It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

last post listed not on thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Silly question...

If a member's name is listed on the forum or favorites screen as the "last post" on a thread but the actual post is not on the thread itself and there is nothing indicated it was posted, does this mean the post was deleted by a Mod?

This did not happen to me but it is something I have observed on a thread that could be considered controversial.

Just curious, thanks.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
i think it sometimes happens when a mod or admin has bumped a thread for some reason but doesn't make a comment. check the name of the person who is named as the last poster and see if the are a mod/admin

not sure if the post deleted thing is relevant as you get the warning box stating the post was deleted.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've seen this happen too. The poster(s) aren't mods. At first I thought it was just me, like perhaps something was wrong with my browser. It's only started in the past 2-3 days.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Not listed as a Mod.

The thread is "Immigration Nightmare". Obviously a controversial topic. My subscibed posts lists the "last post" as being by Godruigez. The thread lists the last post as being by Jessica or something like it.

Curious. I hope no one got to hot over it.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Sometimes when new members write extremely offensive posts, they are banned and the post is trashed, this could be the reason. Also, you said they weren't a mod, but I think the FSME's have the ability to move threads and make edits as well, so maybe it's one of them.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm seeing an entire thread gone today. Wondered what happened to it.

It was a little on the controversial side in religion.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

It used to be called Global Ignore or something of the like?
If someone is a bad girl or boy this happens.

Or it could be something really sinister like the internet is spinning out of control and we shall all have to resort to using HAM radios to talk to one another from now on.

edit for bad spelling (dur)

[edit on 9/3/2007 by bobafett1972]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This phenomenon is happening again with the same ATS member on the same topic. Is the person being banned or censored? Just curious.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972

I don't think this is global ignore, though... I can see the posts of the allegedly ignored member(s) fine elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972

Or it could be something really sinister like the internet is spinning out of control and we shall all have to resort to using HAM radios to talk to one another from now on.

I could see hidden global ignores as a mechanism for control, go to one of the free IP redirect sites and test the thread, screen shot any differences, Of coarse if censorship is done, you wont see my post here to begin with

The otherthing to do, is post replies to people that have contriversal post, just to let them know somebody sees it. Try and quote others a bit when replying this makes it tougher for a post to just disapear.

I have not caught ATS censoring. However if things are as bad as they could be, I would guess they don't global ignore, they would have a group of known thought criminals in a group and only they see each others threads flagged as thought crimes. Thats what I would suspect the method to be. The idea of censorship is to fragment the world into controllable bubbles. Let the 5% fume as long as they only hear each other. However, I again have not seen this, trying annonomous IP's I do not believe this site is censored, currently. although I think flow of threads is engineered on all forms to keep subjects that are good in the back of the room.

As far as the Internet being Taken Over with censorship, it is rampant, don't forget to talk to people in person also.

I do fear the day will come when I will be ringing a bell wearing a cardboard sandwitch board on the corner of the street.

Buring CD's and passing out little cards with favorite links is a good way also, plus you would get feedback if you are censored.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
i saw a thread which i had replied to and the member who started it totally vanish the other day also - it doesn't even list it as trashed or the member appear as banned.. the member name just doesn't exist anymore and the page link which is still listed under my ats goes to the page which says this -

On July 28th, 2007, we underwent a significant upgrade to our servers and technology infrastructure. Part of that upgrade included some modifications to the information architecture across several sites. Perhaps you followed an old link, or used a bookmark to an old page, or, it may even be possible that you (or someone else) mistyped a link to our sites.

it was to do with that leo wanta case and had a link to a pdf claiming to be the court filing for the case.

now bogus story or not, shouldn't the member who posted it just be listed as banned rather than non-existent and the thread be listed as trashed rather than pointing to thelink with the excuses listed above - none of which could even be possible in this case btw?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
i saw a thread which i had replied to and the member who started it totally vanish the other day also - it doesn't even list it as trashed or the member appear as banned.. the member name just doesn't exist anymore and the page link which is still listed under my ats goes to the page which says this -

do you remember the member name?

I believe Mod's delete known hoaxes. I however think they should list them or just file them in a hoax thread pile. Sort of like how doctors must always single line cross out info, and never erase it. Not because it is wrong, but to maintain a complete credibility.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

yes, the member name was 'g2' and the post title was 'PDF of entire Wanta petition, Federal District Court Filings'

i'm all for deleting threads and banning members if they are up to no good but i think the thread should be shown as trashed and the member name shown as banned (or on global ignore) if this is the case.

making a member a 'non-person' is, well, rather 1984ish isn't it?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
making a member a 'non-person' is, well, rather 1984ish isn't it?

I would agree with you, and if a site went back and removed threads or media clips (I have not seen this here) for political reasons then they also would be like 1984 in that they would be rewriting the record of history.

I do know that search engines massage their relevancy to achieve this, and corporations use copyrights to do this.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Here's the right answer:

If it says Majic
he's on Global ignore, the poor guy and he thinks he's posting when in fact he's not posting on account on being on Global ignore.

Majic, I love you!! Why did you not behave????

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Do you mean this majic?

www.majiceyesonly.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

You're pulling our leg, aren't you? Majic is on Global Ignore? But why?

PS -- Is that you in the avatar? If so you've got pretty eyes.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

thats weird..i thought majic was an exemplary moderator. probably the kindest one ive seen here. too bad

top topics

join