It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did crop circles start to appear exactly?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There have been things like foo fighters near CROP CIRCLES and then black helicopters appear shorlty afterwards????

Could foo fighters be trying to communicate with us through crop circles?

These foo fighters have been mostly seen in WW" and Korean war and are still reported today but not so often im sure there were reports of them in the first Gulf war.

So i think crop circles and foo fighters are related and could be messages from another dimension or something?

So if anyone knows when crop circles satrted to appear?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well a lot of people think they started to appear in Wiltshire around the 70s...
But research has found that they have been found much furthor back, say around the 40s.

But also researchers say they have eveidence of crop circles, from even furthor back than that. From way way way back. I forget the dates, and don't know of any articles on the Internet I could give you links to at pressent; I'm sure if you searched say Google for "Crop cirlces early" or "Crop cirlces started" you would find a lot of articles on it.

I am not too saw on the foo fighter connections... I have heard a lot of people saying they saw strange lights, and/or helicopters either the night before, or night after a crop cirlce has taken place.

I happen to live in Wiltshire (UK), where most crop circles are found -- Most of the big ones too. But in recent years I am sure they have been made by hoaxers - the ones around here anyway.

One of the biggest spots for crop cirlces in Wiltshire, is on the outskirts of Calne (where I live), near the White Horse... And I go up there regulary to walk the dogs, as it is a massive dog walking area... and I have sometimes seen groups of strange people with rutsacks, all in the corn for some reason - then the next day... a crop circle appears, lol.

So I am sure a lot of them these days are by hoaxers, or just by people who think their art.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think the first recorded or well-known crop circle was in the 15 or 16th century, had Devil in its name, then there were a couple incidents here and there. But I believe the phenomena as we know today started in 60's and gained fame in 80-90's.

If you ask me I believe most of them, if not all of them are just fake and man made, maybe the early original circle like ones where caused by natural phenomena, but all the new advanced ones are made by bunch of people who profit of them.

Have you heard of a case recently who profited hugely of a crop-circle he made and later accepted it.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Crop circles are recorded as far back as the 16th century. They were called "Mowing devils" because the farmer believed it was the devil who was creating them. Many of them may be man made but there is irrefutable evidence that many of them ARE NOT made by humans (at least with boards and rope or rollers and such). Typically, pushing crops down with boards doesn't cause biochemical changes in the plants or the geophysical changes to the soil.

Additionally, the circle makers also know a great deal about sacred geometry and the constructs of our physical universe in addition to higher mathematics (an unknown Euclidean geometric thereom was discovered in one formation in the 90's). There is a great deal more to this phenomenon than most people realize.

Above all, if you are skeptical... The scientific PROOF is there. All you have to do is read.

Start here: www.bltresearch.com...

Peace,

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Dancing devils were thought to have created them.

But the thing that bothers me (it does relate to crop circles) is why not too much information is given about the circles and other formations found on ICE! People can fake and discredit the crop circles, but how would they creat or explain the ice circles?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Dancing devils were thought to have created them.

But the thing that bothers me (it does relate to crop circles) is why not too much information is given about the circles and other formations found on ICE! People can fake and discredit the crop circles, but how would they creat or explain the ice circles?

Yes YES YES!!! I agree. What is up with people?

It's interesting to watch people's reactions as I fill them in on the FACTS about crop formations and the usual objection is, "Well, why haven't I heard about them? Why aren't they all over the news?" Good question. Why aren't these in the main stream media in a positive light? Why are most reviews set up to "debunk" the phenomena rather than truly investigate it? But that's a WHOLE other Thread!

Got any good links to "ice" circles? or rice paddies? or sand? or snow? or full grown trees? Those are the pictures I'd like to see. Apparently there's only been one or two "forest circles" with full grown trees bent at 90 degree angles. Unfortunately, the military came in shortly after it's discovery and closed off the area. "Nothing to see here, move along citizens."

Peace,

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
From doing a quick search, there are two distict kinds of ice circles; one where the ice has been breached or carved, and the other being a shape from within the ice.

Found alot of different sites, but the three that stuck out the most were these...

1. This one is titled "Report on an Ice Circle in NE Utah" writen by the National Institute for Discovery Science on February 21, 2002 (it is a pdf file):

2. This is a good site; alot of clear pictures and well written reports. Hell, the main page is quite good, to... I'll probably be going here alot now, too:

www.earthfiles.com...

