It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short Poem Contest - Winners Announced on Pg 9

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
woo thanks for the votes everyone! There were some amazing poems in here that I will be reading for weeks to come still.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
all points have been awarded and an addition has been made to the honorable mentions. I have also linked the poems to their authors.

Congratulations again to all the winners.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
There's so much talent on this site.

Congratulations to all that won.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Congrats to all the winners. Soooo many great entries. I really don't envy you having to chose amongst them WW. Saying that, you made some great choices.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I thought it was a fun contest and it was nice to have everyone get along, lol.

As I said I don't have a clue what the points are for and if I had any I wouldn't know what to do so I would be very happy to give all my points back to you.

Maybe you can use them in another contest.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just wanted to say thank you. I never expected to win. I was looking forward to a few people commenting or just relating to my poem. I'm pretty new to ATS still lurking slowly, posting more. I was intimidated by the early entries, all very beautiful poems. feel free to U2U

Thanks again, CPNJ/Jeff

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Congrats to all the winners and participants. There were many great peoms here. Keep up the good work!

Honorable mention for my first ever contribution.....not bad!

You can expect me to participate more as a writer in the future.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just wanted to pipe in and say "Thanks!" to all that awarded me stars. This was a fun one as I REALLY enjoy writing poems so I wanted to make mine just for A.T.S. I also read some astounding poetry from other members! Keep up the great work everyone!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
WHEW!!....i got honorable mention for one of my favorites ever....(definatly top five).........

tho i guess i have to come out and say....i took the first eight lines from a 12-16 line poem.....does that disqualify me?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hey, thanks so much for making a humor category! I appreciate the points. Limericks, the Dave Chapelle of poetry ...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This was fun. I won a great time reading all the wonderful entries. I am looking forward to the next time we have one of these.

And fair warning, I will not limit myself to a lymrick or two next time,
Not that it will make any difference. There are so many talented people here, my chances are slim.

Great contest. And a round of applause( and drinks) to the originator of this idea.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Congratulations everyone and Thank-you worldwatcher.

Can we do it Again someday...... Huh? Huh?

I promise I'll do better.

Pretty please with sugar on it!

Seriously though, it was a Real Honor being here, with So Many Talented people from *All Over the World*.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yes indeed - much talent can be found here at ATS. Thanks for the honorable mention World Watcher and for the excellent idea for a contest. You are a most kind and wise person. I look forward to future contests.

This has all the more meaning for me as my mother passed away this morning. She was ill so her death was not a surprise but considering the theme of my poem (no, my Mom was not the 95 year old mentioned) the timing was also very special.

[edit on 9/17/2007 by trek315]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Very cool--thank you, Worldwatcher--

I was feeling forlorn and jaded, but finally made myself look to see the results--I'm stoked; ta!

Fug

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I would just like to say thankyou to those who starred my poems, knowing there are people out there who liked my poems surprised me and gives me an added impetus to write more in the future.

I would also like to say thankyou to all the others who posted their poems, reading through them was an enjoyable experience.

Well done to all!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
forgive my ignorance but could someone tell me how to change/create my signature????
thank you in advance
This has inspire me greatly thanks to all who were involved

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
bummer.

well done to all those who got lucky... marwhahah!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I had fun reading all the great poems as well.
Some really good stuff. Poetry always makes my heart a little lighter.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by trek315

I'm so sorry for your loss, your poem reminded me of someone I lost,so it resonated deep within. I hope it can provide some solace and comfort to you in your time of need and when words fail to come to your lips, write them down.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I just Want to say that I had fun writing my poem and I hope you guys had fun reading it !

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Lukekilla4]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join