It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Stand Down EXCLUDES Fighter Jet Protection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Air Force Stand Down EXCLUDES Fighter Jet Protection

www.nworeport.com

Contrary to rumors surrounding the Air Combat Command's stand-down of all 100,000 active-duty airmen ordered for tomorrow, the U.S. will not be devoid of fighter aircraft to protect the nation.

Michael Kucharek, spokesman for NORAD and USNORTHCOM, told WND the stand-down does not include the Air National Guard and Air Force Reserves assigned to NORAD.

About 70 percent of the aircraft involved in NORAD alerts are Air National Guard or Air Force Reserves aircraft, according to Kucharek.

Meanwhile, NORAD and USNORTHCOM will be on alert status Monday when the U.N. convenes a high level meeting on climate change and also Tuesday when the General Assembly begins its 62nd Session in New York City.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well just what is going on?

www.nworeport.com

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by renster

Well just what is going on?

www.nworeport.com

Discussed in other threads. Just a safety stand-down for the nuclear weapon incident this last week. Whole thing is a cover and stupid because everyone knows you don't acidentally transport 6 nuclear warheads and not know anything about it.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is a FACTUALLY incorrect report. Only one command has stood down today. Air Combat Command has stopped flight operations to conduct a saftey review as related to the incident involving movement of nuclear warheads from Minot to Barksdale AFBs.

ALL alert aircraft along with NORAD and the rest of the USAF is in fact, conducting flight operations.

90% of all alert aircraft are operated by the Air National Guard and/or the Reserves. They ARE ALL FLYING.

Your country is being kept safe.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
And you get your information from?

Personally, i would hardly feel safe if my country was being defended by the US Airforce, given their apparent propensity for flying nukes over your heads and numerous friendly fire incidents

And seriously now, Who is going to fly across one of the two oceans and attack the states? Hmmm? This isn't freaking WWII. You aren't under constant attack by everyone. Stop spreading the paranoia that promotes apathy.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
My apologies....I re-read the initial article. As it is written, it is indeed correct. My confusion stems from other articles that have stated the entire USAF was standing down leaving no defenses in place today.....
Again, my mistake.

While apparently, I know it all, I obviously cannot read.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Like your nation's air force has ZERO aircraft on alert? Come on. From the sounds of it you are most likely a Brit. You mean to tell me that the RAF has ZERO aircraft on alert in the entire UK?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Aaaactualy. I'm canadian.

I never claimed that any country had zero aircraft on alert. I just fail to see the ruddy point of keeping the world in a state of cold war perpetually like this. Especially America and Canada. We're bordered by the two largest bodies of water on the planet on each side, a frozen wasteland above us, and a 3rd world tourist trap to the south.

I think, that by the time a mysterious agressor managed to get a plane halfway across one of these, we would know about it and the world would be beginning the process of sanctions and diplomatic response.

We do not live in a cold war situation, prior to ICBM's being able to cross the globe. We do not live in a world where the worlds superpowers are continually trying to kill one another off.

If you honestly are going to believe that any of the "really" threatening countries could bomb North America from across half the world...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I found it hard to belive that we wouldnt have ANY fighter aircraft in the air that day as i read in a thread here.ESPECIALLY after announcing a stand-down!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
On her way home from work just now @ 5pm, my wife just called and said 3 groups of 3 fighter jets just buzzed overhead, rather low, an she said these were 3 definate groups of 3, not the same three repeating. We live in pittsbrugh PA, and i am not aware of any air show this weekend, but we do have a military air field near by, but we never get that much fighter jet activity here.

top topics

join