It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Orders Media To Sell Attack On Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Alexis Debat, director of terrorism and national security at the Nixon Center, said last week that US military planners were not preparing for “pinprick strikes” against Iran’s nuclear facilities. “They’re about taking out the entire Iranian military,” he said.

Debat was speaking at a meeting organised by The National Interest, a conservative foreign policy journal. He told The Sunday Times that the US military had concluded: “Whether you go for pinprick strikes or all-out military action, the reaction from the Iranians will be the same.” It was, he added, a “very legitimate strategic calculus”.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Okay, nevermind my last post. THESE PEOPLE ARE COMPLETELY INSANE!

So the logic goes like this:

Since they're probably going to react the same way if we bomb their nuke facilities, we might as well just take out their whole military too.

Wow! Just wow!

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Conundrum04]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Blaine, you get a star for fact-checking Prison Planet, but I must ask; did you fact check your sources that claimed Ahmandinejad stated he wants you dead?

Did you know that almost everything to come out of Iran has been sourced/translated by a single organization? That organization is MEMRI which has it's roots firmly in Israel. They have been accused of mistranslation and misrepresentation. It's even been brought up on these forums where ATSers have done their own translations and come up with significantly different tone and context than the "official" snippets that are passed around western media sources.

Good work with the skepticism, but you have to remember to apply it to everything that you haven't verified.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I really can't see how the US can survive an attack on Iran. For starters unless the US has enough oil reserves for the next few years I don't think much will be coming through the Straits of Hormuz if Iran is attacked.

The only way it would happen is if the Cheney/Bush sinking ship decided to scuttle the US government in a suicide mission before they are removed by those who seek rapprochement with Iran.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Not only does Cheney want more than he needs, but he's willing to use the congress, judicial and the press, whom are just as much to fault. Point the finger at all these people, stop looking at just Cheney or Bush, it's this entire corrupt decadent Oligarchy. In order to smother a crashing economy they just invade another territory on the colonial map.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bubbabuddha

If you want to really lay blame where blame is due, you need to look at Corporate America.

Looks at the track record. Who's benefiting from all these destabilized nations?
It's not the US Government.
It's the Private Sector. It's the corporate shills that have gutted Iraq, that work hard to keep nations 3rd world so they can be exploited for cheap labor and cheap resources.

The Government is there to make people think they have a choice and a say. They are there to employ the use of military force in defense or for the procurement of private interests. The Corporations and Lobbyists have all the real control... and can be fit with most of the blame.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

esdad wrote:
Does the article metion the shelling in Northern Iraq and Turkey by Iran? Does it state the Iranian weapons and intel that have been secured in Iran. I feel sorry for the citizens of Iran as I do the citizens of America, but they are pissing on our shoes and for too long.

If they want to test their military to ours, I say so be it. Our Air Force will flatten their military in days and there is no need for occupation. Jsut beeter hope there are no nukes. I think the last piece of intel that is needed is confirmation that there are NO WMD's in the possession of Iran at this time to be used against neighbors in the event of an attack.

There is nothing to stop it and stop blaming the US for drumming the war machine, it goes both ways. One day, someone decides that they have had enough and a shot is fired. Look back through history. We are going start withdrawing from Iraq and go into Iran.

The reason Iran is shelling northern Iraq is because Kurdish guerrillas who during the last two years have become Tehran's most noisome domestic pest and who openly seek ways to become an international irritant as well. The Iranian Kurds hate the conservative, ethnically Persian government, and they want federal autonomy in Iran to match their Iraqi Kurdish cousins' arrangement next door. It's not just Iran who is shelling Northern Iraq. Both Iran and turkey have launched co-ordinated attacks against these Kurdish guerrillas. Bother Iran and Turkey have every right to defend themselves from terrorism spilling over into there respective countries. Funny you dont mention that it's the US that is arming and helping these terrorists.

www.democracynow.org.../03/27/1356250

We speak with independent journalist Reese Erlich about his report on Iranian Kurdish guerillas based among their Kurdish bretheren in northern Iraq. Erlich writes, "Kurdish and American sources say the United States has been supporting guerilla raids against Iran, channeling the money through organizations in Iraqi Kurdistan."

I feel sorry for the citizens of Iran as I do the citizens of America, but they are pissing on our shoes and for too long.