3. Lastly, from the Canadian side of ther border, this site is a newsletter with alot of newspaper links:

www.virtuallystrange.net...

Maybe we should have started a new thread on circles other than crop... but, ehh... your post, you should make a new thread!

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by soothsayer]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Crop circles first appeared when a drunk dude got out his rope and 2x4 in England to play a prank on his buddies!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I wonder if people with boards were sailing around the world and making them 700 years ago like the debunkers are claiming that all the circles are man made now?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There's two kinds of crop circles:

The old ones were simply circular patches in the grain and were caused by weather (you can see this today in various places.) The pictures and designs ones were started in the 1970's and are human caused.

One proof that they're human caused is that the designs started out simple and in the past 10 years became complex (if it's being done by aliens, then they could have started out with something complex. If it was "communication" then it would follow a consistant pattern and not be all sorts of Nifty Art Designs.)

Secondly -- fractal-type crop circles didn't exist until AFTER computer generated fractal programs started being sold/given away that put pretty fractals on your computer. If there are aliens out there and they're doing this and they do fractal circles now, they'd have done them before this.

Thirdly, there are design elements that are actually Earth-modern.

So no... it's humans. Aliens aren't going to fly around for a years to end up on Earth just to put graffiti in someone's wheat field.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
There's two kinds of crop circles:

The old ones were simply circular patches in the grain and were caused by weather (you can see this today in various places.) The pictures and designs ones were started in the 1970's and are human caused.

One proof that they're human caused is that the designs started out simple and in the past 10 years became complex (if it's being done by aliens, then they could have started out with something complex. If it was "communication" then it would follow a consistant pattern and not be all sorts of Nifty Art Designs.)

Secondly -- fractal-type crop circles didn't exist until AFTER computer generated fractal programs started being sold/given away that put pretty fractals on your computer. If there are aliens out there and they're doing this and they do fractal circles now, they'd have done them before this.

Thirdly, there are design elements that are actually Earth-modern.

So no... it's humans. Aliens aren't going to fly around for a years to end up on Earth just to put graffiti in someone's wheat field.

From your conclusion it is clear you have done little to no research. Perhaps you should find out some facts before you draw a final conclusion. Otherwise you are just deluding yourself.

Peace,

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
Crop circles first appeared when a drunk dude got out his rope and 2x4 in England to play a prank on his buddies!

Oh GEE, Thanks for solving the mystery for us!!! Wow... and all this time I thought that maybe it wasn't humans that were changing soil composition, plant physiology and doing it all in the dead of night using boards while people scour the country-side trying to find people. And all without a trace of them being there.

I'll call all the researchers and let them know it's been solved so we can go back to consuming more resources and destroying our planet.

Don't draw conclusions about things you have no knowledge of or simply saw on a half hour cable program. The media is about $$ not truth. IF you don't understand that, then you're even more ignorant than I thought.

Sorry if I sound rash, but I'm soo tired of people spouting off conclusions about things they obviously know nothing about.

Peace,

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
If it's being done by aliens, then they could have started out with something complex. If it was "communication" then it would follow a consistant pattern and not be all sorts of Nifty Art Designs.

Fractal-type crop circles didn't exist until AFTER computer generated fractal programs started being sold/given away that put pretty fractals on your computer. If there are aliens out there and they're doing this and they do fractal circles now, they'd have done them before this.

I am not supporting nor trying to deny the possibilites of crop circles. Granted, there have been documented cases where the circles have been shown to be man-made; the Discovery channel even went so far as to have a program to show how they could be made (it involved a team of students from MIT).

I do enjoy looking at some of the pictures/designs. As an artist, there are some that I find quite beautiful in the eligance and style. But also as an occultist, I have seen some circles that "felt" wrong.

I am not one to go galloping about with drowsing rods or dance naked inside them; those people to me are show-boats. Anyway, back to my points.

SOME circles are man made. To me, some circles are made by... other types. And then there are the circles which may be an extraterrestrial communication.

To use the quotes above, you would think that aliens would use the same patterns or complex styles from ages past to today. But, when you think about it, how have we communicated with aliens?

Our first step was sending a radar signal into space using a simple bit map illustration of a satelite, a stick figure, and two colored lines. If anyone is familiar with this picture, it is rather crude... resembles something from an old Atari system.

=( >+o ><

Later, as in the 1970's, we launched Voyager, which contained an illustration of a man and woman, a star-burst pattern to represent our solar system, and a design showing just where in the gallaxy we are. This was on a gold plated LP. Now, the illustration created was more detailed and more "actual" than the first broadcast.

