It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox Users : must have list

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by jiggerj

Showing a page on a new tab in firefox is a bit annoying, you have to go into the complicated config page.

Type about:config into the address bar, you will get a warning about invalidating your warranty

Then find the entry that says browser.newtab.url, double click on it and put google.com into there (it probably says about:newtab or something at the moment)

edit on 16/6/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Whoa! It took less than a minute. Thank you!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
For privacy the addons I use are:

Ghostery
[snip]
NoScript
FlashBlock

Web sites load a lot faster after installing those because a lot of flash tracking elements are blocked. You can enable them by clicking the little play icon wherever it shows on the page. Typically it's on the sidebar or lower left corner where webmasters put 1 pixel by 1 pixel flash trackers.

NoScript does exactly what it says. Prevents scripts from running.
[snip]

Ghostery - Blocks trackers. Tell's which sites and companies are attempting to track you. Has a cute little pacman like ghost icon you can use.

All of these addons will allow you to whitelist sites if you must in order to get to the content.
edit on 27-1-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I only use two.. Superstart and Adblock Edge.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i like the X-notifier. you can know right away when “you’ve got mail!” with it. X-notifier checks all of your Webmail accounts and notifies you about unread emails. It also supports some of your social channels, so you’re always on top of what your friends are saying.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

edit on 11-5-2014 by TheCowboyWay because: typo

edit on 11-5-2014 by TheCowboyWay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: brill

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hay,
Lovely thread, very informative.
Now I am a dinasaur
so hang in with me, please.
I would love to use all this info, but my PC will not let me download FF!!
The feature I was most interested in was spellcheck and FF seemed a good solution. I had Chrome (was given this pc), deleted it, which caused a crash, it was a terribly intrusive accessivly nasty monster. I tried Google toolbar, equally useless, deleted. Second crash. Apparently Google is very teritorial.
So I have a PC I think it uses XP, and I only use wi-fi.
When I try to download it either says "download failed" or "mall ware detected" Firewall is on.
In advance thanks. Hope this isn't off topic, if it is just move me some where else don't just remove my post, please.
WIS

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Great thread,
I'm afraid when I went to flag your thread it removed one, very strange you had nine and when I clicked the flag it reduced to eight, odd.
Thanks
WIS
edit on 8-1-2015 by WalkInSilence because: stupidity on my part

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Hey nice information your shared. Though I am using forefox more than 2 years. And I am too much happy to use this. And of course the extra feature will definitely encourage to the users.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Temetka

No-Script is great, I use that and adblock. Some other things like Ant Video Downloader, but no-script in and of itself has stopped a lot of problems for me.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It is also important to include “Ghostery” to your essential plugins.

For maximum block and privacy (WebRTC disabler, Umatrix, Privacy badger, ublock origin, https Everywere, and disconnect)
Also as mentioned above a critical plug-in to use is “no scripts”.

Webrtc, Ghostery, https everywere, privacy badger, and disconnect will work very well together without site load problems.

You must use these plug-ins with a balance meaning go to the sites you commonly use and test to see what you need enabled to get them to work or display correctly

All of these plug-ins can be found under addons manager in firefox browser. Just use the search function to find and install each one.

One of my favorites is “Flashgot” a great plug-in to download everything from Youtube and from other sites also like sound cloud and many others.

Enjoy
edit on 5-3-2016 by 3ncrypt0Rdie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Grammarly for firefox addons.mozilla.org... is a neat spellchecker for dyslexic folk like me and it has brit spelling ,it has other features for writers

(post by malikdholmes removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 19 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join