If you ask any Iranian they'll probably tell you that you've got it back to front. It is America & Britain that wont leave Iran alone. You destroyed their democracy back in 1953 and because of your persistent interference your partly the reason the middle east is the hell hole it is today. Iranian democracy could of spread to the entire middle east by now, but we'll never know now will we.
You American's certainly wont bring it about. You've failed miserably in both Afghanistan and Iraq and now you want to bring the same hell hole version of democracy to Iran. I'm surprised you people can even look at yourselves in the mirror every morning. But I guess it's easy when you dont have a conscience and dont take responsibility for your actions.

www.mohammadmossadegh.com...
hnn.us...

Some of you American's like playing with matches. One of these days you going to start a fire you cant put out and that fire will one day engulf you all.

You American's can forget about any help from us Brits. Never going to happen. We've learnt our lesson for listening to that basket case Bush and getting involved in Iraq. Not many people in this country support military action against Iran. Even Gordon Brown has said as much. If he did get involved in an attack. I guarantee it, Gordon and his entire administration will be hanging from the nearest tree by their balls a minute after the first bomb drops on Iran.

not your place to bash the American public. The majority of Americans hate this war as much as you do. Bush is an idiot...we all know that.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

From what I read on here, and other various sites, I don't think I would feel very welcome in another country. Which is why I have stayed local so to speak.

Hey we would make you most welcome as i was when i went to your country! A country Pub and a Pint or two of real ale and a ploughmans lunch , Yum !

Just let me know when ur on your way

Rgds
Git

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Electro38
Are you for real? Insulting American people. You don't know that most of the American people also think Iraq and Afghanistan are failures? We do.

I can understand your post if you insulted our govt. But the people? Most people in America are just like most people in other countries. We work all the time just to feed our families. Unless you're very rich or politically powerful how can you control what your govt. does? This is the case for your govt. too (where are you from?).

Well I'm certainly not anti American and I should of chosen my words more appropriately. I was referring to those people who support the Bush admin and everything they do. As for not mentioning Great Britain in all of this. Well there not the ones contemplating an attack on Iran based on lies and propaganda, like the Bush admin is. The Bush admin appear to be hellbent on a confrontation no matter what the cost and this will nodoubt effect everyone. So I apologise for not making myself clearer.

What sickens me is how people here on ATS talk about how Iran will be decimated like there playing some kind of computer game. This is real life and thousands of people will be killed. It might even spill over and start a nuclear war which will effect everyone. So I'm certainly not going to apologise to those people.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Behind u on that one Fella!! give u a star too !!

Rgds
Git

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
kindred, you're right. But I think the people speaking about destroying Iran are kids who do play a lot video games, immature and angry.

It was interesting for me to learn how the Iranians seemed more free back in the 60's? I'm not a student of this subject, but then it seemed their freedoms were hijacked by religion.

Doesn't it seem that these religions have an oppressive attitude towards women? (Islam, etc. Even the Catholic church was hell bent on killing women for some time with the witch hunts and inquisition).

Ironic to me that some of the most "holy" places are more like hell.
The earth's most popular religions came from that one small area, and they're (the religions) the cause of all the trouble.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Electro38 I agree to a certain extent with what you say about religion. I'm certainly no fan, but it's their country and that is how they've chosen to live. So whether we like it or not we have to respect their decision to live that way. If Iranians want a more just, open and free society, then it is up to them and only them to bring it about.

As for Iranian's being more free back in the 60's than they are today. Well if you ask me you're only as free as you think you are. Most people especially the younger generation in Iran are alot more pro western than there leaders are comfortable with, but that doesn's bother the Iranian youth. Most couldn't care less what their government thinks. In that respect there Iran's best hope for democracy. If you attack their country any hope of democracy coming to frution will be gone for a very long time.

I would love see how humanity would fair when it comes to relations with an Alien species. We would probably declare war on them just because of the way they look.
One things for sure, as a species we still have a lot of growing up to do.

Ram

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Like a few years ago - I had trouble figuring out - how will Russian politics stand if this happends...

Or China for that matter...
If US warmachine goes into Iran - Who is then Allied to who?
-
Does anybody know? Do we know at all! what is going on?
These leaders have completly lost their minds...!
Taking advantage of human nature - lying...Wicked lies everywhere.

It's a very blurry story that unfolds on this planet In My Opinion.

What is right, is basically wrong.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Electro38 I agree to a certain extent with what you say about religion. I'm certainly no fan, but it's their country and that is how they've chosen to live. So whether we like it or not we have to respect their decision to live that way. If Iranians want a more just, open and free society, then it is up to them and only them to bring it about.

kindred. I agree completely.(I wasn't suggesting that it is anyones business to change anything in other countries).

I personally wish our govt. (USA) would forget about trying to run the world, influence, etc. And put all of that energy into making our country better, make sure all Americans can get access to good health care, make sure our schools are great, and become a better friend to other countries.

