It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to run for president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think that we all agree on the facts that in order to run for president you have to first have a boatload of money and second you have to sell your soul to those that have the money. If you look back at american history there were several presidents that came from nothing and overcame great obstacles to become president. In more recent years our presidents have come from those that have boatloads of money or those that have created the political connections to get the money. The majority of our country is made up of the middle class. In my opinion in order for our country to become great again we must be ruled by the majority, for it is the middle class that holds the majority and we are the ones that make this country great. I ask you though when was the last time that we had a president that truely represented the needs of the majority.

Now I think we all agree that our country needs some serious change and it is time that we govern oursleves for the people and by the people like our founding fathers intended.

The purpose of this thread is to gain an understanding of what (in your opinion) would have to take place for an average american citizen to become president? We all the know that the people have the power however currently they choose not to use it. With the customary steps set aside like running for mayor, governor, senator etc and taking the politically correct route how could an ordinary person without the financial backing of daddy's millions aspire to become president. What would that person have to do to gain not only the country's trust but also gain the the national recognition that would be nessesary to get his message accross?

Mod: not sure if this is the proper place to put this thread so feel free to move it where you think it may be most appropriate.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by photobug
If you look back at american history there were several presidents that came from nothing and overcame great obstacles to become president.

Ahh come on, do you really believe that?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Meatclown

ok you have me on that one but none the less that is the american dream. How about Lincoln living in a one bedroom cabin writing on a shovel with a piece of coal so he could become something better one day? I dont want to derail the thread but lets use our imagination here what would it take for me an average american to gain your trust, confidence and more importantly get your attention so that you may listen to what I have to say?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by photobug
How about Lincoln living in a one bedroom cabin writing on a shovel with a piece of coal so he could become something better one day?

While I am familiar with the log cabin, I have never heard the bit about him using coal and a shovel to practice writing. Those sorts of details, to me, sound like the work of a high school history text book writer. Though, I may be completely wrong, I have read enough to understand that such stories often have no basis in reality.

I will not discourage you from attempting to become President. In fact, I think it is great that there are ordinary citizens, like yourself, with the ambition to do so. And now, with how easy it is to exchange information and where ordinary people now have an outlet to make names for themselves, it will probably start moving more toward the direction of having more common people and independents that are taken seriously as Presidential candidates. That's my prediction, simply because people no longer have to, or choose to, rely on the corporate-sponsored mainstream media to tell them who matters. While these new outlets make it easier for people to make a name for themselves, do not let that undermine the amount of effort it will take. Also, keep in mind that broadcast publicity is no substitute for in person events, getting out there and actually shaking people's hands. Know you must be willing to go all in, committed to putting everything else aside to work toward such a goal.

My recommendations are fairly straight forward, and I am assuming you have a background which demonstrates successful leadership. You need to establish where you stand on every issue imaginable and you must be an exceptional speaker. People demand to know where a candidate stands on issues important to them. You will need lots of help with this. So, naturally, you will need, for lack of a better term, a "street team", those that are willing to put in huge amounts of time, just as committed as you are to getting you elected. Preferably, you could capture the attention and support of celebrities who are willing, and able, to be vocal about their support for you. And no matter how grassroots an internet-candidate may be, you will need financial backing. Obviously, it would be ideal to have a few large sum contributors who really believe in what you are trying to do. However, at the very least, many small monetary donations may be all you are afforded. Finally, you must be able to play hardball. You'll be dealing with some of the most ruthless people there are.

So, obviously this is not a complete checklist, and I'm certainly no political expert, but hopefully some of these suggestions may help you when considering your strategy. And definitely good luck to you. Heck, maybe I'll even vote for you... we'll just have to see how you stack up...

[edit on 2007/9/7 by evilod]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
thanks evil,

You make some great points. I too believe that it would be nessesary to generate grass roots supoort through an almost door to door approach and many many personal showings. I believe that you are also correct on being a great speaker. I personally do not think that I am a great orator however when I speak and when I speak from the heart I can compete with the best of them. Perhaps my strong point would be that I am a terrible liar. I believe I must start working on my platform for the 2012 elections and get my personal finances and business in order so that I can devote myself full time to this project.

Still looking for more input guys and gals.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I supose in order to keep this thread going I am going to have to offer up some great writings to keep everyone entertained. It seems that americans are more concerned with the rantings of a mad scientist trying to send a hot dog to a paralel universe utilizing only a microwave and a cell phone rather than trying to change the state of our country. Hmm no wonder we are called sheeple.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hello,

Here is something to remeber:

HOW TO BECOME PRESIDENT

Be at least 35 years old and a citizen born in the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands (or to American parents abroad). You also need to have been a U.S. resident for at least 14 years.

If you are not 35, will you be by 2012?

Good luck running my friend.

Dorian

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am currently 38 and meet all of the above requirements. I feel that i am just now becoming of both age and wisdom to do the job. It is clearly my generation whos time it is to take the power from those who abuse it and give it back to the people. Long live our republic.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
To get my vote you must:

1. Uphold the 1st and 2nd amendment.
2. Build THE WALL, secure our borders.
3. Disband and hold in court the ACLU and ban frivolous lawsuits.
4. Re-instate the DRAFT so every abled men and women get to serve at least 2 years in the military.
5. English as official lingo, mandatory.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater
To get my vote you must:

1. Uphold the Constitution and Bill of Rights
2. Build THE WALL, secure our borders.
3. Disband and hold in court the ACLU, CAIRand other 'enemies within' and ban frivolous lawsuits.
4. Re-instate the DRAFT so every abled men and women get to serve at least 1 years in the military during the time that a declriation of war is present.
5. English as official lingo, mandatory.

I liked what you wrote there, for the most part, but will change a little bit.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Quickest way to become the President of the US in '08

1. Leave the country
2. Deny your US Citizenship and become a foreigner
3. Return to the US
4. Force the ACLU and every other pro big business and pro big government PAC to put you on the ballot your reasoning being; "I'm entitled to it because I am an illegal and am entitled to every American job." If you become Mexican you can tell them that even your President thinks you should be a candidate for the position and furthermore he feels that it is entitled to you!

The original post asked for the PC answer on how to become president right?
[edit on 9-9-2007 by Low Orbit]

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Low Orbit]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Low Orbit

Ahhhh What would ATS be without a little humor. The sad fact is you might be onto something there.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
let me add to this Pbug...

5. Support Hillarycare, not only support it but attempt to get as many people to sign up for it as possible as long as they live anywhere on an American continent. After all isn't that all it takes to qualify for Hillarycare. At the same time they sign up for Hillarycare also try to get them to join your election team in '08 for these Americans will also be your base of support for the election.

In fact whatever you can think of that would be bad for the average American worker however still perceived as good by the PC community will be a good start in getting elected president for either political party in fact.

top topics

join