It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Bin Laden Video May Be Forgery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I found this by accident and thought I would throw it out for ATS members to see what you think.

Is it a forgery or is it the real deal?

Osama Bin Laden's widely publicized video address to the American people has a peculiarity that casts serious doubt on its authenticity: the video freezes at about 1 minute and 36 seconds, and motion only resumes again at 12:30. The video then freezes again at 14:02 remains frozen until the end. All references to current events, such as the 62nd anniversary of the U.S. atomic bombing of Japan, and Sarkozy and Brown being the leaders of France and the UK, respectively, occur when the video is frozen! …..
Source

Google Video

[edit on 9/9/2007 by shots]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yes it seems they really know nothing.

Book 33, Number 4200: Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: At the end of time there will be people who will use this black dye like the crops of doves who will not experience the fragrance of Paradise.

Book 33, Number 4199: Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:
When a man who had dyed himself with henna passed by the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him), he said: How fine this is! When another man who had dyed himself with henna and katam passed by, he said: This is better than that. Then another man who had dyed himself with yellow dye, passed by, he said: This is better than all that.

What this means that radical Islamists don't dye their hair black, period. Sure they dye their hair, but radicals usually use henna only and this gives their hair a reddish tint. In Osama's world.

Black hair = he will not get into Paradise

I think everything else is okay, just not black, but then of course he's on the run, or on a special mission so......nah, they should do better research next time.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

Black hair = he will not get into Paradise

Actually thats if he actually follows a random book with those stories, if he does, then that makes sense, but in my opinion a real Muslim should only follow the Quran. Does Osama follow only the Quran? probably not, who knows.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
someone pointed out that the OBL image , and the lack of motion,
is probably because the 'video' was made of a cell phone transmission...

also his rant on capitalism, globalism, megacorps....
and his (OBLs) dissing both Christians & Jews was a bit whacky,

he seems to be emphasizing the mujahideen (holy warriors)
rather than the AQ militant warriors...
? getting more philosophically-religious as of late, a change of his tenor ?
? i wonder why ?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Who are you to define what a real Muslim is? Are you a Muslim?

Ibn 'Abbas

Abdullah b. 'Abbas (d. 68/687) is considered to be the most knowledgeable of the Companions in tafsir. [A book entitled tanwir al-miqbas min Tafsir Ibn Abbas (Beirut, n.d.) is a complete tafsir of the Qur'an. all explanations of which are said to go back to Ibn 'Abbas. On the question of authenticity, see al-Sawwaf, op.cit. p. 140.] He has been called 'tarjuman al-qur'an', the interpreter of the Qur'an. Since he was related to the Prophet, being his cousin, and his maternal aunt Maimuna being one of the Prophet's wives, he was very close to the Prophet Muhammad and learnt much about the revelation. It is said that he saw the Angel Gabriel twice. Apart from his detailed knowledge of everything concerning tafsir, he is also given the credit for having emphasised one of the basic principles of 'ilm al-tafsir which has remained important to this day, namely, that the meaning of words, especially of unusual words in the Qur'an ought to be traced back to their usage in the language of pre-Islamic poetry. There is a long list of such explanations quoted by Suyutl. [Itqan 1 pp.120-33.]

More at source.

After the Koran his writtings are 'considered to be the most knowledgeable'. Its not just some random book.

Ask the Mufti!

Q.) Is it haram to dye our hair? And if so, what exactly makes it haram?

A.) Pure black dye is not permissible......

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Malichai]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Does Osama follow only the Quran? probably not, who knows.

Apparently he has his own more violent version and it has been banned in Qatar

Al Qaida clerics distributing revised editions
of Koran

ABU DHABI — Qatar has banned the import and distribution of unauthorized Korans.
Officials said the Islamic Affairs Ministry has ordered mosques and clerics to use only Korans and other Islamic text approved by the government, Middle East Newsline reported. They said Al Qaida-aligned clerics have employed Korans revised to promote the doctrine of Islamic war against the West.

WorldTribune.com

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

No wonder he can dye his hair he is making up the book as he goes along

[edit on 9/9/2007 by shots]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Malichai

OK let me rephrase that, In my opinion I think its best for a muslims to only follow the Quran. And to read the books by other people, just as books, not as rules to follow. When I said random, I didn't mean it so disrespectful, sorry Im sure ibn Abbas was a great man. What I meant is:

There are many books, that have come many years after the Prophet PBUH died, they are not Mohammed's 100% true words, they have come from other people, who knows how much truth it has, who knows how much of these
words have changed over the years, unlike the Quran many people don't memorize these books word by word, but with the Quran people memorize the whole book, so it will never change, which means its 100% word of what the prophet has said.