If these other countries, or religious fantatics want to threaten or attack us we should deal with that exclusively, not by invading or bombing other countries.

Where are all of our great special ops we're supposed to have? And what good are our spy satelites if we can't do anything with them? We can see our own houses in google maps, etc. but we can't see anything else? You can see me in my backyard and yet everything comes as a surprise to our govt. and military? They lie to us.

They know where Bin Laden is (he probably works for the US). Not to say that catching Bin Laden would mean anything, it wouldn't. They let him go when they stopped bombing the Tora Bora mountains for 3 days. Why was there a cease fire for 3 days when we were sure we had him? Of course so he could get out of there.

It's all an orchestration of lies and deceit. Probably more to do with money than anything else.

I love how the Swiss are.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Well I don't see how Cheney is going to make any more progress because Iran is already doing the job sufficiently. Iran is practically begging to start a war and we might as well give to them.

So, you've already bought the hype?

Or is this a biased opinion because you support Israel?

Israel has the bomb ... hell, Pakistan, India and N. Korea have the bomb. Why shouldn't Iran? M.A.D. is still a very real pact. If anyone launches a nuclear attack they will be obliterated as well.

If Israel and Iran want to act like little kids on the playground, and sabre-rattle each other with name calling and useless threats, so be it. Let them threaten each other until they finally initiate a war with one another. But, that's got nothing to do with America. And we should keep our noses out of it.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If you're so skeptical of big media outlets because you think they're under government control, why do you believe what you read on "independent" news outlets that expose the real stories that have been buried by the evil corporate media machine when they're even less credible than the big evil media outlets? Couldn't the independent news sources be controlled by the government too?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Electro38
Where are all of our great special ops we're supposed to have? And what good are our spy satelites if we can't do anything with them? We can see our own houses in google maps, etc. but we can't see anything else? You can see me in my backyard and yet everything comes as a surprise to our govt. and military? They lie to us.

Good points. Certainly makes you wonder why they cant come up with any decent evidence to back up their claims, especially considering there in possession of some of the most advanced spy satellites and other tech on the planet.

Electro38
I love how the Swiss are

You read my mind. I was thinking the same thing. If the Uk gets any worse I might consider emigrating to switzerland myself. Definitely one of the best places to live when it comes to quality of life.

tyranny wrote
If Israel and Iran want to act like little kids on the playground, and sabre-rattle each other with name calling and useless threats, so be it. Let them threaten each other until they finally initiate a war with one another. But, that's got nothing to do with America. And we should keep our noses out of it.

Well said tyranny.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by kindred]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Green_57

I don't believe all the "independent" news stories either. Many of them are as biased as the main stream media outlets. I believe what makes sense when you look at the big picture.

What's more probable ... Iran, a country who's never invaded another is looking to aquire nukes out of hostility, and all the stories we hear on FOX and CNN is ture — OR — Iran is developing nuclear technology for protection because they're bordered by U.S. forces East and West in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the stories are hype to initiate another conflict?

It's a proven fact that media outlets are under political influence. Producers admint to being bullied to push propaganda.

Corporate American Foreign Agenda is one greedy sonofabitch with a quenchless thirst.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And Here We Go [...]

U.S. seizes 'Iran agent' in Iraq

edit: the massive foild attacks in germany today will only be another reason for our politicians (especially Mr. Schäuble) to make new anti-terror laws that threaten the personal freedom of every german citizen...
the 3 suspected terrorists actually came from the same region i live in...... never thought that some of my neighbours could be part of one of the few 'real' terrorist organisations...
but who knows - maybe it was false flag once again - time will tell...

anyway: does this guy look like an arabic terrorist to you

really strange if you ask me... -_-*

[edit on 5-9-2007 by EBE154]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EBE154

anyway: does this guy look like an arabic terrorist to you

No, but he does look like a typical Persian. I should know, I've met quite a number of them, Persians and Arabs.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder207

Originally posted by Marid Audran
Nah, that is a Friday - nothing ever happens on that day because you can't manipulate the masses over a weekend - it needs to be done early in the week when most people are more available to receive propaganda.

I disagree, Friday works out great, we can all sit around and watch it on TV. Why waste all that money on munitions during the week when we are at work when you can schedule it during the weekend and keep us glued to the tube?

I would like to remind you of what happened on 9/11 - I don't know anyone who worked a whole day on either 9/11 or 9/12 and several people who took the whole week off to watch events unfold. By doing so it was ensured that both everyone was at home watching TV rather than driving, camping, golfing, what have you and additionally it brought our economy to a screeching halt for a couple of days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join