It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second British general bashes US strategy in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Second British general bashes US strategy in Iraq

afp.google.com

The British backlash over the United States's handling of post-invasion Iraq grew Sunday as another military commander blasted Washington's "fatally flawed" policy.

Major General Tim Cross, the top British officer involved in planning post-war Iraq, said he raised serious concerns with then US defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld about the possibility of the country descending into chaos.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related Links:
ap.google.com
guardian.co.uk
iht.com

[edit on 2/9/2007 by nickh]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The ties between the UK and US seem to be dwindling away slowly but surely. After General Sir Mike Jackson called their Iraq policy "intellectually bankrupt", Major General Tim Cross is now stating that he has serious concerns with their strategy.

It looks like Brown is doing what Tony Blair should have done many years ago - pulling away from the underneath the blanket that Bush has covered the UK in.

Don't get me wrong... the US are obviously a strong ally for the UK, but some of their strategies are, well... absurd.

afp.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It's about damn time the British Army started speaking up over Iraq, not just regarding the Pentagon's outrageous incompetance, but also I would like to see them express their views on the politicians who started this crap, both American and British. I know Sir Mike Jackson went after Rumsfeld, but I would like to see the scope of criticism expanded.

Unfortunately though, I seriously doubt the Army will turn around and have a go at the British Government.

Sometimes there is such a thing as being TOO professional...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I wonder if these things are coming out because of the friendly fire things that have been happening.

Strange that england would be speaking out against the usa.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I wonder if these things are coming out because of the friendly fire things that have been happening.

Strange that england would be speaking out against the usa.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. I guess that people in the UK have always wanted to say these things, but didn't really have the "guts". But because of the recent friendly fire incident it kind of gives them a reason to speak out - or at least a fall-back plan if the US lashes out back at the UK - they can just use the ff incident as an example of a failing strategy.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Isn't it refreshing for once to see the Government and the MOD saying exactly how it is for once, instead of reading off carefully scripted notes compiled by the spin doctors. At last the Government are saying what the people have been saying for years. Get em out and leave Iraq to build it's own future.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What a couple of jackasses I'm sorry but this is a little late in the game to be stating the obvious. I could've told you what these guys said 3 1/2 years ago.

top topics

join