It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dome on Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This golfball-like Dome feature can be found on the Mars Global Surveyor page
Full size image can be found at link below.

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
wow this is interesting... i wonder what it could be? has there been any explanation from NASA into it? if so is it believable

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It sure looks like an artificial structure to me.

Ya think NASA would tell us the truth?

Or do ya think people could handle the truth?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
it hard to get perspective, but is that "thing" supposed to be "golfball" size or "epcot center" size?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuPP
Ya think NASA would tell us the truth?

Or do ya think people could handle the truth?

It depends on what the truth is

It does look a lot like a golf ball, even a bit textured, but we can't go around freaking out over every little weird thing we find on Mars.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it looks like it crashed/fell there.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It's a fake IMO.
but it could be the remains of the astroid that made the creator it's in.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
worldwatcher, I think it's quite large. Good analogy you made referring it to Epcot center. I didn't think of that.

It sure resembles it.

I believe what was once on Mars is now here on Earth.

Earth has been basically conquered by the Martians and most of us are mixed breeds.

In time, Earth will resemble Mars.

TheMachine, who's freaking out?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Britman, a FAKE?

The image is from a gov site. Who faked it?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
weird, if you zoom in and look at the dark side its either broken like glass or its jagged like a rock.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It looks to perfect to be something crashed...i think its been doctored....

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Here is the same picture with "Brightness/Contrast(+35/+10)" adjusted so you can see the shadows a little better.

Here is the same picture with "Brightness/Contrast(+35/+10)" adjusted and split for viewing with 3D Glasses for those who have some. The ones I use have the Red on the Left and Blue on the Right. If yours are different it may not work the same.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
it loosk like the left overs of what caused that creator

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Sometimes, when meteor fragments slam into planets, craters like this are formed; creating mountain-like formations in a variety of shapes - depending on the angle which the meteor hit. Here is an interesting link about the strange Mars craters:

www.viewzone.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I have read that when meteors slam into planets it may create a mountain/hill like formations; although, I don't understand this picture.

The hill/mountain looks as if it's in a center of a meteor formation (something like that). Could it be? That is a interesting photo in my opinion; basically what I'm trying to say is how could a meteore create a hill formation in a center of a "meteor formation"?

Could this be of ancient creation of long ago life forms on Mars? Well, I honestly wouldn't be surprised (come-on, it could be true), or just some sort of odd natural creation....

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Wow. Is that real? Not sure why I haven't seen this before, but this really amazes me and I really do not like speculating over blurry Martian topography. This is clearly a giant spherical object and giving a natural reason for its occurence is a very dubious answer.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This little part of the full strip shows only one of many anomalies. Please look at the link and the rest of the images.

This is the same strip with the famous glowing tunnels.

It almost looks like veins bulging on a living thing.

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

BTW: The object in the crater could not be what caused it. An object that size, and dense enough to survive the impact would have made a crater 100 times as large.

It could not have been there before the impact or it would have been destroyed.

It must have been added after the crater formed.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by ArchAngel]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I.M.O It's nothing more than a impact crater.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Go through and highlight each link of the MOC images now thats some weird looking shots.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hi all!

Great image!

I am *not* a geologist (or astro-geologist either, come to that!) but could this be an example of a volcanic caldera/ dome under the influence of a lower gravitational "pull" and less "weathering" and erosion as we would find on Mars??

Here's an image geopubs.wr.usgs.gov...

And a Google search will reveal more...

Just a thought...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join