In my opinion many of Muslims problems have come from people following these books more than the Quran itself. For example stoning a girl to death for adultery, there is NOTHING about this in the Quran, but there are books and people that people choose to follow that causes these evil things like stoning.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai
Yes it seems they really know nothing.
I think everything else is okay, just not black, but then of course he's on the run, or on a special mission so......nah, they should do better research next time.

You would think they would have at least noticed the way so many of the Pashtun elders dye their beards with henna. And if Osama bin Laden is supposed to be where they say he is, then he most definitely would not have dyed his beard black.

The stupidity of US government elements vetting this video is shocking, but perhaps someone on the inside of USA operations was trying to get a message out that this is not what it appears to be. There are always fifth columns within fifth columns, and a soldier or citizen loyal to the US Constitution just might be willing to slide something under the radar to cue those in the thinking world that this is just another scam.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I was using stumble upon and came across this:

Authenticity doubted

Adel Darwish, political editor of Middle East magazine, told Al Jazeera that he had "doubts" about the authenticity of the tape.

"Any kid these days with an electronic kit can alter images and edit the way that he or she likes," he said on Friday.

"There is no close-up of bin Laden, the beard is thick and black and then there are large segments where the image is a still."

english.aljazeera.net...

There were other links as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

No offense taken. I'm Christian BTW.

OBL is/was Wahabi and they don't dye their hair black either.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Malichai

Even if he felt compelled to practise Taqqiya to hide among the infidels he would sooner shave it off than dye it black.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I'm not an expert, but I have had Muslim friends and done some reading on the issue and it is my understanding that they would do this only if hiding among the enemy during war.

Yes, he would have cut his beard and his hair before using black dye if it was his intent to hide inside the Western World.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Malichai]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

Even if he felt compelled to practise Taqqiya to hide among the infidels he would sooner shave it off than dye it black.

that supposes that he is indeed 'alive' in the mortal sense...

the postulation that the 'video' (real or manufactured) may be a 'Forgery'
renders your arguement - null,
because the image of OBL could very well be a product of the AQ media arm.....or a disinformation agenda by the West's Intel apparatus.
(remember the pre- Y-2-K... 'Max Headroom'..... ??? )

sorry, but i had to take a lot of shortcuts. ...still, i hope you get my drift...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Yes, I believe it was a forgery perpetrated by pro-American intelligence services to keep this bogeyman alive. It is highly likely previous bin Laden tapes were hoaxes as well.

whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
To me, thats is not Osama.
Its a clear fony.

The hands are different, the meaning and motive behind his words are different.This guy disappears for years, without showing his face... then reappears, at precisley the right time to give substance to the 'stay the course in Iraq' ploy?

Why isnt he blatantly criticisng and accusing the administration of lies, curroption and murder?

A real terrorist leader would be blasting GW and the US, absolutley letting them rip on their crimes.

This osama seems to content on playing the boogey mean, all to conveniently for the US administration..

Ive never beleived such, but this is the first Osama tape published by the CIA in my view.
All previous tapes were perhaps genuine, but this latest one is a desperate attempt by the US government to remain in Iraq and give the public more worry.

Its all a setup.

Officially we've already stated that its definately Osama, and there's no hidden message.

How odd for us to state this..

Maybe so when something happens we can all say
'' well hey, no one believed there was a message, this just proves they are wicked and evil ''

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by shots

If you know where I can watch the vid with english subs let me know. I have seen the other vids and want to see this one.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Remember his videos from the 'cave days'? He looks like he's shacked up in a nice house somewhere now. Also what's the deal with looking like he's about to read the news. Seems so more professional now, and he's all in to his appearances, he's like a metrosexual extremist, gotta look good to feel good right?

He sounds too clam. I was expecting an angry osama standing around with a rifle and grenade or two. Maybe shouting the odd 'death to americans' slur.

Video gets a 2 out of 10 youtube rating from me. I'd rather watch some kid get hit with a football.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Please discuss this subject further in the other thread about the Bin Laden Tape.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We're attempting to keep all discussion in one thread.

Thread closed.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
While we are trying to keep all the info in one place, the thread has been reopened per an edict from above.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Timmyboi23

The Google video I furnished has the subs on it they are on the bottom. Perhaps you missed the link?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join