It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A clear UFO in picture.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm not a skeptic of the UFO subject, but I am familiar with most things that fly and I have to say that this looks like a bird to me.

As there is no knowledge whatsoever of how far this thing is from the camera, you can't say things like "its a big bird". It may just be closer than it seems

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Oh no I can feel another bird / UFO debate coming on!!

No, to me it's a bird, and as I cannot identify which type I suppose that makes it a UFO

I suppose someone out there may be able to ascertain depth of field and whatever to give a distance / size. To my eyes it looks clearer than the building down to the left, so is probably nearer.

Its just a bird like the others in the shot. imho.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What makes me think that these aren't birds is:

1) I can't see clearly the shape of the winds
2) I can't see clearly the shape of the tail
3) I can't see clearly the shape of the head (maybe in the biggest one there's a clue...).

If it's soaring or flapping, we should see the shape of the wings at least in one of the three ones, or something which suggests a movement around the wings area, but IMHO it doesn't look to be so.

Resizing / resampling / increasing otherness / removing jpg artifacts
i obtained this result, but it's never a good idea to resample somehow this kind of pics.
Anyway...

I looked for pics showing flying birds shaped as these, and i still haven't found it.
Honestly, IMHO, it looks to be a Flying turtle

or Goldrake

[edit on 11/9/2007 by internos]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Look familiar folks?

I think the good 'ol boys at Disney and their NWO pals are having a good laugh about now...

[edit on 11/9/07 by cbianchi513]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513

Look familiar folks?

I think the good 'ol boys at Disney and their NWO pals are having a good laugh about now...

i was thinking the same thing! that was a cool movie, i loved it when i was a kid.

but really, all these ufos that the people notice AFTER they look at the photos... not much going on there. if it was a ufo, they would notice it before taking the photo, and if it was moving so fast that they could not see it, they would not be able to even take a photo.

its a bird.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by nightsider2007]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Disappointed once again. Why post birds and call them UFOs?

Anyone claiming experience in photography who did not immediately identify those as birds is not being honest. MUFON allows this? I thought they were more credible than this.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Disappointed once again. Why post birds and call them UFOs?

Anyone claiming experience in photography who did not immediately identify those as birds is not being honest. MUFON allows this? I thought they were more credible than this.

WHO are u talking about?
Can you prove that these are birds? I too think they could be birds, but unfortunately can't prove it...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Looks like specks on the lens, possibly water droplets or something.

This is far from "proof" of alien spacecraft visiting Earth.

Why is it that 95% of pictures taken of UFO's are blurry, grainy, out of focus, etc? With all of today's modern photography and video equipment, why can't someone get a clear, detailed shot of one? Never. Not one.

The 5% of videos and pictures that are clear and detailed always turn out to be photoshopped.

Think about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

As much as I'd like to think it was an extraterrestrial craft, I'm going to have to go with pigeon.

All we need is a little bit more of a sun reflection on the top wings and we've got a likness. This was some sort of parokeet that I used. More than likely the bird photographed was a little slimmer and longer.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

As much as I'd like to think it was an extraterrestrial craft, I'm going to have to go with pigeon.

I starred your post because you've found an interesting clue.
However,

My questions are: how big could a pigeon be? How far are the objects in the pic?

EDIT: spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

hhmmm. it would appear that we need a little triangulation. any idea where this was taken? so we can get a reference from google earth?

good observation!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
think I got it. Ibiza. Mt. Serrat.

EDIT:

WRONG.

Here it is: Cathedral at Montserrat.

RE-EDIT:
Thanks everyone. had this window open still and edited my original post before refreshing and seeing everyone's response.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Posted 2007-09-10 /Sighting 2007-09-05 UFO caught in holiday photo
But in the description:

My girlfriend and I have just returned from holiday and were looking through our photo's when we spotted something unusual.

In the attached picture there appear to be 3 objects in the sky, one central and two off to the left and at a distance. The picture was taken from Montserrat in Spain last week, we did not notice these objects when taking the picture.

I have also attached another picture taken moments before where the objects do not appear.

Our reason for contacting you is for clarification, you have obviously seen more pictures and read more information of similar things and we're wondering if you could identify the object/s for us?

