It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASTY-HIGH TRAFFIC THIS MORNING!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
In the past 90 minutes, Kano's Mars color analysis on ATSNN.com -- www.atsnn.com... -- has received over 10,000 hits, and has overwhelmed even our new Dual-Xeon server. I've created a plain HTML version of the story to reduce server load during this time of Kano-Chaos... but it will only reduced the load for that piece... people will likely still be clicking through to ATS and things will continue to be a bit slow. [Edited on 19-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
We've been "slash-dotted" slashdot.org... Bob88 submitted the story this morning. Crazy-high traffic for the rest of the day.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
*SCREAM*

I don't know whether to cry or pop the champagne, i'm the bloody editor and i can't get to any of my stories! Theres breaking news being neglected somewhere i tell ya!

Anyhoo, great numbers for us!

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I've disabled all of ATSNN except for a redirect to a plain HTML version of the Mars color story. This should help improve things shortly.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
At the library, since they have high-speed cable (versus my dial-up)... what a big lag time today! You should renegotiate your google contract with all these hits!

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I guess Kano will get big ATS points on this one, huh?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Bob runs and hides from William

oops. my bad. Who would have thought? (they have rejected so many of our submissions in the past)

Sorry guys

As new stories get posted on slashdot this will eventually move off their home page - but will be forever in Slashdot. (Slashdot syndicates their site to others on top of being a Google News source)

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It looks like the counter-measures are slowly bringing the board to a workable condition. 1) Webserver-based redirect to a static version of the story 2) ATSNN code disabled for now 3) ATS running in low-bandwidth mode The processing time for the board PHP pages is workable... it's just that the webserver is a bit busy right now.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
In the past 3 hours, 18,000+ unique users made it to Kano's Mars colors article, and we're currently struggling under 2,178 connections to our web server. Such is the power of SlashDot!

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Quote : " Dont trust this man, he's part of the conspiracy!! (Score:2, Funny) by Flounder (42112) * on Monday January 19, @08:20AM (#8019905)

They're really colorizing the pictures from Mars to hide the proof of aliens!! "

Now, Kano is a debunker who's working for the Great Conspiracy "

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
news.google.com... The story has been picked up by Google News... which means the dedicated news-spidering engine of Google will find ATSNN and ATS and pay attention to us as a news source.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is definitely a "be careful what you pray for situation".

LOL

How cool is this?!?

Congratulations Dr. Kano
you big ol' debunker, you.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Look at this article:
science.slashdot.org...

So, you can see why they chose to post Kano's post. And, many other sites have talked about this also. (though, we probably 'broke' that also)

Good Job, Kano!

And, go to Google News and search for: Mars photo

heheeh

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
All I can say is.

Kano 1, Dual-Xeon Server 0.

bwaha

Also, wow!

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Your thread is approaching 40,000 views... most of them today. And don't get too pumped up there "Dr. Kano" our Dual-Xeon may have been huffing-and-puffing, but it didn't go down! SlashDot is legendary for taking servers down to a completely locked-up stage where a hard reboot is requireed. We survived!

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Here's the traffic graph as of noon today... And the day is only half finished.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Damn I am glad to hear it's that! I thought maybe something bad happened! w00t Kano! WTFG!

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The story is also at

www.rense.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I wonder how many people visit slash dot per day...

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
LOL! I thought people at ATS didn't like Rense!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join