It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fate of humans after a couple of milleniums?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What do you think will happen to our human race in a couple of millenniums in the year 4004 A.D?

At the rate we are polluting our planet and all the wars we are involved in, I don't think we will be here even in the next millennium!!

Waiting to hear your thoughts on the subject.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
probably not here but maybe through the solar system or galaxy on colonies or conquered worlds? you never know.. but regardless whn we # this planet up and are forced to die or leave the earth will regenerate and one day (millions of years away) we may stumble across it again re-colonise it and # it up again

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
probably not here but maybe through the solar system or galaxy on colonies or conquered worlds? you never know.. but regardless whn we # this planet up and are forced to die or leave the earth will regenerate and one day (millions of years away) we may stumble across it again re-colonise it and # it up again

Some imagination you have. Hope that doesn't happen.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is how I see it....a habitable planet Earth isnt gonna be around that much longer....about a few hundred years at most....by then we have some good intersteller space travel equipment....we are forced to go some place else...most likely Mars (if its cultivated) or another Earthlike planet...when we # that planet up we will spread out through the galaxy going our seperate ways....since the galazy is such a large place we probaly wouldnt see to many humans....so we would eventually die out due to no reproduciton....I say give it 1000 years....the human race will be gone.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
As I see it we won't develop interstellar travel equipment, a WW will wipe out most of life on the planet and the remaining will die due to starvation and radiation poisioning.

Or life on Earth will meet an abrupt ending when a comet or supernova explosion hits Earth.

But chances are we will develop interstellar travel equipment, but I doubt we will colonize other planets.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I believe that we will be spread out all over the solar system, and possibly a little deeper in space. If we live in space without any anti-gravity support, we will evolveto adapt to weightlessness. On the issue of aliens, we may confirm their existance by this time. One theory of mine is that the grey alien species people claim to see nowadays are not actually aliens, but humans from thousands of years in the future. We will continue to change, and if time travel is ever possible, my thought could be true. As for the year 4004 A.D., colonization will be the key.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheConservative
I believe that we will be spread out all over the solar system, and possibly a little deeper in space. If we live in space without any anti-gravity support, we will evolveto adapt to weightlessness. On the issue of aliens, we may confirm their existance by this time. One theory of mine is that the grey alien species people claim to see nowadays are not actually aliens, but humans from thousands of years in the future. We will continue to change, and if time travel is ever possible, my thought could be true. As for the year 4004 A.D., colonization will be the key.

That is if we don't kill nuke ourself before that right?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

That is correct.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

That is correct.

Do you think we will make it to out of here alive, at the rate we are polluting earth I don't think we will even get a man out of our solar system let alone to the nearest galaxy.

Not only that look at all the wars we are fighting, too much effort and hard work is going into that rather than space travel.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
No matter how much we # the planet up (which we do a f*#king good job of) and kill off most life... the planet will recover... it has countless times in the past and it will again... all we'll acomplish is either wiping ourselves out or forcing ourselves to leave the planet... either way we've #ed things up for ourselves and probably 95% (at least) of life on the planet... but millions of years in the future, another race of intelligent beings may evolve and hopefully they can do it the right way

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
the planet will recover... it has countless times in the past and it will again...

... but millions of years in the future, another race of intelligent beings may evolve and hopefully they can do it the right way

What? How do you know that the planet has recovered countless times in the past?

It is a miracle that we have evolved this far, the chance of life evolving is very low, let alone intelligent life. I doubt it will happen again.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There has been lots of evidence of many mass-extinctions in the past e.g the dinosaurs, plus many more. In some of these cases up to 99% of life on earth became extinct and the earth has rejuvenated from them... just about anything we do to the planet wouldnt wipe 100% of life out so the odds are the earth will fix itself...

in regards to an intelligent species re-evolving... is just a possibility... it may or may not happen, but we wont be here to see it so it doesnt matter

p.s disregard the use of the word countless... i'm sure we could count them sorry

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by specialasianX]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

That is correct.

Do you think we will make it to out of here alive, at the rate we are polluting earth I don't think we will even get a man out of our solar system let alone to the nearest galaxy.

Not only that look at all the wars we are fighting, too much effort and hard work is going into that rather than space travel.

If we do survive, the nearest galaxy - Andromeda (M31) - will come to us. In the next so many millions of years, M31 will join our galaxy and cause major distortions. If we survive to this point, and don't get out of our galaxy, M31 will bring an end to humanity.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I will not speculate on what the future holds, but I'd love to post what I think should become of the human race: Death.

Peace will only be achieved through mankind's downfall. Given the current state of this world, it really makes an individual/couple think twice before bringing a child into this corrupt machine now called life.

Colonizing other planets? I'll wipe my arse with those thoughts. ::spits::

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
lol SO pecimistic!
If we follow past example, we'll be around for a VERY long time. People will predict our downfall every other day forever. Nuclear war, the super volcano in yellowstone, a mega asteroid, ect, people will STILL survive we have survived a lot of crazy crud (noah's flood OR ice ages if you beleive in those kinds of things) in our long history why is it now some buildings and some tailpipes?

If we have learned anything, unless there is some mind control on a global scale, there will always arise markets to drive off things people do not like. Right now people bitch about global warming (lol) and is and will result in changes but it's only through a substantial GLOBAL development, it's not just OUR USA fault that pollution exists 3rd world hyper polluters are to blame as well because nobody cares about pollution there, they care more about eating and not being gunned down out there. Free trade and preemtive attacks on opposing forces everyone.

top topics

join