With our technology, we are going to continue to increase our ability to communicate or express orselves in an illustrated manner.

Does this mean aliens were evolving their artistic abilities? No, not by any means.

The quote above answers this problem. The designs have increased with complexity with the continual improvement of our technological abilities.

Would early man have known what a complex numerical calculus problem was? No... we'd have to start small; first teach him the basics of math... 1+1, 2+2, etcetera. Then go into multiply-ing, and continue upward.

The same thing with the crop circles. Simple circles or bulls eye patterns have been around (and recorded) since the Middle Ages, being blamed on ground hogs to devils. It wasn't until the invent of computers that these pictures started to become complicated.

Sure, we could agrue this point back and forth, how aliens are inceasing the circles patterns by our level of standards, or how drunk Scottsmen are using computers to help design more intricate crop pictures... there is no clear cut answer to this.

But just remember this... if there are aliens, and they are trying to communicate with us... would they blurt out their language and sciences to us right away, or would they slowly try to teach us first, like a parent to a child?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Amusing. Then you must be right!! The grey aliens from zeti articula snuck down in the middle of the night and blasted the pattern in the crops with the anti gravity engines from thier spaceship. It sure would have been nice for them to leave any tangible proof that they had actually been there. Dont you find that kinda odd ? Call me a skeptic but I do.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Amusing. Then you must be right!! The grey aliens from zeti articula snuck down in the middle of the night and blasted the pattern in the crops with the anti gravity engines from thier spaceship. It sure would have been nice for them to leave any tangible proof that they had actually been there. Dont you find that kinda odd ? Call me a skeptic but I do.

Who said anything about "Grey Aliens"?

Perhaps they are involved, but what lead you to THAT conclusion? Where are you getting your information?
What makes you think the formations have to do with "exhaust" from space ships?
Given the body of knowledge in terms of facts on crop circle phenomena, the notion you propose is quite absurd.

Maybe you're just being a wise guy. If so, HA HA. I get it.
Now how about a serious discussion?

Peace,

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is not a complex issue.

1) Either crop circles are being made by aliens (who nobody has ever been able to produce hard evidence of). Let be real, if that was the case, by now a spaceship would have landed in broad daylight in downtown LA for all to see. My god, I find it very unlikely and hard to believe all is done in the dark while nobody is around or the governments of the world are the only entities to have been privey to UFO events. Thats preposterous bro! It would be a cover up involving all governments and government officials in all countires through history. Hummmmmmmm kinda far fetched.

2) Crop circles are man made. I dont have the details on how the computer generated images are being sculpted into the ground, but man those students at MIT can pull off some great stuff, so its not beyond reason people could manufacture these.

Stop the lies and bull carp!

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

This is not a complex issue.

1) Either crop circles are being made by aliens (who nobody has ever been able to produce hard evidence of). Let be real, if that was the case, by now a spaceship would have landed in broad daylight in downtown LA for all to see. My god, I find it very unlikely and hard to believe all is done in the dark while nobody is around or the governments of the world are the only entities to have been privey to UFO events. Thats preposterous bro! It would be a cover up involving all governments and government officials in all countires through history. Hummmmmmmm kinda far fetched.

2) Crop circles are man made. I dont have the details on how the computer generated images are being sculpted into the ground, but man those students at MIT can pull off some great stuff, so its not beyond reason people could manufacture these.

Stop the lies and bull carp!

??? I'm not sure how to even respond. What are you talking about? Where are you getting your information? You're basing your belief that crop circles are man-made on another belief that is not a prerequisite for belief in crop circles: aliens, ET's, etc.
You obviously saw or heard about the TV special on how the MIT students created one. There are soooo many problems with that argument that this isn't worth discussing anymore.
Do some actual research, then lets talk.

www.bltresearch.com...
www.lovely.clara.net...

Peace,

+Jammer

P.s. Your name suits you.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Peace to you and good day my friend! I will research carp circles and get back to you regarding this argument.

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by dreamrebel]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Peace to you and good day my friend! I will research carp circles and get back to you regarding this argument.

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by dreamrebel]

Have you learning anything yet? How goes the path?

Peace,

+Jammer

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Had another thought about crop circles could be foo fighters are time probes, and as proof they got back in time they leave a crop circle cause most are documented so in future it would exist a document showing crop circles?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join