yeah, you can't play conservative. After that kick return for a touchdown, they should have come out blitzing on defense, and throwing deep on offense. Come out aggressive and see what you can get. You have to play to win rather than playing to not lose.

Being a Green Bay fan, I'm all too familiar with that conservative, poor management of clock, Mike Sherman offense at the worst possible times.

[edit on 9/24/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'd just like to say that I have Houston Texans season tickets!

Well, actually my Dad won them, but he got two tickets so he's taking me.

He put his name on the list this off-season and apparently they have a lottery and draw 50 names off the list and those 50 get to move to the front of the line. His name got picked so he got to buy tickets.

We're in the 600 section facing the visitor bench, I think. The seats are pretty up there. But its better than being 13,000th on the waiting list.

Yeah I'm a Packers fan and always will be but I like the Texans. And season tickets are season tickets even if I didn't, so you can't go wrong.

[edit on 4/18/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

top topics

join