It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best simple survival kit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
One thing not mentioned would be to have a little spare cash and coin tucked away just incase it's actually useable.
Also copies of important documents sealed in plastic (birth/marriage certs, shot records, phone numbers, etc) and maybe stored in a waterproof/fireproof safe somewhere in the house.
essential prescription meds (nitro or insulin come to mind)
Jules

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
A couple of good post there julesmac8. Welcome to the community. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wow guys this has been realy educational for me, by now I pretty much have everything you have recommended to an extent. I bought a ton of diapers and baby food. Everything went for about 170 us $ but it helps me sleep better knowing that we're prepared now. All you guys have made some realy good posts, I thank you for that.
By the way, living in such an unstable contry I have always carried copies of important documents and my US passport. It will get you out of a jam quick in this place.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

Thankyou, this I am fascinated and interested in this subject and I made a page full of notes for future use myself.
PS one thing you can keep in your first aid kit regardless of having young kids around or even for the single men would be to keep sanitary pads, or disposable diapers. They do hold a large amount of blood and in an emergency that would be a life saver. Sorry I hope this isn't TMI, you can plug a bullet wound or other major puncture with a tampon.
*Guilty of thinking like a mom*

Jules

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
one thing I keep seeing is water purification tablets....How about the new uv light pens that purify 16oz of water in less than 60sec? They even have cases with solar powered battery chargers for them. I think it would be worth investing in. There is nothing more important to our bodies than water.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaferwerks
one thing I keep seeing is water purification tablets....How about the new uv light pens that purify 16oz of water in less than 60sec? They even have cases with solar powered battery chargers for them. I think it would be worth investing in. There is nothing more important to our bodies than water.

Sadly that’s all stuff I don't have access to over here. You would probably have to raid a military base just to get some filtered canteens and some light sticks… (Their galil rifles would be nice too) But that would be like walking into a fence made out of bullets and mines.
Anyway, my dad was telling me about some books written about people who live in the mountains somewhere in the US. They were written by a teacher and his class as a project, they describe most of the trades of indefinite survival in the wild. If anyone knows the title or even what I’m talking about it would be a cool purchase
!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hi! I dug this back up from three years ago, it sounds like everyone in an
earth quake zone should prepare supplies in a Bug Out Bag, or a tupperware plastic tote with a snap on lid. Keeping the supplies just inside the front door would be good so you can pick it up and run out the door with it. All this Earthquake news makes me worry for people.
The same idea for people living in Hurricane areas and Tornado areas would also be prudent and practical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join