It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASTY-HIGH TRAFFIC THIS MORNING!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
gazillions, Bandit, gazillions!

I once remember them linking to a NY Times article - their server wasnt accessible for hours!

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
We survived slashdotting.

-B.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
The story is also at

www.rense.com...

Don't worry...

I'm setting up an e-petition to get it removed..

rense... AHAHAHAHAHAHA.....AHAHAHAHA... no... AHAHAHAHA

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Like it or not Rense gets tons of traffic, and they are a great alternative news site. You just have to skip past the stuff about Aliens, and UFO's. Other than that it has the same stories as a thousand other places on the web(Including this forum).

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We're still getting very high traffic. Between ATSNN and ATS, we've served up over 10 gigabytes of traffic as of 2:00 PM EST today. To keep the board running, I've applied a rather intense low-bandwidth mode to the board home, the today's posts, and viewthread pages.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Way to go KANO- watch ATS membership soar now... You have broght much well deserved attention to this wonderful site that I am so proud to be a member of.
to KANO!

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
to me slash dot didn't give kano the credit he deserved.

HE NEEDS TO BE PRAISED MORE..

Carton of crownies heading your way kano old pal...

Less 1 six pack.. I got thirsty on the way to the postie.

Chris

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
ATS has been in Black & White all day?

I thought you changed servers to Desilou productions.

Props for the traffic, but I hope it changes back soon.
It's like a Twilight Zone episode up there, and I have all the time in the world to read posts, but I broke my glasses.

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
And I remember when people first complained when I introduced color to the forum scheme. and when it's gone... people complain. sheesh

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
And I remember when people first complained when I introduced color to the forum scheme.

and when it's gone... people complain.

sheesh

Thanks for the color.

-another ranting malcontent

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Premature. We're still getting very high traffic. Today's bandwidth has exceeded 12 gigabytes (for ATS and ATSNN, 95% in the past 12 hours) and still climbing.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I've been getting the website not responding page up for a few minutes every so often.
It's been quite hard work today to view ATS
I notice that kano's thread is heading towards 50,000 views
WOW!

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have noticed also the dynamic alteration to the ATS forum main page, assumably to conserve bandwidth and server lock-up's,

but when the visitor and member counter are on the main page, they do not reflect the slashdot traffic.

Unless 'Guests' means something other than a 'guest'.

Could it be just that slashdot is a heavily spidered site, as they do provide news articles to other sites and search engines, and that much of the excess bleedthru traffic to ATSNN is just bugs making links.

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
SlashDot was referencing the ATSNN story: www.atsnn.com... But the images for the story were hosted from the ATS domain, and everything is on the same server. Just look at the views for the thread, over 49,000 in one day (ATSNN traffic causes increases in the thread's views).

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Dollars to donuts Kano just wrote at least one student's term paper for him. Given those hits, maybe several hundred!

Professor Kano, perhaps?

I have a friend that teaches Freshman english and googles a line or two from each term paper to catch cheaters. Be sure to credit Kano kiddies!

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
UPDATE: Over 52,000 referring links, and 45,800 unique users were recorded from www.SlashDot.org... to Kano's story here: www.atsnn.com... While our server suffered during the load, we only went down twice as I briefly halted the Apache server to modify some performance settings. Thanks to ATSNN (with lower-overhead code), we stayed up as all these people had an interest in finding the truth about a debunked "conspiracy" from ATS. If they had linked to a board thread (with higher-overhead code), we would have crashed. Between ATSNN (with the story) and ATS (hosting the images, and getting lots of clicks from ATSNN) we experienced nearly 15 gigs of total traffic today (mostly since 7AM EST). Our previous biggest day was 5.8 gigs. [Edited on 19-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
HOLY CRUD

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by OzChris]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Between ATSNN (with the story) and ATS (hosting the images, and getting lots of clicks from ATSNN) we experienced nearly 15 gigs of total traffic today (mostly since 7AM EST). Our previous biggest day was 5.8 gigs.

Another ATS milestone, kudos to Kano for his research.

Nice to see everything back to "normal", if there is such a thing around here.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This was a huge day for ATS. Slashdot still has the link to ATSNN on their home page, right now.

We've had some great stuff submitted to Slashdot in the past and it's been rejected. Kano put together a great piece of work they found to be worthy. That's remarkable! Good job Kano!

Let's also consider this:

Slashdot, when linking to other sites, has been known to overwhelm those sites to the point they have to be taken offline. This has happened to sites you might normally think to be bigger than ours, major corporate, commercial sites! On top of being an extremely popular site, Slashdot syndicates its news, people on many other sites see Slashdot material. They are also a Google News Source and often receive high rankings in Google's Sci/tech category. Point is, what good is all this traffic if our sites not available? It's no good at all! So, with literally no notice William was able to reconfigure ATS and ATSNN to accommodate all this traffic. The technical efforts were truly amazing - and I mean amazing! All that I can say really is WOW! Good job, William!

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Man I'm so embarrassed. If I knew we'd get that many hits I would have cleaned the pool.

(Or at least that little edge).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join