It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far you are willing to go in regards to your religious beliefs?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isaiah 24:21

Dragon;

I didn't ask you to believe everything I wrote.
I just asked would you consent to the fact that your agnosticism was not as well grounded in research as you might originally have thought.

Originally posted by LDragonFire:
And no Isaiah 24:21 I'm not pretending that I know all the answers, thats kinda the point of this thread.

Originally posted by LDragonFire:
Thank you very much. I'm always searching and studying. I just want to know, but I doubt that I ever will. Unlike others on this board that have all the answers, I will never claim this. The more I learn the more questions I have.

I think my agnosticism is very grounded.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by LDragonFire]

[edit on 13-9-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I don't know what happened to the above post, but I think booze may have played a role.

The is one of my last questions. I am Desperately trying to figure out why people believe so strongly in their religious beliefs when I'm unable to do so. Logically it doesn't make since, but we are speaking about God, a Benevolent Omnipotent being that is the creator of mankind and everything else on this Earth and of course heaven and hell, yeah you get the point. A God that spoke easily to people in the Old Testament, but to nobody Today.

People have shown on this thread just how far they are will to go in regards to their religious beliefs. I want to know Just how far they are willing to go.

Will you kill for your God?

If you would I want to know why, justify yourself.

If you would not, Why?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I don't have time to reply, right now, I have a 40+ hourly job and three children. I love my younguns a lot!!!
My jobs pretty good.(a factory)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by LDragonFire

I don't have time to reply, right now, I have a 40+ hourly job and three children. I love my younguns a lot!!!
My jobs pretty good.(a factory)

I cook for rich and famous people and I have 3 kids. Last week I cooked for Black Sabbath, 2 weeks ago I cooked for Nelly, 3 weeks ago I cooked for Nelly, Nickleback, and the President of Bosnia.

And the list goes on and on.

Also I got hammered by a Joyce Meyers convention, It was the attack of the Christians. They All were hungry, and they don't tip well. You should see how God has blessed her thank God for prosperity through faith

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFireThe is one of my last questions. I am Desperately trying to figure out why people believe so strongly in their religious beliefs when I'm unable to do so. Logically it doesn't make since, but we are speaking about God, a Benevolent Omnipotent being that is the creator of mankind and everything else on this Earth and of course heaven and hell, yeah you get the point. A God that spoke easily to people in the Old Testament, but to nobody Today.

Jesus IS The Word made flesh.
We were given the bible, too.
God has spoken to me many times, when I prayerfully asked and listened.
(Not particularly audible)

People have shown on this thread just how far they are will to go in regards to their religious beliefs. I want to know Just how far they are willing to go.

Will you kill for your God?

No!
Except capital punishment.(Which is not murder.) That's of the government. He tells us to love our enemy, to love even the misguided thief and murderer. To pray for them. and to tell them the truth IN love.
We hate the sin, but LOVE the person.
Love is not a feeling, it's unselfish work not for a thank you.
God can change the most vile person through the blood of Jesus.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I used to be a waitress and the christian groups were not TOO friendly, and they were usually very LARGE, but the worst tippers seemed to be bikers.
I've never been a big fan of Joyce Meyers. The bible says women shouldn't be preachers, but she has helped many women.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Jesus IS The Word made flesh.
We were given the bible, too.
God has spoken to me many times, when I prayerfully asked and listened.
(Not particularly audible)

I know you believe this, you pray and when something good happens to you, you feel blessed or that your prayers have been answered. I used to pray, almost as much as I would breathe. I prayed to be delivered from a bad situation, I was very young. My prayers were not answered, I asked others why this was so, and the answer they gave was God's answer would be : yes, no, or wait. This was not a answer to me, but a coop out. I lost my faith that God was real and cared about me. At least in the God of Christianity.

No!
Except capital punishment.(Which is not murder.) That's of the government. He tells us to love our enemy, to love even the misguided thief and murderer. To pray for them. and to tell them the truth IN love.
We hate the sin, but LOVE the person.
Love is not a feeling, it's unselfish work not for a thank you.

I believe you when you say NO!
The history of Christianity however is not so rosy and full of love, but quite the contrary.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I cook for rich and famous people and I have 3 kids. Last week I cooked for Black Sabbath,

No way! You suck! JK

Would you believe in GOD if it were Ozzy?

But seriously - music is my religion, as Jimi Hendrix (GOD, too) said.

I have had experiences, unexpected and unsought, that have proven to me that there is an unseen force that fits the description of all-knowing and all-loving. However, I did not get to the point of literally knowing by believing in NONSENSE or by going to church or by attaching myself and my brain to any particular -ism or being any sort of -ist. Other than a realist, that is. But maybe I should say 'surrealist.' :shk:

I do believe the bible although not in the way traditionally 'interpreted.' I have studied it intensely, from a dispassionate perspective, and have found it to be a metaphysical treatise on reality. I argue a lot for what I've come to understand, here at ATS, solely in the hope that someone might look at things in a new way, as I have, and see for themselves something true. I don't want to make them see what I see - only get them to look for themselves, in an original sense.

And the only true way is not through a man (Jesus) but what that man represents, in the bible (properly understood), and that is LOVE and total acceptance of people as human beings - imperfect and unique yet underneath all needing the same thing: to be love and understood.

I don't believe in duality except in the material plane; that is, there is no 'god vs devil' fight going on for our soul - it is an internal fight and it has everything to do with a single 'evil' called FEAR.

If there IS an 'anti-christ,' it is the christian religion. Simply because, despite all contrary and persistent claims, it goes directly AGAINST the idea of truth being the ultimate liberator.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Would I kill for my GOD? No. I might have, in other lifetimes...but maybe it was nothing more than the zeitgeist of the times. I would, however, die for my GOD. I might have, in other lifetimes. But the ultimate principle that I would be dying for is TRUTH.

Also I got hammered by a Joyce Meyers convention, It was the attack of the Christians. They All were hungry, and they don't tip well. You should see how God has blessed her thank God for prosperity through faith

Oh yeah. Gag a maggot. Jesus, please save me from your followers...

They will have their 'reward.'

Rock and roll will never die - therefore, music is the immortal GOD. Or so to speak.

[edit on 9/30/2007 by queenannie38]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Except capital punishment.(Which is not murder.)

Capital punishment IS murder. To purposely kill another person IS murder.

Forensic Evidence

The most recent release, on Monday, April 8, 2002, of Ray Krone who was convicted and sentenced to death in 1992, was also the 100th exoneration – though not all on DNA – of a death row inmate since the Supreme Court legitimized the death sentence again in the mid 1970's. That means that for every seven people executed in this country in the last quarter century, one has been exonerated, according to Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.), an error rate he finds unacceptably high.

If they turn out to be innocent, then there is NO argument that it IS murder.

That's of the government.

Are you a US citizen? If so, then what is of the government is also of YOU.

Then capital punishment definitely IS murder.

And also...that means, then, that there is hope, even, for corrupt judges, hypocritical jurists, and elitist politicians, alike!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

The bible says women shouldn't be preachers, but she has helped many women.

see... the bible is misogynistic.
women aren't shown as men's equals in the bible....
why won't anyone see this horrid point and realize that they're reading from an imperfect book written by imperfect MEN?

<< 1  2   >>

join