It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(edited) flashplayer wants my camera and mic?(solved)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I was just watching google video and when I clicked on the button in the bottom right of the screen the following message appeared:

"allow google video to acces your camera and microphone"

EXCUSE ME!!! Why does google want to acces my camera and mic? Does google not like the uploads they get and do they want webcamshots and private conversations?

Now I'm very sure that there is a good reason for it... but I just don't like the fact that they are asking because I like my privacy.

Juliet

[edit on 2/9/07 by ambushrocks]

[edit on 2/9/07 by ambushrocks]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
that would be something that is built into adobe's 'flash' player (formerly macromedia's). you will see it on any flash video if you right click and every time i have ever seen it, it always requires your tick in the box. however, why it's there in the first place is a mystery.....

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
That's just the default settings window for any Flash movie. If you right-click on any Flash animation/movie anywhere, you'll get that exact-same window.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Yeah it's still weird... but thank you for telling me it's a flash thing... I didn't know that. Maybe it'll make the search a bit easier.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This alway happen when you want to upload a video captured with your webcam. Nothing special at all.

Closed.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Thank you... mysterie solved...lol. I'm sorry but I'm a bit carefull with privacy things. A few years ago there was a case where company secrets were revealed due to a remote controlled webcam and mic (the webcam and mic were) hacked. I don't remember which company it was anymore but it was on the dutch news. Since I heard that I always tend to turn my webcam to the wall when I'm not using it...lol.

Juliet

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

well the simplest and easiest of all firewalls is to just unplug the camera/microphone or the pc from the internet. if you don't need it to be connected when your not using it the pull the connection. its the only way to be sure you wont be hacked over the net.

top topics

join