It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's 'most censored' news revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
greatreporter.com/mambo/content/view/1531/4/

Project Censored announces its pick of the top 25 news stories to be spiked in the last 12 months...

Each year since 1976, hundreds of student researchers, faculty, and volunteer members have presented the most important news stories that were under-covered, glossed over or ignored by the US’s major media outlets.

Their 25 stories this year make up the first chapter of the Censored 2008 yearbook, which also offers real news about internet freedom, images of the war, and the impact of Big Media on children.

"When a media fails to cover these issues, what else can we call it but censorship?"

Some of these I haven't of heard before, even in ATS. Such as US miltary control in Africa or the number of Americans living in Mexico. It's good that someone else is getting the word out.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Very interesting. I was just thinking about how US Aid in Africa was a big joke. This further proves my point, and the guy on ATS who told me something like 50 billion dollars a year goes to aid impoverished nations must have ignored the fact that when the government uses the word "aid", and then sends in the military to do the "aiding", it's most likely aiding more it's own interests than the interests of the people of that country. How could you put impoverished nations on a blacklist anyway? Isn't the point of aiding those nations supposed to be in the interests of those people who live there? Apparently, it's all political in nature, and since when does money and politics ever honestly help impoverished people of the world?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
to correct myself, I'm sure they do spend LOTS of money on "aid" to other countries if it furthers their own economic/political interests in that area. I didn't mean to imply that the figures were wrong. I'm not good with memorizing figures.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
good find,i found this one to be a good read

Bush Moves Toward Martial Law

thanks for the share.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Nice find Sanity Lost. I hadn't heard of a couple of these stories. Number 10 about Vulture Funds is was new to me. I'm going to keep reading through these, but a nice list of stories hidden in the back pages nonetheless.

The BBC Vulture Fund Video and article reveals the unfortunate tactics of U.S. based companies like Debt Advisory International and one of their sub-companies Donegal International. They use Vulture Funds, which are companies that go into impoverished nations and buy that countries debt right before it is about to be written off. They buy this debt at a very cheap price and then sue the same country they bought it from for huge sums. In the case of Zambia, Donegal International purchased debt that was about to be waived for $U.S. 4 million and then sued Zambia for $U.S. 40 million. A British court later ruled that Zambia pay Donegal International $US 15 million. This purchasing of debt is not against the law, but certainly seems wrong and opportunistic. Vulture Funds legally hurt countires and take away needed funds. In this case $ 15 million dollars will no longer go to help provide nurses, hospitals, teachers, housing, and other aid by Zambia. Instead the already impoverished nation will sink into even deeper poverty than it started with. I believe that something needs to be changed to prevent Vulture Funds from taking advantage of these nations.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
indierockalien
Yes the "aid to Africa" is such a big joke. I think the fast food chains are in on to.

There's another thread that mentions a warehouse type building in Russia loaded with food taken from Africa earmarked for one of the biggest fast food chains to serve.

I don't have a link to this but I read a story about the big chain with the stupid redhead clown. They use so much grain in their so called food that if they were no longer in bussiness we would have enough grain to feed everyone in the world.

KINGOFPAIN
Thanks for the kudos. After reading the link you posted I think it's time to strap on our six shooters, jump on our horses and get out of Dodge. The Pres is getting way too much more power than the law should allow. That's if the law is allowing this.

Isn't there some sort of saying "first democracy then dictatorship"?

I'd almost look forward to DC being nuked but I have family there.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite8

More kudos, thanks. Your explaination of the Vulture Fund helped me understand that much more that I could have on my own. I'm not a finance person by any means

This is just another example of the rich getting richer and the poor getting the shaft.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thanks for the info on Vulture Funds. I was not aware of that at all.
I also have read that when the U.S. sends "Aid" to another country it means that more times than not they are sending funds to a "front company" owned and operated by the CIA. Either that or to an existing company sympathetic to whatever cause or change the U.S. is trying to bring about in that particular region of the world.
It is a way for the CIA to fund their "black ops" and allowing themselves to bypass any congressional oversight whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pegasus1

So true, the CIA has many front companies such as:

AVIATION SPECIALTIES, INC.
BAYARD FOREIGN MARKETING, LLC.
CROWELL AVIATION TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
DEVON HOLDING AND LEASING, INC.
KEELER & TATE MANAGEMENT, LLC
PATH CORPORATION
RAPID AIR TRANS, INC./RAPID AIR TRANSPORT, INC.
STEVENS EXPRESS LEASING, INC.

Here is a link to an article about the front companies.

plawiuk.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder if the US political system is false - that they may all be in it together. Correction, I often wonder.

What does it benefit Bush to lay foundation for martial law now, in 2007? Who says Billary won't be the bad girl in all this? Or whomever else is elected, the bad guy?

Is it all just smoke and mirrors, the whole of the world's problems?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FumblingKC

I think the elections and the sold called political parties are all just a big dog and pony show. Whatever they say or do does not really matter. It's the ones behind the scene that are in control. The only ways out I see is to nuke the @#%$ out of world or start a revolution.

Who's with me on starting a revolution? Let's take back the world for the many not the few.

new topics

top topics

join