It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Rights Terrorists??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 10:25 AM
link   
still have no idea what this has to do with terrorism....but still
As America demonstrates, what we kill really doesn't matter, its how and why we kill it.

they will happily put a person to death in what is considered a humane manner with appropriate justification. what they wouldn't do is run him down with horses. The same ethic can be applyed to animals. I'd kill a dolphin if it was going to die from injury just to put the bugger out of its misery, I'd also kill it if it was decimating my fish crop.

I'm amazed no ones suggested some of the more practical reasons one might keep fox hunting going.

economic, tradition, heritige etc.

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 10:27 AM
link   
AR if you have somthing to add to the thread do so, if you don't, go somwhere else.

[Edited on 10-12-2002 by Lupe_101]

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Oh, Loopy, are you now the moderator in the group? I could say the same to you, as your drivel is just posted to antagonize. Go somewhere else? Bite me, Jackass...

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 10:34 AM
link   
so nothing on topic to add then?

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm sorry, Loopy...what topic was that? I can never tell with your ludicrous posts...

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Is this the normal course of events of threads on this forum? Discussion begins, and is disrupted into argument by an infant troll?

How is it that original discussion of labeling PETA terrorists has evolved into a graphic description of the blood-lust of traditional fox hunting?

To what end, other than self-aggrandizing ego flaunting, is the intent of such an exchange?

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Winston, Sorry for my part in that one. It's just that Loopy, the one you so correctly pegged as a Troll, does his little dance in just about every thread on the board. He never offers any proof, and expects people to just "trust him" on anything he says. I only bait him because it exposes his true intentions. Instead of offering proof and intelligent replys, he resorts to personal attacks on character, levels of anger, and even spelling to try to piss people off. He is very inflamatory, but I should quit baiting him. Even when I offer a sincere opposing view, he must resort to his terroristic tactics. I apologise for interrupting your thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 11:04 AM
link   
let me explain.

someone in the thread drew a comparison between medical testing and fox hunting.

I pointed out that this was an unfair comparison.

you and I indulged in discussion concerning the ethics of killing one animal in one way over killing another in other ways.

"To what end"

Who knows, maybe to broaden our minds on an academic subject, maybe to gain a greater understanding of the human condition through exposure to other view points.

"other than self-aggrandizing ego flaunting, is the intent of such an exchange?"

Well, as you've been part of this exchange I'd hope you desired more than "self-aggrandizing ego flaunting" while you were contributing.

If you want to continue discussing it, why not look over some of the pretty coherent arguments concerning the reasons people justify killing animals and the morality of that act put foreward by several people on this thread, you may even like to respond to my rebutal concerning your belief that the practice of culling foxes in some way justifys the nature of the "sport" as it stands today.
if you don't then maybe you'd like to check a different thread for more stimulating conversation, because frankly, I don't see anything "self-aggrandizing ego flaunting" in the posts by various members that have been on topic. What I do find vaguely "self-aggrandizing ego flaunting" is somone who dismisses a discussion they don't seem to want to contribute to by suggesting they are some how above it.

[Edited on 10-12-2002 by Lupe_101]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join