It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate PeTA People

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
They were outside my market across the street protesting foie gras just now.

I screamed in counter-protest that foie gras is absolutely delicious, it's divine!

I didn't buy any since I didn't have the cash to burn on it yet these liberal vegans still heckled me on the way out.

I'm sorry but I believe God put tasty animals on this Earth for us to eat. Yes, we should be as nice to them as we can while they're alive, but still in the end we eat their gorged liver or any other part we want.

That's just the way things are.

[edit on 9/2/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Eating meat is more deeply ingrained in humans than anything else in this world. Before religion and society, we were just hunters and gatherers. Eating animals is a part of who we are, the most basic of human instincts, and we probobly wouldn't have made it here without eating them.

I see no point in protesting against buyers of meat anyway, if they don't buy it someone else will. If they wanted to have a remote chance of having any impact at all, they would go to the slaughter houses to protest.

To any peta people, I have a few questions: What if an animal dies of natural causes, is it still wrong to eat it? Also, would you eat meat if you were going to starve to death?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm not a PeTA person... I do believe all animals have the right to live their lives to the fullest, just like humans do. I'm on the fence though if eating meat is bad or not... I tend to like it to much to give up...

And remember, the Lion doesn't care if the Antelope has rights, only that it's meaty goodness will keep him alive another day. So, if we are to be similar to nature.... go eat Antelope. (j/k)

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Antelope is actually quite tasty.
Especially the rump...slow roasted...
/drool...

Those PETA folk...ignore them.

If anyone lives a true vegan life,
I'm Santa Claus.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm literally waiting for the day someone looses it and machine guns a crowd of these people.

And I hope it is video taped on high-quality film.

Then, when I'm irritated at something, I'll just watch the video to some Rammstein music (Such as Zerstören), and all my troubles will just drift away.

I hate these people more than communists, and that is saying something. My hatred of them goes much further back...

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hahahah, Lexion then you most certainly aren't Santa Claus, even my fiance, who is a vegan, will from time to time break out and eat something with some kind of animal product in it.

Also, I remember seeing a Penn & Teller: BS episode about peta, and them doing all sorts of hypocritical stuff, putting down animals while protesting such stuff. Oh and there was reputed evidence of them paying someone to firebomb some place they didn't like. Sorry to be sketchy on details, but I saw it a long time ago.

So yes, peta sucks. Let's all go for steaks

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i tried not eating meat for a while, made me sick i couldnt sleep my reaction time was slow, we need meat

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Mmmmmm ... meat. Without meat, we would not have become the species we are. the proteins and other nutrients are what helped evolve our brains, and part of the reason we became upright beings instead of semi-quadrupeds. It's not the meat that is the problem, IMO, but the way it's produced, with tainted feeds and inhumane slaughter.

I also have no problem with people wearing fur, or leather, or feathers, so long as they are produced humanely. We've been using animals for millions of years. We're part of the web of life, life feeds on life, that's all there is to it.

Anyway, PETA is quite hypocritical and frankly, I think their leader is a shill, or insane. Perhaps both.

Here are some links about the real PETA. Print some out and hand them around next time you see them, but be prepared to run like hell.

www.petakillsanimals.com...

Video

Penn & Teller Video

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I just can't help it...

I'm always compelled to just say "eat me" to these fools...

It's just so right, and so wrong... On so many levels...

[edit on 5/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm not fan of peta either but I've never seen them just protest the eating of meat. Being curious, since I've never even heard of Foie gras, I decided to look it up. It seems that what happens to fowl to make Foie gras is pretty sickening and I can see reason to protest.

In modern foie gras production, force feeding takes place 12−18 days before slaughter. The duck or goose is typically fed a controlled amount of corn mash through a tube placed in the animal's esophagus. Due to this force feeding procedure, and the possible health consequences of an enlarged liver, animal rights and welfare organizations and activists regard foie gras production methods as cruel to animals. Foie gras producers maintain that force feeding ducks and geese is not uncomfortable for the animals nor is it hazardous to their health. Scientific evidence regarding the animal welfare aspects of foie gras production is limited[3] and inconclusive.[4] A number of countries and other jurisdictions have laws against force feeding or the sale of foie gras due to how it is produced.
en.wikipedia.org...

Knowing this, I would never eat foie gras.

It seems a lot of you guys just dislike peta for peta. I dislike them because of the reasons ringo_shells listed above and I disagree with them on the issue of animal testing for medical reasons.
Just because peta protests something it shouldn't make you side against what they are protesting. A lot of what we do to animals is inhumane, IMO Foie gras is one of them.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
In the name of the culinary arts...

And all that is delicious... Foie gras is but one of life's little yummy treats that would be best left undefined in our collective dining conscience...

It makes for great burger blend as well:

www.danielnyc.com...

and:

www.deandeluca.com...

If you are scoring at home.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ummm...

Originally posted by Umbrax

In modern foie gras production, force feeding takes place 12−18 days before slaughter.

Due to this force feeding procedure, and the possible health consequences of an enlarged liver

If I were 12-18 days from slaughter, an
enlarged liver wouldn't really be a worry.

Scientific evidence regarding the animal welfare aspects of foie gras production is limited[3] and inconclusive.

So, where is PETA getting it's info ?

BTW, Foie Gras is quite tasty.

Regards,
Lex

Edit to repair an ex tag.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

If I were 12-18 days from slaughter, an
enlarged liver wouldn't really be a worry.

OR having a tube showed down your throat.
Or I guess anything since you are on your way to death. Stuff like being skinned alive or whatever kind of unnecessary pain you may go through before your death as all good to you eh?

BTW, Foie Gras is quite tasty.

You guys can keep your flame bait. I've said what I had to say and this will be my last post in this thread.
Y'all can live with yourselves knowing how your food gets so tasty. I'll keep my hard earned money and spend it on products that don't involve torture.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I am not a fan of a lot of PETA activity either but I also don't believe in being inhumane to animals, and there peta is doing their job.

Yes humans are meant to eat meat, though I don't think we should be doing it in the quantities we do.

I respect animals, eaten or not, but they don't need to be tortured in the process. Which is why I only buy humanely treated food.

The PP said that if you are dying anyways, who cares if you are forced fed, Well, 12 days is a very long time to be tortured. A minute is too long to be tortured. Foi gras and veal should be banned.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The absurdity of their argument gives them to temerity to be so bold. You would never see these people attack the NWO/Police state in such a manner. They will bark about animals because it doesn't interfere with real political and social issues. Animal rights are important, but not as important as human rights, but human rights is a much tougher cause to fight.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
P.E.T.A extremist kind of get on my nerves as well. One of my friends has a cousin who will sit there and make comments such as "Ew, disgusting" and what not whenever you eat meat in front of her.

Eating meat is a natural part of the food chain. I disagree for hunting for pure sport (you should eat what you hunt), and big corporate owned farms and I also don't eat baby animals (such as lamb and veal), so I can agree with PETA on those subjects. Other than that, they need to chill out.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
*coughs*

Is a member of PETA

*coughs*

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
We had some PETA people running around here a few years ago, flashing some type of badge forcing their way into livestock operations and harassing the employees.

Sheriff put a quick end to it.

Roper

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Foie gras production does involve force-feeding of birds.

But it is not cruel or unusual. It actually is based on natural processes where these migratory birds gorge themselves to store fat in their livers before they migrate to give them the energy to make long flights.

Foie gras production dates back to at least ancient Roman times.

[edit on 9/6/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
*coughs*

Is a member of PETA

*coughs*

Perhaps you could, rather than just stepping in and mentioning your a member like a coward, elaborate and post some counter arguments? =)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join