There's someting strange with the claimed dates....
MUFON SAYS Sighting 2007-09-05
Withess says last week
EXIF says November 2, 2003

Anyway, Montserrat (spain):

39°21'32.95"N 0°35'55.92"W (edit: wrong chords)

EDIT:
Updated the chords: 41°35'34.48"N 1°50'13.37"E

it looks to be something like a castle, maybe?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

hhmmm. it would appear that we need a little triangulation. any idea where this was taken? so we can get a reference from google earth?

good observation!

It was Montserrat in Spain, judging from the shadows, shortly before or after noon, so no help there. Is there a time stamp on the original photo? I did not see one.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

edited to change a dumb statement by me

Sorry I stated that badly. I was refering to MUFON not removing the photo. They know what it is.

My Wife is an Award Winning Professional Photographer and I've won a couple myself. I do lots of wildlife photography. I've seen birds in so many photo's I ignore them or cuss them while I use a Healing Brush to remove them from a photo if they are distracting. You start to recognize what they are after a few thousand of them. This time of year I'm cussing the bugs during the magic hour. The few minutes of perfect light just before sunset. Right now I'm looking at shots spoiled by those damn bugs

I am not a debunker, whatever that is, I'm looking for real UFO photo's.

[edit on 9/11/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

My Wife is an Award Winning Professional Photographer and I've won a couple myself. I do lots of wildlife photography. I've seen birds in so many photo's I ignore them or cuss them while I use a Healing Brush to remove them from a photo if they are distracting. You start to recognize what they are after a few thousand of them. This time of year I'm cussing the bugs during the magic hour. The few minutes of perfect light just before sunset. Right now I'm looking at shots spoiled by those damn bugs

I am not a debunker, whatever that is, I'm looking for real UFO photo's. If you disagree with my assesment of these birds that is your right. They are birds all the same.

I believe what you say, really.
There's a friend o' mine who recongnizes even the race of the birds, it's true. She almost never misses one.
What i disliked in your previous post is the use of the term "honest".
I just asked you who were you talking about, nothing else and nothing personal. I can only appreciate an expert's opinion.

But to dismiss it as bird, IMHO, we have to rule out the other options in a better way then a statement, don't you think?
For example, WHAT for a bird?

Anyway, i think i've (maybe) found the location:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

EDIT:
I originally posted a couple other views from the same tower posted by internos, but in closer examination, I don't believe this is the same tower or steeple. The windows don't match up to the oringinal. However, this pics below do match the background scenes from the original photos.

And here's a view from the same perspective:

Since there are no clear shots of the spot from which the photo was taken in reference to the cathedral tower, it's hard to get any sort of bearing to triangulate the distance of the object in relation to the person seen in the photo.

In my opinion, I think it's still a bird. It's the miles seen in the distance that distorts the size of the bird and makes it appear larger. It's probably about the distance the man in the picture is from the camera. Just looks further out.

Just an opinion though.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
In support of those who, like me, say "bird"....I offer this excerpt;

The ornithologist David Sibley says that in Cape May, New Jersey, he once spotted a bird in flight from two hundred yards away and knew, instantly, that it was a ruff, a rare sandpiper. He had never seen a ruff in flight before; nor was the moment long enough for him to make a careful identification. But he was able to capture what bird-watchers call the bird's "giss"—its essence—and that was enough.

"Most of bird identification is based on a sort of subjective impression—the way a bird moves and little instantaneous appearances at different angles and sequences of different appearances, and as it turns its head and as it flies and as it turns around, you see sequences of different shapes and angles," Sibley says. "All that combines to create a unique impression of a bird that can't really be taken apart and described in words. When it comes down to being in the field and looking at a bird, you don't take the time to analyze it and say it shows this, this, and this; therefore it must be this species. It's more natural and instinctive. After a lot of practice, you look at the bird, and it triggers little switches in your brain. It looks right. You know what it is at a glance."

Gladwell, M. (2005) Blink; The Theory of Thin Slices: How a Little Bit of Knowledge Goes a Long Way

Even I, who has spent a lifetime in the field judging doves from blackbirds and teal from wood ducks, in less than premium lighting conditions, can tell.....bird.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I guess this would be a bird until we can make out the scale. Finding the distance or triangulation would mean needing another picture at another angle and knowing what the distance is for the two shots and the angle. I just do not know how you can find the distance from the camera to the object with this one photo. When I first saw it the distance of the object to me seemed further away. Maybe it was the lighting.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If you use the mans head in the lower left corner as a guide to scale then that bird would have to be real close to the camera. The lighting makes the bird look farther out to me. If there are photo experts here then please explain how you could figure this scale thing out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join