It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I predict the day when Believers will go underground.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
*This isn't another 'kook' prediction thread.

Society will eventualy come to a point in its history, where they think there will no longer be a need for religion/beliefs/spiritual people.

Many ideas/beliefs are being 'cramped' into the dark recesses of today.

Religion and beliefs surrounding thereof are NO exception.

What will happen to these peoples?

They will be 'wrote off'.

The pages of our history will indoctranate only the 'tactile and plausible aspects of our existance and what will probably (in scientific reasonings) come to be.

What will become of the spiritual people like me and you?

We will probably hide in the cracks and crevasses.

Spit upon, and regarded as dirty and untouchable by the mainstream.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I don't think we will be forced underground, so to speak. I do believe there will come a time when Christians will be persecuted for their beliefs.

Not to long ago, I was reading a thread somewhere around here and an atheist said he/she feared Christians more than those of Islamic faith. Those few words really got to me.

Probably the only thing that would get me out in the streets with a protest sign is a President who didn't support Israel. I didn't vote for George Bush once, let alone twice but he has supported Israel. And we are in a prime position to have her back if she would call on us.

So in that sense, the atheist has a good cause for concern and probably should be afraid.

But I go back to the possibility of a U.S. President who wouldn't support Israel. There would be civil war here in the states.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Well, I would like to think it would be the attitudes/beliefs/etc that lose their necessity rather than the people, themselves.

People can learn, change, grow, and evolve. No need to throw anyone away!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If we are spewed into the tribulation, as the Laodocean church will be, we will definitely be on the run.
God has prepared the time of "Jacob's Troubles", which will be the worst in history, if you can imagine that.
It's also called "the hour of temptation" as Jesus calls it to the Philadelphia church, which is accounted worthy to escape it.
When Jesus told us to pray that we would be accounted worthy to escape these things, why do we try to get used to it here and look for the antichrist instead of Jesus?
Jesus said there were ten virgins, five were wise and five were foolish.ALL had oil in thier lamps until after they slept, when they ran out. The wise had thought ahead and brought extra, (BTW prayers are alluded to as "oil" in the bible, at times) The foolish didn't. When they left to go get things in order to go with Jesus, it's too late!!!
Jesus said it would be as the days of Noah and Lot when he comes.
God cannot 'rain' down judgement on his people and the heathen at the same time . God called Lot out of the city and Noah into the Ark, BEFORE the judgement.
Remember the antichrist is going to be a JUDGEMENT.
And a snare. A trap to all who laugh at God's ways.
He will come in peace, but give them DESTRUCTION.
Jesus comes TWO times. Once when he calls us to the Marriage Supper of The Lamb and then in Royalty when his feet touch down on the Mount of Olives.
He said "Take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your heart be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkeness, and the cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares."

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I agree Ducky that religion will eventually become redundant.

Spirituality though will never be redundant, you do not need to have faith in a religion to be spiritual imo.
I believe in many concepts that most people would think of as spiritual but i do not believe in religion or a God.
Faith is not a concept that belongs only to the religious either, i have faith in the human race and believe that we are on the path to greatness and religion or the belief in deity's has nothing to do with it.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

I couldn't possibly vote for Bush...

...because I'm Canadian.

Whether I would vote for him now, is neither here or there.

Myrtales...As I had origionally posted, I believe there will come a time for us believers to take a stance.

As far as supporting Isreal...this north american continenant has proven thus far: America, Canada, and Mexico are in the concordance with more than you know.

To bring up proof, is over exemplifying semantics. There are many threads abroad in ATS that can support this.

Would someone help me out on something?

I heard a 'saying' or 'superstition' or somethings about "Allowing Jews into a country". Listen to me.

I just paraphrased that. I read somewhere, where "It's not a good thing to deny Jews into a counrty. And that there is either superstition or something behind that reasoning...and alot of countries have extended the olive branch because of this notion.

I wish I could explain this better. Sorry.

Has anyone heard of this?

Anyways, back on topic.

As far as 'atheists' fearing christians more than the islamic faith...Why would they?

Atheists don't believe that there is a God.

That point is irrelevent.

But I go back to the possibility of a U.S. President who wouldn't support Israel. There would be civil war here in the states

This is a 'possiblitily' but only as such.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I too, would like to think that people can learn, change and grow.

Alas, there is but a human weakness called: bias.

This one word envelops and strangles the word: hope

To the point of total disertation.

Many will struggle not only with society, but within themselves, and will find answers only in the 'tangible'.

LUST- striving for that, which is within in our 'physical' grasp
- striving for "greener pastures"
- etc. etc.

Sigh.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

um... religious belief will never be forced to go underground if atheism becomes the majority. look at sweden, it's 82% atheist... believers are allowed to practice freely and have no discrimination held towards them.. unlike the USA, which is 70% christian and atheists are looked down on as worse than convicted felons.

being an atheist in america versus being a christian in sweden. that's the only comparison that you need to see to show how wrong your scenario is.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

As far as 'atheists' fearing christians more than the islamic faith...Why would they?

Atheists don't believe that there is a God.

We might not believe in a god but christians do and that seems to give them a sense of authority. This is shown with "your all going to hell for not believing" and the "your wrong and we're right". Look at what happens when there are two opposing views - conflict. It might get to the stage where minority atheist's are even more persecuted and violence gets more common.

But hey I'm in the UK and people are really not that religious over here (they might say they are but most don't care - they're the 'just in case'ers')

G

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Eh religon really isnt gonna go anywhere anytime soon really it is one of those things that will always be there. But i would have to agree with that im more afraid of most of the Christians in this nation than i am of a Muslim, why because at least i know with a follower of Islam where i stand. for the most part the christian population of this country are hypocritical, judgmental, and self serving, the churches are corrupt, Just take one good look at Rome and all the televangelists and you shoudl be able to see that. And i am sorry people but please quit sending those people your hard earned money if they really believed what it was they were teaching you do you really think there would be starving people in this world.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

Such contempt for people you don't even know...

I'm sorry all you see is negativity.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Oh dont get me wrong here there are some pretty damn decent people out there but for the most part the instituions are corrupt money grubbing whores, If it isnt a greed philosophy being taught it is more often than not a hatefilled message that is usually directed at the followers of Islam, and Homosexuals. Hell there isnt one christian denomination out there that you wont find divorce rampant in, for all intents and purposes that goes against the teachings of Christ so wait a minute that equals hypocrites doesnt it? And before i get blasted by MIM on that no you shouldnt stay in an abusive relationship that isnt a valid answer but the way things are your average marriage license is worth about the same as toliet paper and means about as much.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

You, are right.

Sadly this is true. There is not one aspect of humanity free of corruption.

top topics

join